Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

The ultimate wasted rare?

I've gotten tons of useless rares.

Like one day I was digging up some dirt and got a rare roll, thinking I got yet another rare dirt it turned out I got a supreme.... bone.  Yeah, some long dead creature's frigging bone.  I couldn't even cook with it!

I added it to the rare one I already had and my goblin skull and made a skull and crossbones decoration, until I got bored of that and sac't it for nutrition and a tiny bit of skill gain.

ugh talk about useless.

Edited by Koreal
  • Cat 2

3 hours ago, Koreal said:

I've gotten tons of useless rares.

Like one day I was digging up some dirt and got a rare roll, thinking I got yet another rare dirt it turned out I got a supreme.... bone.  Yeah, some long dead creature's frigging bone.  I couldn't even cook with it!

I added it to the rare one I already had and my goblin skull and made a skull and crossbones decoration, until I got bored of that and sac't it for nutrition and a tiny bit of skill gain.

ugh talk about useless.

Yes, that was definitely wasted, but probably not how you think.  Unless you are joking.  I really hope you are joking.

Those bones can transfer their rarity level to a finished item in inventory.  You could have rared one item and supremed another.  Rare bones sell for silvers in the teens and I think a supreme sells for about 50s.

Please  tell me you are joking.

• Like 2

Behold, my supreme and rare skull crossbones:

PLLBscb.png

I took this screenshot years ago for a different reason, but it happened to catch my glowybones decor in the background

Edited by Koreal
  • Like 1

lmao not to worry, the sacrifice part was a joke.   I turned a butchering knife supreme and my BP rare.

11 hours ago, Koreal said:

Behold, my supreme and rare skull crossbones:

PLLBscb.png

I took this screenshot years ago for a different reason, but it happened to catch my glowybones decor in the background

that magical chest looks really cool. Is it color runed?

yeah, took quite a few tries before I got a reddish color out of the random number generator but I like it.

Somewhere I still have a screenshot from about 4 years ago. One of my first rare rolls, while I was pushing a crate. >.>

• Like 5

I once got 3 rare dirt and a supreme felled tree in 1 day.

Spent the rest of my day imping drake but the luck was all gone.

• Like 1

Not sure if wasted or not but once i got a fantastic 5 copper coin. I asked around if it was worth more than 5 coppers.

I was dissapointed.  (happened through foraging)

Edited by elentari
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, elentari said:

Not sure if wasted or not but once i got a fantastic 5 copper coin. I asked around if it was worth more than 5 coppers.

I was dissapointed.  (happened through foraging)

I would have paid more than 5c for it, as I have a rare coin collection.  Doing the actual trade, though, is a pain.  

Surprised no one has  said WURM  ...

It is a wasted rare gem with so much still that can be added...

I had hundreds of uselss rares

I think the spotlight is for slate/sandstone shards, also slate/sandstone rare bricks and rounded stones. Got several of them, they cannot be used to craft anything that can become rare, they cannot be used to improve anything. they weight 20 and 15kg, they decay fast and have 0 decoration purpose.

a honorable mention is concrete

If we are talking about "improving to rare" i would say: net traps. 
They have absolutely no use, rarity on them has no use, weight a lot, huge volume, and they pile up if you try to use them as decorations, there are several around because of ropemaking-skilling. I got about 4-5 of them and nobody really wants them.

Edited by Davih