Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Slap/shoo emote to trigger farm-animal move

The amount of times I have too many animals clustered near the fences when trying to replant pens... Why do I need a rope when I should be able to just shoo them off the tile I'm on?

P.S. Animals that have fight-fiercely trait should have the option to nip animals that are overcrowding them to disease-risk levels, with the same result of triggering movement. Does not need to cause damage, just trigger movement.

Edit: I like the idea of a new, purpose-built emote, but I'll definitely settle for bolt-on functionality.

Edited by Drayka
Updating title
  • Like 5

I'd like a "shoo" emote better than a slap. This would be useful in other situations too, eg. if you're trying to catch a wild animal that has wandered onto a deed, you could use this to herd it off deed where you can lead it. It would also offer a solution to the problem of accidentally leaving an unbranded horse on a deed and being unable to lead it again due to permissions.

I really love the second idea of animals interacting with each other. It's definitely tedious to use a rope to manually move them from crowded tiles. They keep packing the same tiles even though they have enough space. Having them bite each other to get space is great, it would solve this pileup problem and add a little more life to the animals too. Any creature in crowded conditions, regardless of traits, could occasionally nip the other creatures and cause them to move away. It could cause a small bite wound but not put them in combat, similar to what happens when we emote at animals with the "overly aggressive" trait. Animals with the overly aggressive and fight fiercely traits could be more likely to bite or cause more damage when they do.

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 2

The shoo emote should cause all farm animals nearby to walk away from the player, instead of having to target them.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2020 at 8:13 PM, Idlamn said:

The shoo emote should cause all farm animals nearby to walk away from the player, instead of having to target them.

Mouseover mob->emote->slap for 1 mob diceroll

Mouseover tile->emote->shoo for AoE diceroll