Sign in to follow this  
Golddrakken

Time continues when LAN server off? Plus other question(s)

Created local server via LAN for family to play together on...logged out, then shut-down server, turned off computer.  18-20 hours later I turn it back on, log in and all food I'd cooked was rotten and got multiple messages saying "...breakfast rotten, you throw it away..." or words to that effect.

My question: does the game track time, even when the server's shut down, so items such as the food I cooked will decay when we're not playing?

This is on the default 'Adventure' map, if it matters. 

We found an area designated as "Dueling Ring" -- if I create a GM character and destroy the markers will that affect any other part of the game (is it tied in with any quests and/or missions) -- will getting rid of it break something else?

Two of us started in 'Hearth'...while exploring we've found roads that make no sense at all:  roads going up cliff faces that are nearly vertical...and the road ends at nothing.  Other places there are roads that are only 15-20 tiles long, zig-zagging back and forth and connected to nothing.  Is this 'normal' for this map, or an indication something is bugged/glitched?  Have verified the game-files via Steam and nothing changed.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Edited by Golddrakken
spelling

4 hours ago, Golddrakken said:

When you log off with food in your inventory, it takes damage even if you log off for only 1 minute. Most of the time, food left in your inventory will be throw away the next time you log in, unless it was good QL to begin with.

When you shut down the server, it stops tracking time in the sense of crops no longer growing, nothing decaying, animals not moving, the forge staying lit, etc.

The Adventure map does have a lot of quirky things, like roads going nowhere.  It is normal for that map.  Another feature of Adventure is that it's PvP, so if you wander into another kingdom you will get attacked by guards.

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1