Sign in to follow this  
Iliililill

Mob respawn Bug

Mobs respawning has been "bugged" for a while i am told, with servers having their caps increased to compensate for this.  I believe i have found the reason the number of spawn continue to go down until restarts.

From my current understanding of the spawn mechanic is as follows: 

We have a cap of creatures split between aggressive and netural, when a corpes decays, a new mob then spawns, this has been they way i have udnerstood it to be for years

Now a relativly "newer" mechanic in this fuction is the option to bury the corpse. This is where the problem is. as these corpses do not decay and are instead destroyed not triggering the respawn of a new creature.

replication can be done via:

I tracked the mobs numbers before and after each hunt via :https://cadence.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

I hutn via wagon, butcher and bury all corpes (often 2-3 loads (120-200 corpses), i do 2 trips a day if the hunting is good.
This week i have had more access to hunting due to a bridge connection, the mob count has gone down by 4k creatures.

I always bury creatures, including randoms i find.

Edited by Iliililill

Burying don´ßt effekt respawn and never have. We was testing this back in 2013 and think we found it help but we got confirmation that it don´t matter in a stream with Retro. So only reason for burying is tidy up and hope for coins.