Malena

Shimmering Sands Horse Market - M9, Melody

banner1.png

Welcome to Shimmering Sands! 

Shimmering Sands Citadel is a project to recreate the sandstone city seen in the Wurm trailer. It is mostly being built by KatsPurr/Malena/Saphireena, the Factional Fight brothers aka Gryphyth and Faeran and others in our alliance. The end result should look something like what you see in the above picture! This crazy dream will take years to build, but with each visit to the area, you will start to see it take shape more and more! We have recently started digging out the canals and will be adding bridges soon!

To fund this project and pay for the land, we sell horses, hell horses and gear at the Shimmering Sands Stables, just a hope and a skip away from the island itself. 

Horse Market Info

You can find us on the Northern Freedom Isle server of Melody at M9. Just a short distance away from the server border to Harmony and Cadence! We also have a trader for your convenience. 

ShimmeringSandsStablesBanner01.jpg

ShimmeringSandsStablesBanner02.jpg

ShimmeringSandsStablesMap.jpg

Good to know

• Horses will be between the ages of “young foal” (newborn) to “mature adult”. Once they reach the “aged” stage I will remove and retire them.
  • We never sell animals with negative traits.
  • Some horses might have additional positive traits. This has no effect on the price however.
  • The market is completely self-serve. Browse at your leisure. Once you’re ready to buy, simply purchase the matching key from the merchants.
  • No reservations / No home deliveries
  • Purchased horses must be retrieved from the stalls within one week of purchase. After that, horses will be put back up for sale. 
  • Prices may change depending on the market
  • Coming from another server? You can transport your horses across servers using a ship and creature cage. We have an off-deed loading dock. Location shown on the map.
  • Please be aware that if you purchase the key to a stall but decide to pick up a horse later (for instance in the case where you bought 10 horses but can only lead 4 at a time), do NOT take the key to another server, as it will change its “lock” by crossing servers. (at least this used to be the case)
  • Did you have a pleasant buying experience? Any kind words left in the forum post are much appreciated! *bows*
  • If you run into any troubles or have any questions, contact me through the game (Northern Isles): Saphireena, here on the Wurm forums: Malena or else through Discord: KatsPurr#8213

Click here to check the full listing of horses + prices

• Like 7

Stopped over from Cadence yesterday and picked up 4 horses. Easy process, even for a newbie like me (although I fumbled with my new creature cages a bit as I learned how to do this).

Thanks for providing this service - I hope you get some Hell Horses in soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynara said:

Stopped over from Cadence yesterday and picked up 4 horses. Easy process, even for a newbie like me (although I fumbled with my new creature cages a bit as I learned how to do this).

Thanks for providing this service - I hope you get some Hell Horses in soon!

Thank ye kindly for yer business Cynara! And I'm glad you were able to sort out the creature cages, they can be a bit confusing at first! 

As for hell horses, I've actually just put up a few 4-speed males up for sale. More to come soon!

30 minutes ago, Malena said:

Thank ye kindly for yer business Cynara! And I'm glad you were able to sort out the creature cages, they can be a bit confusing at first! 

As for hell horses, I've actually just put up a few 4-speed males up for sale. More to come soon!

Great - looking forward to my next voyage over to your deed. And please don't give up on your dream of breeding horses (yes, I listen to your streams) - stay the course and we will support you!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cynara said:

Great - looking forward to my next voyage over to your deed. And please don't give up on your dream of breeding horses (yes, I listen to your streams) - stay the course and we will support you!

Aw thank you!

Hear ye, hear ye! The Factional Fight brothers have opened up a merchant for selling horse goods such as saddles, horse shoes etc. You'll find their merchant inside the rendered workshop to the east. 

Also, we've updated our stock with some new horses and hell horses including some super fast 5-speeds! 

Check out the full listing of horses + prices

Folks we've now moved the horse market over to what will be the canal area of the kingdom city in the future and it now looks like this:

market.jpg

In addition, we're now selling horse supplies in the merchants found in the house above.

Some other good news is that one of our alliance members has loaned a gorgeous Molten hell horse stallion and we've been busy breeding him up with all our mares. So soon we'll have molten hell horses for sale for the very first time! (molten has a 2.5% speed bonus)

As usual, you can find the latest horse listings and prices here:

We've now added a new paddock where you'll sometimes find free horses! In fact, there is a grey 4-speed available there now. (first come, first serve)

In addition, we're finally starting to get some chestnut colored horses to sell. We've got a 4-speed chestnut available now. 

Welcome on over folks!

Today I stopped by and took the wonderful Dogdog home with me. Thanks!

bSBUOlG.png

• Like 2

Thanks again for the purchase Bat! I hope the little guy will serve you well!

Picked up a few babies tonight - they'll have a good home! Thanks Katspurr! ❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moxie said:

Picked up a few babies tonight - they'll have a good home! Thanks Katspurr! ❤️

Thank you for the purchase Moxie! And may your new horses serve you well! 

Hey everyone! We NOW HAVE 5-SPEED EBONY BLACKS! Woohoo! I've been waiting so very long to get to this point in the breeding process! 

Today as stocked the first breeding couple, they were sold within 7 minutes! So seems people really really want those ebony blacks. And no wonder! Not only are they the most elegant and mysterious horse color (the Black Stallion anyone?) but they also have 2.5% extra speed that no other horse color has!

So come and get'em!

Hello, I have bought horses from you many times. I bought 3 this time and one of the keys will not work. To pen number 85. I'm from CAD. So please get back to me asap so I can come back and get her. Thanks. Breezzy

Hey Breezzy! 

My deepest apologies that this happened! I'll send you a PM and get this sorted out for you ASAP, with compensation of course as well. Nothing worse than coming all the way over from Cadence to have this happen!!!

I do try to be very careful with the keys to make sure they work and regularly do a check with my non-citizen alt to check and make sure she can open all the gates, but looks like I missed this one this time. * blush *

Breezzy I believe you meant to put this message here instead of into our private messages, so I'll just add it here on your behalf. Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm glad that it all worked out in the end *smiles*. Thanks again for your business!

ThankYou.jpg

Just picked up horses 42-45. I look forward to seeing them frolic at my stables!

• Like 1