Sign in to follow this  
Sn00

Make Affinitys PvP only again.

Affinitys used to be limited to the PvP side of the game.

Make it so again ❤️

• Like 1

No, I regret I have to disagree with your suggestion.

An affinity is something that many players yearn to 'win' or seek to buy using the mark store.

Some players have used their recent Black Friday investments to buy many random affinities. Doing what you suggest would send a coach and horses through this great initiative.

• Like 1

Make them only on a new map on a new cluster not on WO WU or Steam but a new new client only accessible from a Sierra games CD from 1996.

Why though? As much as I am bothered by my ballistae affinity on a pve priest it might as well just be there. 

Now you know what would be cool? Some wunderwaffle ritual that allows storing and trading of affinites. Although probably unbalanced and not very fun in the end, not sure. But sure does sounds cool in my mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sn00 said:

Affinitys used to be limited to the PvP side of the game.

Make it so again 

Why?

Edited by SirMuttley

12 minutes ago, SirMuttley said:

Why?

Because it's not explained in the first post i am just going to assume it's because that noble reason "to save the pvp", like a damsel in dissres

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tor said:

Because it's not explained in the first post i am just going to assume it's because that noble reason "to save the pvp", like a damsel in dissres

I assumed that, since from what I can gather from forum posts pvp needs some type of special incentive to get people to play there. However, I thought I'd ask because there might be some new reasoning not yet expressed on the forum.

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

make it so only i get affinities

I second the motion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Locath said:

Make them PvE only, as they always should have been.

Yeah, this. And while you're at it, just eliminate PvP altogether. 95% of the bans over Wurm's history have probably been from PvP, and for sure 90% of the bitchin and moaning on the forums is from PvP'ers, yet they only make up what, like 15% of the Wurm population? Just put them all out of our misery.

• Like 3

Getting affinities from PvE is better for PvP because then people that get tons of kills can essentially harvest the talents of their victims. It's wonderful.

• Like 1

This will get shot down quicksmart, but selectable affinities would have been good, instead of random ones.  Pick at character creation, and then when you get an affinity you get to pick which it is.  

It would allow people to actually build their character in line with their intentions for the character.  

12 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

make it so only i get affinities

Make is so!  ;)

7 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

This will get shot down quicksmart, but selectable affinities would have been good, instead of random ones.  Pick at character creation, and then when you get an affinity you get to pick which it is.  

It would allow people to actually build their character in line with their intentions for the character.  

queue alts for crafting and fighting being even more prevalent 

1 hour ago, RainRain said:

queue alts for crafting and fighting being even more prevalent 

I keep forgetting about alts.  Wurm is the only game I have come across that instead of discouraging or even banning alts, almost requires them.  Almost...

On 11/27/2020 at 8:31 AM, TheTrickster said:

I keep forgetting about alts.  Wurm is the only game I have come across that instead of discouraging or even banning alts, almost requires them.  Almost...

I was the administrator or a GM in quite a few games, and we didn't persecute alts because it is virtually not possible and there is not much gain in it, especially in the time of VPNs. You have put a horde of GMs to enforce that and results are lamentable, plus drama when people e.g. on the same household or local network get banned.