Sign in to follow this  
Craft

Combat in PvE

Long time player yet fresh newb to all the WO changes that occured since WU came out.

I'm wondering what is best with PvE combat now.

1.) For example: I see we can jump on a cart during combat now. Does that mean that fighting from foot is better for Combat Rating and therefore in general now? Is there a difference in fighting from cart and wagon?

2.) Is a small shield better for PvP than a large shield? There used to be statements that the larger shields slowed the character's swing timers and didn't offer any advantage over a small shield. What's the argument for or against shields and the varying types?

3.) Is it safe to assume that the two-handed weapons are still best for uniques? I believe huge axe was the better two-hander choice for damage. Is that still the case?

4.) What's up with so many people using staffs now?

5.) Anything else I should know that I may be missing?

6.) I see they made some fantastic metal type properties. Is Silver the best standard metal type for weapons. Is there a situation where lead would be better than silver weapons? 

7.) Oh, one more... Are special moves and traps now viable in PvE? I see kill a creature with a catapult is a thing. Assuming that can be done in PvE?

Thanks for your time & input!

Edited by Craft