Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

New Character

Not sure if this is a place to post this, so i decided to try a different character this time at a first start. Yes another elf here, more of woodelf or wildelf roles. This time i wont be using the skills that the elf i am playing have interesting in, such as mining, farming, etc. She live out in the wilderness. After made her, did some cleanup in Haven's Landing, by the time she is ready to head out to find a suitable spot to deed. When Black Friday started, she bought 3x 1 year membership and i think i put like 200+ USD into this. I do want to support the game. Would keep me happy until the day i die.

So i looked at the Premium reward thingy, decided to grab all the affinities i can get, some good ones and some bad ones that doesnt suit this character role. So a totally of twenty hits...

1)Mind

2)Fletching (important for her role)

3)Ship Building

4)Axes

5)Miscellaneous Items

6)Stone Chisel (started out with)

7)Long Spear (important for her role)

8)Butchering Knife

9)Dairy Food Making (2x)

0)Butchering

1)Weapon Smithing (2x, important for her role)

2)Plate Armour Smithing

3)Jewelry Smithing

4)Large Wooden Shield (2x, i would be happy to use it, if i could have 1handed spear as a amazon :( )

5)Small Metal Shield

6)Medium Bow (important for her role)

7)Restoration (may get into it later on)

Also i think i got like 33 or 34 sleep powders too, this would keep her busy.

Edited by Wildelf
  • Like 2

Nice affinities. I am also happy from mine, except one - lock picking - if a skill is forbidden or disabled on some server it shouldn't ever be rolled. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

Nice affinities. I am also happy from mine, except one - lock picking - if a skill is forbidden or disabled on some server it shouldn't ever be rolled. 

Hi Platyna, yeah that skill isnt useful on Indy. I just wanted to try something new as a fresh start. Hmm not sure if you can even buy affinities, not really into pizzas.

There are other foods than just pizza ( if the fact that it's pizza is your issue ). You can get affinities through food ( temporarily ), using skills ( random roll similar to rare rolls ), the premium marks shop & there's a journal entry that gives you an affinity.

It *is* possible to get affinities through PvP on PvP servers, but it has changed a lot over the old system.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zethreal said:

There are other foods than just pizza ( if the fact that it's pizza is your issue ). You can get affinities through food ( temporarily ), using skills ( random roll similar to rare rolls ), the premium marks shop & there's a journal entry that gives you an affinity.

It *is* possible to get affinities through PvP on PvP servers, but it has changed a lot over the old system.

Hmm interesting, i havent gotten much into cooking just yet. Still trying to get my place setup and now Winter Season is just around the corner, stocking up on foods, etc. I will dip into this, not sure what this Dairy Food Making does, that 2x affinities there. I think that is cheese products.

Btw too bad you couldnt trade some of those useless affinities to something that you really needed the most.

58 minutes ago, Wildelf said:

I will dip into this, not sure what this Dairy Food Making does, that 2x affinities there. I think that is cheese products.

Dairy Food Making is making cheese, as you expected, and items long the lines of butter and cream.  Pretty much what you expected.

Cheese is nice, though, as it can go in a Food Storage Bin so it's not an issue to craft large quantities of it without any going to waste.

You can use different animal milks to create different varieties of cheese, too.

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Platyna said:

The skill isn't forbidden or disabled at a server. (You most likely mean PVE)

You can increase the skill by picking locks of boats and chests you own.

Also a LOT of Chaos players live at a PvE server and the use of lockpicking is allowed at Chaos.

Therefore having it in the list when your affinity is rolled makes sense.

The fact  that it's almost useless at PvE is something else, though.

Thorin :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

The skill isn't forbidden or disabled at a server. (You most likely mean PVE)

You can increase the skill by picking locks of boats and chests you own.

Also a LOT of Chaos players live at a PvE server and the use of lockpicking is allowed at Chaos.

Therefore having it in the list when your affinity is rolled makes sense.

The fact  that it's almost useless at PvE is something else, though.

Thorin :) 

Yeah incase someday you might wanna go over there and do something different, its possible.