Sign in to follow this  
Aaron_IRL

Dredging - Level not working (no error messages)

I am currently working on a dredging project and the level command is available but not working.  When I click on level nothing happens and no error message is given.  I have tried this in a knarr and rowboat.  At least if there was an error message I would know how to adjust.  I am currently working at around 20 -25 dirt deep.

Before I get the same stupid replies as I got in CA Help from the peanut gallery, yes I am on a flat tile trying to level the surrounding adjacent tiles. 🙄

Being one of the peanuts, here's one question that wasn't asked in CA-help:

have you tried doing the action while swimming?

Thorin the Peanut :)

Just a nut here, no peas.

One occasion I know of a no-warning dredge situation, is when you try to level a tile that's not entirely under water (-8 slopes). It other words, if a corner of a tile can be dug with a shovel, then try leveling it with a shovel.

Even if the tile you are swimming on is 100 below water, yes.

Otherwise, a screenshot might be handy here.

Good luck cracking!

Ladies and gentlemen we may have a wiener here.  I'll confirm in a few and get back to you. :P

Okay, now we know what error message needs to be created.  Upon depth check, if any corner is at shovel depth, you should get some message that says the opposite of, "[14:08:51] You need a dredge to do that at that depth."   Like, "One or more corners require a shovel."

Good catch Shmeric.

Thank you for letting us know, will forward it to the team.

After doing some research I would say it might not be a server bug but a client bug. Levelling while dredging is possible but limited, for example it doesn't on tile border (this is properly handled) and levelling down is possible only when dredging while embarked on a boat - this gives no error message when you stand on a template tile and just starts the timer and then exits with no message when swimming over it. Probably other scenarios such as too low skill are also not handled properly. I made a video illustrating this issue better here: https://streamable.com/uqkpfs

Can a developer post some info if this is going to be hot fixed in the nearest future or not? Because I am planning a dredging tutorial, now I don't know if to wait or not. 

* Platyna throws some peanuts at @Aaron_IRL.

Edited by Platyna