Sign in to follow this  
AceRifle

(NFI) Sponsorship

Hey everyone it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, but I thought it would be a good time with the ongoing sale.

I'm looking to sponsor two people who are interested in PVP, playing on NFI, Defiance in the Kingdom of Jenn Kellon. I would like someone who is mature and is active at least a few hours a day. My main focus is on finding someone interested in crafting and PVP. 

I’m also open to sponsoring a group of up to 6 people.

I’ll be paying for your premium in silver. You’ll get 2 months of prem. All I ask is that you stay with me for the first month. After the first month if you would like to join another kingdom or make your own village you’re free to do so.

Building and crafting is a major part of the game even on PVP. By sponsoring I would like to encourage more players from PvE to come try out PVP.

My past sponsorships have worked out pretty well. People who thought they wouldn’t like the Pvp community ended up liking it a lot.

New payers, freedom veterans, NA and EU can take me up on this offer just send me a PM.

• Like 8

Bump for a great Idea, I have also seen this same post before from AceRifle and from what I can recall did work out quite well.. I 100% agree that when most people that think wont like pvp they end up loving it when they actually try it. A player in one of the last villages I was a member of is a prime example of that very situation, and I believe he has not left since he jumped over. 

• Like 1

What a great and generous offer.  This is a win-win for any who would take Ace up on his offer. I agree with the idea that more people would find that they enjoy playing on a pvp server if they would give it a try. 

I'm sure you'll receive tons of applications, so my chances are slim to none, but since trying PVP was something I somehow wished since day one, I decided to also throw my name in the hat and sent an application.

Edited by Bloodreina

7 hours ago, Bloodreina said:

trying PVP was something I somehow wished since day one,

you dare that since you play with permadeath?

or you change playstyle?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maiya said:

you dare that since you play with permadeath?

or you change playstyle?

No, I haven't changed my playstyle and it is clearly mentioned in my application that I don't want to take part in PVP combat (not even defending the deed), but I only want to be a support character, living entirely behind the front lines. :)

Despite that, I still have a strong attraction towards PVP servers because there you feel like you actions actually matter and serve a greater goal, not only represent mindless grinding. Buildings, walls and even dirt walls actually serve a purpose. Horses die and need to be replaced, while weapons and armors are lost and need to be replaced too.

Also, maybe I'm a bit naive here, but I think that on the PVP servers there's a stronger sense of camaraderie, because everyone works for the same goal, while on the PVE servers many times things got reduced to an ego contest - everyone wanting to have the highest skills, the largest deed, the biggest castle, just so they can brag with them. Obviously I don't say that's the case with everyone and I was blessed to meet awesome people (like you) here on Melody, but still, at the end of the day, it's pretty much every man for himself. I hope on the PVP server things are different.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Bloodreina said:

No, I haven't changed my playstyle and it is clearly mentioned in my application that I don't want to take part in PVP combat (not even defending the deed), but I only want to be a support character, living entirely behind the front lines. :)

Despite that, I still have a strong attraction towards PVP servers because there you feel like you actions actually matter and serve a greater goal, not only represent mindless grinding. Buildings, walls and even dirt walls actually serve a purpose. Horses die and need to be replaced, while weapons and armors are lost and need to be replaced too.

Also, maybe I'm a bit naive here, but I think that on the PVP servers there's a stronger sense of camaraderie, because everyone works for the same goal, while on the PVE servers many times things got reduced to an ego contest - everyone wanting to have the highest skills, the largest deed, the biggest castle, just so they can brag with them. Obviously I don't say that's the case with everyone and I was blessed to meet awesome people (like you) here on Melody, but still, at the end of the day, it's pretty much every man for himself. I hope on the PVP server things are different.

Well you could change your playstyle :)

Since its difrents server you could skip permadeath, when you on PvP server, so you can take part in it all. Its all up to you :)

A great initiative I'm looking forward to seeing the result(s) of.

After a second thought, I decided to withdraw my application. I really wanted this, not mostly for the sponsorship, but for the chance to experiment a new game mode, but it's clear that there wasn't the same level of interest from the other side, so I think is best to quit myself if I see I'm not wanted. Best of luck to the rest of applicants! Have fun on the PVP server!

2 hours ago, Bloodreina said:

After a second thought, I decided to withdraw my application. I really wanted this, not mostly for the sponsorship, but for the chance to experiment a new game mode, but it's clear that there wasn't the same level of interest from the other side, so I think is best to quit myself if I see I'm not wanted. Best of luck to the rest of applicants! Have fun on the PVP server!

It's unfortunate you feel this Way. Bad timing on my part. I’ve been busy traveling for work and tomorrow is Thanksgiving so I won’t be on. I did mention in PMs that I would have time to sort you out on Friday. The same thing I told to one of the other applicants.

That being said this outcome is probably best for both parties. Sorry I wasn't able to sort you out sooner. 

Happy Holidays.

4 hours ago, Bloodreina said:

Well nothing stops you from tp over and test out PvP. But guess you should join a kingdome before you go there :)