Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

[No Bug] 1 year packet of premium is not exactly one year

So, my premium was going to expire on november 26th iirc, i bought year of premium on discount today, and expected it to be until 26th next year, or at very least 23th next year, instead i got this:

[09:10:14] You have premium time until 21 Nov 2021 15:52:01 GMT

How the hell this works?

I really am not bitching that much over couple days of premium expecialy at this price, but would someone care to explain how this works.

P.S. Have no idea are everything with marks ok because i dont remember how much i had before purchase...

Edited by kochinac

I assume this is due to a "month" of premium is 30 days. Did you check if it adds up with 30 x 12?

Someone correct me if im wrong on the 30 days theory please.

If youre inactive on a freemium (basic) account for "3 months", it gets deleted. This is infact 90 days (3 x 30), and not 3 actual months.

Edited by Nordlys

1 hour ago, Nordlys said:

I assume this is due to a "month" of premium is 30 days. Did you check if it adds up with 30 x 12?

Someone correct me if im wrong on the 30 days theory please.

If youre inactive on a freemium (basic) account for "3 months", it gets deleted. This is infact 90 days (3 x 30), and not 3 actual months.

I did some math and yeah i think you are right, there are 5 extra months with 31 day, february compensate only for 2 months and thats exactly 5 days lost. Good thinking.

I am on edge about complaning about this lol, i might maybe understand practicality(personaly i would use they are more natural to user dates instead of adding 30 days flat)  it's not a big deal but its itching me as it kinda leave bad taste in mouth, somehow you are under impresion that you buy 1 year package and not 12x30 package, but oh well

Many game companies do 30 day months. Coding is easier when everything is the same each month.

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

Many game companies do 30 day months. Coding is easier when everything is the same each month.

It's not exactly rocket science to add 1 year to date and update it in database... so easier coding is pretty lame excuse.

Now i haven't done Java since college i'm mostly C# guy but i reckon its similar in Java:

var dateMyPremiumExpires;
        var dateAfterIBuy1m = dateMyPremiumExpires.AddMonths(1);
        var dateAfterIBuy6m = dateMyPremiumExpires.AddMonths(6);
        var dateAfterIBuy12m = dateMyPremiumExpires.AddMonths(12);

I dont see absolutly anything harder about those lines of codes compared to adding 30 days, 12x30 days etc.

And which is the point of all my rant its more customer friendly.

Or am I missing something very big and obvious? Are calculations done directly on database(mySql was it?) and not in Java server code?

That would be because you're purchasing 12 months, not 1 year. 

As per the store page, 1 month is calculated as 30 days, so you're buying 12 x 30 days. 

sAdXlNC.png

ZBPJ10P.png

It won't link up with a calendar year as that is not how the time calculations are organised. 

It would also mean buying premium in February would cause you to lose out on 2-3 days 

• Like 1