Sign in to follow this  
Nekojin

A question about the Yaga community maps...

I want to input a Highway to one of the maps, but trying to make estimates and approximations is driving me buggy. Do the Yaga coordinates have a 1:1 relation with actual ground tiles on the map? Or some other reliable ratio?

Every tile has a coord. Just enlarge the map and check some tiles that are easily identifiable in game too (like a peat or tar patch), you can easily count tiles too by just hovering the mouse and substract the coord of the endpoints.

Makes super easy to plan out tunnels for example.

EDIT: valid for old servers - where there are proper map dumps. North servers still lack the detailed maps.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

As Jaz said, the coordinates used are tile maps. Please check this post to read the full explanation of the coordinate system: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/168376-deliverance-community-map/ 

The community maps used by our map engine are based on the official map dumps for the old servers. Each pixel on those map dumps corresponds to one ground tile in game. For the new servers no map dumps exist yet, so the (much less accurate) ingame maps are being used for now. Thus, for the new servers, it will be much more difficult to pick the proper coordinates for highways and such - even more so as those ingame maps are "pseudo-3D" isometric maps, not really suitable for precise coordinate mapping. For that reason, the map managers are reluctant to add highways to the new server maps, as long as no map dump is available.

If you are on one of the new servers, I suggest to wait for the official map dumps to be released.

• Like 1

Where is the petition for every server to have a Yaga variant? I appreciate all the map makers and maintainers but I really do wish every server had a Yaga map version.

• Like 4