Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

Sup lads

Yoooo lads, ur favorite carebear here.

So this game released on steam huh? What happened to my old clusters? Whats new and how are things looking?

If someone can give me small summary that would be great.

Lots of love,

Loren

• Like 1

Old cluster is fine (but separated from new one, we have NFI and SFI now), jump in and enjoy. 😉 

same story as always

tl;dr the launch happened, pretty bumpy for a while, lots of content held back. player infusion was good, both pvp and pve were doing really well

atrophy kicked in and the pop spike went down. the first big 'patch' we got was really just re-enabling valrei missions with basically no changes to them. subtle hints at combat overhaul and 'exploration' updates that will probably be here late 2021 if we're lucky
new cluster is hemorrhaging players, old cluster is stable and just as dead as it has always been

minor pvp updates that haven't resulted in much. the only good new thing that's been released is a change to how sacrifice works (allowing an 'overflow' pool so to speak above your max favor), but that was made as a result of complaints because they made linking to grind channeling next to useless

halloween event was okay i guess? some new models which were kind of cute were introduced that replaced the normal models for some mobs and a few cosmetics were dropped by mobs

and thats about it lol, lots of drama aside

• Like 3

Old cluster characters convertible to new cluster?

Thanks for answering btw guys ^.^

1 minute ago, LorenaMontana said:

Old cluster characters convertible to new cluster?

Nope; 100% new characters only.

• Like 1

Welcome back, Lorena. Yep... an entire new cluster is there for the taking. But many of us stayed on the old clusters. They are home. :)

Many people have characters on both the new and the old clusters now. Although for the life of me, I don't know how they manage. I can barely keep up with just Valdor!

• Like 1

On the PVP side of things, I feel it just made more sense with it being a new start for everyone and with the fairly positive changes that were implemented it seemed appealing... However pop is already dying which is a bummer and its pretty clear the team does not have good ideas on how to bring and keep a healthy pvp population, I feel that they missed out on many many opportunities with this launch if they would have used a bit more brain power.  

Defiance is separated with no items crossing to or from other servers, which is a good thing to an extent... there is 0 economy, so the whole game is just group play and survival. Again IMO so much missed opportunity. But at the very least the gap isnt crazy big like on the old servers.

Depends how long ago you played. They did a UI update that half hate, half love. They added some quality of life stuff. PVP is PVP, i'm told its better and move lively now. As most answered new servers, new character only. The game is essentially the same as its always been, music needs to be updated, Sprites and animation are in need of major overhaul, They are attempting to combine accounts to be under 1 roof instead of 50 logins(no specific details on actually functionality). They did release a umm projected timeline of intended projects, so there's that?  The economy of the game is headed back down to old server prices, which  encourage 0 new players to stick around.  I think that about covers it, so if your like the rest of us you'll be back soon enough...oh and sale on prem RN as well.