Sign in to follow this  
richtje

farming title genderrole ?

im 100 in farming and got the title pumpkin king, but im a female, then maybe there should be the title  pumpkin queen instead

• Like 9

its like in fighting area there is the 90 skill on gender male/female = Knight/Amazon, so i think this should be a easy fix for u coders ^^ but look over whole title area so u can have it gender fixed so anyhow take care have a good weekend and stay safe 😃

• Like 2

I agree we need  the correct gender for the title. If they gave all female titles to men it would have been corrected  years ago.

• Like 7

I also play female and I grinded to 100 farming for the Pumpkin King title (Nightmare before Christmas nerd) and would not be too happy if it was changed to Queen and I lost what I had worked on for years

regardless, grats on the 100 :D 

Edited by Ehizellbob
  • Like 1

would it maybe be possible to award every player all the tiles for relevant skill levels, so then players simply have a choice of what title they'd like to use? 

Not for nothing, but creating female-equivalents of gendered titles, only solves the underlying issue for players who identify as a binary gender. It does relatively little for Wurmians who might be agender, genderqueer, nonbinary, or simply sometimes want to be "Pumpkin King" bc we like a certain movie and sometimes want to be a "Norn" bc that's just awesome. 

Choices & Options! Yay!

• Like 3

Just don't go creating gender differentiations in titles where there are none in reality.  Women can husband and men can be midwives.  Manager and chairman are gender neutral as is "man" generally in sport.  "Queen for a day" is granted to men as well as women, and Egypt had at least one woman who was king.

Apart from that, where there is a difference, award two and let the player pick .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

As ehizellbob said, the title isn't pumpkin royalty, but a reference to the pumpkin king

https://the-nightmare-before-christmas.fandom.com/wiki/Pumpkin_King

This is why there's no gender option for it, it's not gender specific, but specific to a character. 

But look here its still about gender if u look at it. i understand where title is coming from but still.

wd1v2Bc.jpeg

i understand still what ur saying here about gender role but, KIng is refereed as male on throne, Queen is the one thats refereed as female. So i dont know here its still under discussion i think. Atleast she brings this up and this is a thing that can be discussed, perhaps 100 titles should has the chance to choose both areas, so all is happy, but ppl need to talk about this to get it cleared out atleast, dont put this aside pls. 

• Like 1

a pumpkin queen is related to beauty pageants, seems kinda sexist that males would get a reference to a movie character whereas females get a beauty pageant title, but i don't really care either way 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

Perhaps first female at farming 100 should get a option to make a title, but its up to discussion so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trevize said:

Hey Richtje, congrats, and welcome to the club! :)

i have it for a long time now, but i dont like the title for female char

but any way ty trevize

Perhaps there should be a profile option to enable each player to chose between masculine and feminine titles as a whole. There are several gender specific titles many of the weapon titles such as axeman/woman as well as Repairman/woman. As well as the miscellaneous titles which personally make me cringe - Handyman/woman & Tim the Toolman/woman. 

I'd love to be able to have a choice in titles like I suggested here. Perhaps something like this addition to the game could see in the option to chose which meditation path title, or sorcery title to show too which have been suggested many times before now.

Edited by Ehizellbob
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Just don't go creating gender differentiations in titles where there are none in reality.  Women can husband and men can be midwives.  Manager and chairman are gender neutral as is "man" generally in sport.  "Queen for a day" is granted to men as well as women, and Egypt had at least one woman who was king.

Apart from that, where there is a difference, award two and let the player pick .

YES YES YES
Everytime I see "Tim the Toolwoman" I cringe.  (Note: If Pumpkin King is a gender neutral title bc it is a reference to a specific character... PLEASE remove the "Toolwoman" aspect of this title - as this is also a reference to a specific character, and therefore gender neutral)

• Like 3

The answer is simple: When someone hits a title unlock skill level, give them all versions of the title that exist, and let them use them (or not) as they see fit. If someone wants to use it to be, say, "Amazon Knight," who cares?

More options = better. One person's preferences cannot, and should not, force everyone to conform to that person's preferences and ideals.

Edited by Nekojin
  • Like 5

On 11/21/2020 at 5:04 PM, Ehizellbob said:

Perhaps there should be a profile option to enable each player to chose between masculine and feminine titles as a whole. There are several gender specific titles many of the weapon titles such as axeman/woman as well as Repairman/woman. As well as the miscellaneous titles which personally make me cringe - Handyman/woman & Tim the Toolman/woman. 

I'd love to be able to have a choice in titles like I suggested here. Perhaps something like this addition to the game could see in the option to chose which meditation path title, or sorcery title to show too which have been suggested many times before now.

+1 there 😃 as i say ppl need to talk about things to get out some good ideas, takes a while but it so worth it.

[02:04:04] You are currently using the titles [Longbowman] [Fisherwoman].

fight me

best decision is what was said, let people decide what gender of title they want. some of them barely make sense as to why they're split (Devout/Mystic for faith, etc)

also add Der Metzgermeister back to butchering it was a sick ass title

Edited by RainRain
  • Like 1

I don't identify as male or female and i am so upset at these suggestions...

lets make it Pumpkin Person! 

• Like 1