Sign in to follow this  
strawberrieluvsu

horse died of starvation on enchanted grass tile

The last time I was on (1-2) days ago, both my horses, hitched to my cart were alive and healthy (no disease). When I logged on today, one of them had died of starvation.

https://imgur.com/a/UAF8r4V

Im not sure how a horse could have died of starvation when it had an unlimited food source. I did see another thread where a horse can become diseased while hitched and if that were the case, it would not say "starvation".

Is there a possibility that the horse had this trait ?

It has been corrupted. Grazes on mycelium instead of grass 

I wasn't even aware creatures actually say how they died now, is that a WO thing? if so this is the wrong section of forum and you might have more luck in the WO section.

13 hours ago, strawberrieluvsu said:

The last time I was on (1-2) days ago, both my horses, hitched to my cart were alive and healthy (no disease). When I logged on today, one of them had died of starvation.

https://imgur.com/a/UAF8r4V

Im not sure how a horse could have died of starvation when it had an unlimited food source. I did see another thread where a horse can become diseased while hitched and if that were the case, it would not say "starvation".

We've been finding this for awhile now.  It always involves multiple creatures hitched to the same hitching post, in our experience.  One thrives, the other starves, regardless of whether they're on grass, crops, or enchanted grass.

I noticed that there is a bug, that horse suddenly stop moving and it can die even if there are other grass tiles in a pen, also, diseased horses stop eating and can die even on enchanted grass, but I never had a problem with healthy horses dying on hitching posts. 

Moved to server bugs.  We are looking into some animal positioning stuff that may be related to this.

This happened to me during the past few days.

I had a pair of hitched horses on-deed, on grass tiles in an unfenced area. This was my normal parking place for this pair and they have always been 'fat'.

On the day that the horse died, the body signified 'starvation' whilst the other was still fat.

In view of what Pandalet has just written (could be completely wrong here) I am adding additional information that may hopefully be relevant.

The pair were parked up adjacent to slab tiles but totally on grass themselves. The inner horse was fine, the outer (next to slabs) horse dies of starvation.

Could it be that the game 'sees' the horses a certain distance off-line and so the horse next to the slabs was 'seen' as being on rock and so therefore was able to die of starvation whilst the other was still on-grass and so fine?

Hope I am not writing a load of rubbish but anyways good luck with your research into the animal positioning idea.

Something similar happened to me today.
Animals were penned. 1x1 pen, enchanted grass tile, animal was alone in the pen. Today I found 1 bison and 1 horse dead.
If it helps: Both were pregnant females. But the cause of death was starvation.

They were not corrupted by mycelium.

They were not hitched anywhere (hitching post, vehicle).

I opened a ticket where I gave details (horses names, location, screenshots). GM told me to post here.

Edit: 2 weeks ago I had found another female dead. This time the pen tile was grass, but it was of medium (at least) height so horse could had eaten if it wanted to. It would not.

Edited by Autir