Sign in to follow this  
warrior

Complete Dragon overhaul

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

Numerous times it was confirmed that they spawn on generally same spots,

my map of where past uniques spawned disagrees with that quite heavily, but keep deluding yourself. the more people misinformed about uniques and thinking they're impossible to find, the easier the "groups" have it lol, don't let them win by being a depressed teenager on the forums

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

Relatively same rate of priv/pub uniques remained, same teams doing same things, same posts on forums, same thing explained over and over, until people started confirming it and posting locations just to 'give other equal chance', like the game should be stalking that 1 farm tile

i mean if one group hunts and the other sits on deed and crys about uniques being unfair ofc one group is gonna keep finding them after the change

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

my map of where past uniques spawned disagrees with that quite heavily, but keep deluding yourself. the more people misinformed about uniques and thinking they're impossible to find, the easier the "groups" have it lol, don't let them win by being a depressed teenager on the forums

i mean if one group hunts and the other sits on deed and crys about uniques being unfair ofc one group is gonna keep finding them after the change

Don't be sad obi, it seems these kind of threads are touching a spot, I'm sure you'll manage to pay your rent if the game improves and provides something to do for everybody instead of the current model.

I'm sure the few code features you ab-use to monetize your time in the game aren't your main source of income, so why do you get so serious about it, it's just a game, players want to have fun.

If you look at the online player count and at the public 'slaying' events, you'll notice that there's a lot of interest, seems like a lot more than the usual logged players come to the events.

It seems there's a big lack of such to drive all these alts to visit and stock on imbues and 0.005 hide or scale.

If it's a problem that playing 10 years with such events wont give you an armor, well that's another issue to be redefined later on.

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

it seems these kind of threads are touching a spot

You seem to be in every single one of them complaining about it *shrug*

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

it's just a game, players want to have fun.

Fun is subjective, some people might have fun going to a slaying with 300 alts and not actually getting on the kill tab because the server froze and by the time it was working again the unique was dead, some people enjoy hunting them and killing them in a small group to push their skills and gear to the limit and actually have a reason to grind fighting skills and get mm weapons/high ql armor and such on pve. different strokes for different folks

9 minutes ago, Finnn said:

If you look at the online player count and at the public 'slaying' events, you'll notice that there's a lot of interest, seems like a lot more than the usual logged players come to the events.

It seems there's a big lack of such to drive all these alts to visit and stock on imbues and 0.005 hide or scale.

5 alts per person inflates the online count quite a bit yeah. Even when i was *actually* hunting uniques and making every single humanoid public there'd still be hundreds of alts in local even when nearly every single one was found by me and public, it's not for lack of accessibility i can tell you that much. There's been dozens of public slayings this year so idk why you seem to think they're something that you can't get because I'm always seeing a bunch of them on the forums.

You need to work on your personal attacks and grudges, i barely even search for uniques anymore, super outdated. Get with the times lol

• Like 2

Pretty sure I've missed at least 2, maybe 3.. unsure if person or post idea that made me skip 3rd thread entirely, so no.. I'm definitely not in all of them, you got your homework wrong about that, plus that's just the latest posts.. through the years there are plenty of post before the ones I've mentioned, stuff's broken for so long.. and I'm far from making a fuss about it, I can't remember making a post about this.. I was going to .. but what's the point with 99% of suggestions or townsquare-issues being overlooked?

Meh.. anybody with 90+ shield skill and mediocre def stance, hq shield can do some wonders, if you can't a healer around will do the wonders when needed.. am I right or am I right. Fighting is not exactly well tested.. and challenges are lacking for different groups of people wanting to try something tougher as they progress.. these crying for challenges seem to be in scale 90+ ql, enchanted and using some 'top notch' gear for what reason.. you'll only find a bit of a challenge with events on chaos or uniques.. but not really if you have the shield gains on pve.. so.. why do you even try to bamboozle anybody.. it's about the money.

It's hilarious how you keep posting in the thread for a title for hosting uniques.. and nobody gives you credit, wonder why? You were tossing sand in people's eyes hosting humanoids.. and no dragons(to not get bad fame you hosted what 1-2 dragons near end of last goals system as people needed to get the title for the goals/'old journal', and than kept private anything other).. why.. money.. money money.. and you keep changing the topic when we talk about the money.. or improving uniques or that they spawn on generally same places 'on a timer', we can check a few of the threads and see your posts and when you show up.. it's always the same.. Guess what, what I've written was backed by others.. what you say is just you.. or mad jumps to save you(or somebody in your team, NO wonder), but since you're in a 'team' together doing same stuff for the coin, how can one believe a word(people just don't know all names from the team).

Yea.. it was awkward seeing that pristine server to freeze for a minute~ on saturday, but unique barely had under 10% damage if not only 5% taken, maybe you need a better potato as it was FAR from killed when server returned.. from that 'pause' mode.

23 minutes ago, Finnn said:

it's about the money

23 minutes ago, Finnn said:

You were tossing sand in people's eyes hosting humanoids.. and no dragons

35 minutes ago, Finnn said:

these crying for challenges seem to be in scale 90+ ql, enchanted and using some 'top notch' gear for what reason.. you'll only find a bit of a challenge with events on chaos or uniques

ok so you don't care about killing uniques for fun you just care about killing dragons ie the thing that gives you more money because you don't need the scale for pve because it removes it of any challenge

said the quiet part out loud there chief, even though i hosted well over a dozen dragon/hatchling slayings well before personal goals ended until i got sick of people griefing the slaying sites and bringing knarrs of alts and decided it was easier to just kill them privately

i shouldn't have to explain why the event master event master event master title was a joke but okay you're slow

24 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Guess what, what I've written was backed by others.. what you say is just you

Backed by others who want to mislead you so they have an easier time finding uniques 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

i'm really not sure why you're still going with the scapegoat of "oblivion is the super unique hunter that finds them all to pay his rent" or whatever that mindless drivel is, you can look up on niarja that i've been to like, 2 private slayings in the last 3 months lmao. my "team" is like 4 people that i have on discord so i don't have to log in 15 accounts to solo a dragon and none of us actually go out hunting for uniques more than once a month. We're quite literally a bunch of geriatrics sitting on the porch yelling at you about how you don't know how to find uniques and only go to slayings if we can get summoned to them/our caregivers can drive us there. Feel free to continue making hilarious posts for everyone's entertainment though, comedy gold from the guy who can't tell "event master event master event master title" is a joke

• Like 2

Yeah, I can tell you what needs a complete rework - someone's attitude. It takes an enormous effort of mine and at least 6 other players, driving around every SFI Island to spot these uniques. We've spend last few months doing basically nothing but that. What did you do towards finding & slaying one? I feel fully credited to kill it with my private group as it takes tens, hundrets even, manhours to find. Go gather your friends and start stralling around endless woods and what not, coordinate it so you get a good coverage of the map and hope for the best. Resting on your cheeks won't bring you anything. Oh, and don't forget, these commie solutions you came up with are nothing but sophisticated ways to parasitize on other's work. Cheers!

Edited by Standardowy
  • Like 2

see its our fault we dont go looking for the dragon and organising everything .so we deserve what we been getting nothing. to fix this issue put a few dragons at rifts after the wm is killed but u dont no if it will appear or not (random) this will force more people to rifts force the killing of the wm to see , and solves alot of the probs around this dragon slaying issue

6 hours ago, Standardowy said:

Yeah, I can tell you what needs a complete rework - someone's attitude. It takes an enormous effort of mine and at least 6 other players, driving around every SFI Island to spot these uniques. We've spend last few months doing basically nothing but that. What did you do towards finding & slaying one? I feel fully credited to kill it with my private group as it takes tens, hundrets even, manhours to find. Go gather your friends and start stralling around endless woods and what not, coordinate it so you get a good coverage of the map and hope for the best. Resting on your cheeks won't bring you anything. Oh, and don't forget, these commie solutions you came up with are nothing but sophisticated ways to parasitize on other's work. Cheers!

Pretty much the whole point. A whole lot of time wasted and only a handful of players get the actual content. I get that my solution isn't perfect, all I want is more content for all players, seems crazy that one of the coolest pieces of content in dragons is something that most players will only experience once or twice a year, if that.

Wurm needs more content to keep players interested in the game, why not fix one of the pieces of content we already have rather than trying to create something new.

I just don't see how the current system is good, I get it, you absolutely deserve the unique, a lot of effort goes into that with the current system. But it doesn't have to be that way. I think of it like world bosses in other games, it's an event that nobody misses and it's a lot of fun getting everyone together, it also gives players a reason to login.

Also thought this thread died.. lol

• Like 1

I can say two things, and one final one.

I am absolutely opposed to any change making skale and drake armour trivial. They are neither unaffordable nor unaccessible nowadays. Even if one attends public slayings regularly, one may eventually be able to get one. Or at least has to buy only some remaining 1kg or bit more or less if impatient.

Further on, I am against trivializing or crippling public slayings. There are two types: Organized slayings with penning and long preparation, and ad hoc slayings where just everybody on the cluster runs or sails by. Both are fun. One of the most exciting things for me as still kind of noob was participating in penning a dragon (even surviving as a bait) and organizing a public slaying. I would hate to have such events turned in a gated chore - as much as I love, other than many,  still rift combat.

Finally, leave the fun to the private hunter teams. They spend a lot of time, and hold tight teams of friends for their endeavour. And with the demise of RMT there is not even the complaint left that they earn RL money. Maybe some day, when less busy with grind and chores, I might choose to join or found such a team. There are damn enough uniques on all our 8 (or 9 with Chaos) servers for all of us.

• Like 1