Sign in to follow this  
preach2me

Rites to give overcap bonus

Rites should add +5 hours to sleep bonus no matter how much you have.

Why?

Rites are global, nobody has any control over when other will cast it, soemtimes people try plan this and try make it easier for others but often it is sniped and people lsoe out. leaving bad blood with members of the community but with many players losing out on valuable sleep bonus.

Often if these events are planned to happen it is to help people have time to ge ready to recieve a fresh 5 hours sb, burning their old sleep bonus in adavance. This often communicated between players on the forums with no real ingame method to view this, often over looked or ingored by a large portion of the community. It seems only logical to removed any of the ill effects of sniping, busy life styles or simply no meta(forums) gaming desires.

So yeah rites should add 5 hours sb to your sleep bonus not refresh it to 5 hours.

I myself was caught recently unawares by this cast today, when i was chain praying and it was cast as my pray finished. i lost 3 hours of potential sb(i had not had time to burn the 3 hours).

Edited by preach2me
updated
  • Like 1

Sailing from server to server could give you 10s-100s of hours of SB if this was implemented. No person would ever sleep anymore.

I don't like the concept of that - it will undervalue beds and sleep powder, SP already being an established currency in the games economy. 

+1

While there was a forum post for it, the time left to use up any SB was pretty much non existent, at least for EU people.

It was announced last night where most EU timezone people were asleep already then you have work and when people get home from work they were slapped with the rite.

People asking for a delay were pretty much ignored.

Usually people who plan a rite give at least 2 days of headroom but this time it was not the case.

Now people either can not do their daily prayers and have to stress using up their sleep bonus within the given timeframe as well.

What maybe seems easy for the one is quite the hassle and stress for others (specially for those of us with a job and it is the start of the work week on top of it this time around).

Alternatively extend the limit to gain the SB after a done cast and seperate it from the daily prayers, use a new toggle on the Altar menu to get the rite bonus within 48 hours maybe.

+1 if they gonna remove the cap on everything else, missions, sleeping, sleep powders. Otherwise  -1

Harmony 13d ago
Melody 45d ago
Defiance 63d ago
Cadence 0d, 2.82h ago

If you havnt manage to use up your sb on these 13 days since last RoS was cast then I dont think it matter when next is cast

2 hours ago, preach2me said:

I myself was caught recently unawares by this cast today, when i was chain praying and it was cast as my pray finished. i lost 3 hours of potential sb(i had not had time to burn the 3 hours).

19 minutes ago, Maiya said:

Harmony 13d ago
Melody 45d ago
Defiance 63d ago
Cadence 0d, 2.82h ago

If you havnt manage to use up your sb on these 13 days since last RoS was cast then I dont think it matter when next is cast

so saving up sleep bonis to do focus grinding days is designed to be punishable?

19 minutes ago, Maiya said:

I am interested in how missing out on a Rite is considered punishable? Rights aren't privileges - they're great when they happen but they aren't some Wurm based event that has everyone's convenience in mind. 

14 hours ago, neopherus said:

Sailing from server to server could give you 10s-100s of hours of SB if this was implemented. No person would ever sleep anymore.

this change doesn't increase the amount of sb given? disliking a change is fine but that's not even a sensical reason, if making something accessible to more people makes it as broken as you're making it out to be that just means the base mechanic is broken for the few who can properly utilize it.

• Like 1

I miss a ton of the SB from rites - but still enjoy the characteristics gain. Surely an unpopular view but I feel it is already too easy to gain SB.

5 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

this change doesn't increase the amount of sb given? disliking a change is fine but that's not even a sensical reason, if making something accessible to more people makes it as broken as you're making it out to be that just means the base mechanic is broken for the few who can properly utilize it.

true...

recently I had ~4h and 50min sb and gone to get cele ros for just 1h 10min.. missed on other 3h 50min from the 5hours, "BAN" everybody who was able to get full 5hours of sb from the rite.. 😀 

Can't stress or give a f.. about it.. since it's dumb and wont be made in a better way which makes sense and is more flexible.. it's just NOT a priority, pointless to raise it as issue as usual.

Same thing goes for all server missions, there should be personal missions.. even if capped at some small amount for the day/week/month, might be much more useful than the shared, if somebody's busy etc and capped on sb.. can't participate and gain sb in the chain of easy missions, once the player is again able to play.. it's capped on sb.. and the rough/crazy amount of effort missions spawn.. these nobody does.., maybe some are familiar with this case.

Perhaps when there's less server migration lag. Although the server migration lag could be seen as a good indicator that a global has been cast. I imagine a lot of players would flock to one server all at once to pray.