Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

What is essential for you on long trips from home?

What do you absolutely have to pack? Please share. (Particularly if you like to go exploring on horseback.)

I pretty much carry everything every tool i could need all the time cause im too lazy to drop stuff. Even have a tent in my inventory at all times.

The only thing im not carrying is really materials.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2

The "basic" needs I think "everyone" should carry with them when going exploring:

- Tent; since you may require a spawnpoint at some point
- Something to hold water; nothing is worse as running out of stamina and have a low regeneration because you're out of water too.

- Something to hold food; for the same reasons as shown above. Using a lunchbox combines this nicely.

- Pieces of Cloth / Cotton: your #1 healing material and certainly one of the most important items;

- Healing covers; although not immediately needed, quite handy

- Farmer's Salve; to help you patch up those bruises done by troll clubs. ;) 

- Kindling: because there's always the option to warm your food

- shovel, axe, pickaxe, carving knife: you may not need them, but when you don't bring them along you will reget it. Because...... wogic. :)

- Large maul: simply because you'll always run into some old deed that has a fence somewhere you need to bash. Or a mine door.

- (Halter-)rope; because you never know if you return without "saved" animals

- Your standard weapons and armour: because you know..... reasons. :D

Thorin :) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

The "basic" needs I think "everyone" should carry with them when going exploring:

- Tent; since you may require a spawnpoint at some point
- Something to hold water; nothing is worse as running out of stamina and have a low regeneration because you're out of water too.

- Something to hold food; for the same reasons as shown above. Using a lunchbox combines this nicely.

- Pieces of Cloth / Cotton: your #1 healing material and certainly one of the most important items;

- Healing covers; although not immediately needed, quite handy

- Farmer's Salve; to help you patch up those bruises done by troll clubs. ;) 

- Kindling: because there's always the option to warm your food

- shovel, axe, pickaxe, carving knife: you may not need them, but when you don't bring them along you will reget it. Because...... wogic. :)

- Large maul: simply because you'll always run into some old deed that has a fence somewhere you need to bash. Or a mine door.

- (Halter-)rope; because you never know if you return without "saved" animals

- Your standard weapons and armour: because you know..... reasons. :D

What about cooking utensils?

My "always carry":

• Tools; hatchet, butchering knife, shovel, sickle, carving knife, steel&flint (plus a needle and a whetstone , just because I leave those in my main backpack all the time).
  • First aid satchel (with salve, covers and cotton)
  • 2 Water skins
  • Tent
  • 2 ropes
  • My "standard" weapons and armour
  • shady hat

Additional for a trip:

• Tools; pickaxe, hammer, large maul
  • 2 more ropes
  • Food
  • Additional water
  • studded leather cap 
  • bedroll

Regarding water and food, I "live off the land" as much as possible and only use my stores when I must.  I don't normally carry kindling or cooking utensils on a trip.  If I need firewood I gather it, and for cooking I generally only "wrap" when travelling.  I have been considering sticking some cookware etc in my vehicles, though.  

Edited by TheTrickster

I bring a 2nd horse and a cart.. than weight and what I bring isn't an issue.

Since... I can carry way more than my horse can move with, wheels just help you get more done or dragged back if you need cotton/food/water/storage/etc..

downside is obviously the speed at which you can move around on a cart.. since hh were made obsolete without Age-Rune-ing or breeding hundreds to have pair/s to put on carts/wagons as pullers..

depends what you want more.. to explore and cover more ground or to bring something back from your trip/s

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

30 minutes ago, Finnn said:

depends what you want more.. to explore and cover more ground or to bring something back from your trip/s

Definitely.  If I am merely "sight-seeing" (in fact, building my mental map) or want to go climb a mountain I will go on horseback.  If I am looking to really explore, I either take a cart or a boat (yes, you can explore quite well in a boat if you are happy to get out and walk/ride when needed).  My vehicles all carry additional water, and usually extra cotton etc so I can stay out longer in hostile country.  

Food:  For me when I am away food is basic sustenance.  I only aim for full nutrition at home.

6 hours ago, Ayuna said:

I got the PoL refresh on some of my characters. Combine it with some food in a lunchbox or picknick basket and it's enough to last a while.

• Like 1

Eh... I don't pack anything, I might bring some empty crates else I just go. Like on the fly. Always in a vehicle.

I usually have water in a measuring jug. With some luck there is water in the vehicle also.

Cotton, Water, empty crates. My tools I have always with me and also my tent.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 8:12 AM, Ayuna said:

I don't think cooking utensils improves their flavour one bit.

• Fast Horse
  • Knife/fork/cooking pan
  • at least 5kg of cotton
  • Tent (only if I intend to die)
  • Water skin
  • Pretty much every tool you can carry
  • Always at least 1 weapon with LT (for internal wounds or high damage wounds that are not easy to heal with just cotton)

Here is a snippet of my inventory when I'm out and about
Although I don't recommend carrying all this stuff if you're prone to dying or getting lost (at least make sure you have enough karma to recover your body)
M1fNEof.png

Edited by Legios
  • Like 1