Sign in to follow this  
MoKo33

GRAND PRIX de BRAVE STONE VILLE

"Build it and he will come"

- Field of dreams

Finally, for the first time on Cadence, and let me say in Wurm too, something you've been all dreaming about:

GRAND PRIX de BRAVE STONE VILLE

60-tile oval horse racing track, located in the northeast corner of E-14, under the name "Emperor's Crossing Hippodrome", is getting ready to host first ever horse race on Cadence. The first whole day event is scheduled for Sunday, 29th November at 22:00 GMT, so everybody can prepare well.

Finally, 5-speed horses, 90QL saddles and horse shoes, priests that can cast good Frantic charge , will be put into good use and determine who breeds the best horses in Wurm.

So, is it Carbon? Pokter? Cistacista? Aveeno? Tig? Chiibea? Which stable gives the thoroughbreds? Is it Katzenkorb? Purebreds? The Ranch? Elysium? Dystopian Bazaar? or is there some dark knight ready to mess with the favorites?   Some unheard secret quiet guy from the back?

Here is your chance, horse breeders, to get that trophy, brag about and ultimately sell your prized horses higher, or even each one from the prized stable. Opportunities are endless so use it wisely !

Leather workers, blacksmiths, now you can promote as being the key part of the winning team! Just think of the opportunities!

Since it is planned to be whole day event, area around track will feature 24 2-tile boxes for horses (with gate locks provided, or you can bring your own), 12 merchant stalls so you can bring and display your wares for sale (like a fair), parking space for carts and wagons, 100-spectators capacity 5x3 tile 3-store stance for better view of races.. and many other features in future, like affinity meals, sermon groups etc...

Race rules are: 10c participation fee, 10 participants per race, 1st place wins 50% of entry fees, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 10% (and 10% for track upkeep). Start machine is locked wooden gate (surrounded with wooden fences), which starter unlocks and the race begins. Finish line is determined with first rider to pick up gold statuette from the ground, then 2 tiles further will be silver statuette for second place pickup battle, and 2 tiles further a bronze one for 3rd place pickup. then riders present statuettes to the race judge and winners are announced. Each rider will be presented with cloth jacket and/or wool hat in different color for recognition purposes, or you can bring your own bright colored garment. PARTICIPANT FROM ALL SERVERS ARE WELCOME!

CATEGORIES:

CAT1. Horseback riders

CAT2. 2-team large carts (driver, co-driver passenger)

CAT3. Wagons

CAT4. Wild tames riders

CAT5. Domestic animal riders

This is the first event of many to come, if they turn out to be successful. I urge all other players to make their own tracks, so we can have  a Tour, a Series ,a Championship!

Images and print screens to come shortly.

All remarks, ideas, applications, critics, acknowledgments please send here, or in game to Moma PM

***FOR REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS, PLEASE PM MOMA IN GAME OR HERE BY 23rd Nov.

***IF YOU WANT TO TAKE PART AS A HELPER IN THIS INTERESTING PROJECT, ALSO PM MOMA

If you can, please place this forum topic into appropriate section, or more of them, if you think it is ok.

RACE ON!

Moma,

Mokowitcher.

And here are some pics now that the track is ready to host competitors from all over kingdom:

**The best seat in the house : A view from "Mannfred and Tahlula Grand Stand"

bIwz99o.png

**Approach to the "Mannfred and Tahlula Grand Stand"

wdECtRA.png

**Market area (you can bring your merchant contract and set up your stall for free)

fdrwwgL.png

A view from the track - final dash

rU0TM6O.png

A view form the Sonata Highway - make a route to Shipyard Mikomaroko-ovosh, and you'll be here in no time

xGp8JTr.png

Parking lots

Q4y3kvW.png

Watch for thorns in the corners!!

ru1p4Hf.png

"Mannfred and Tahlula Grand Stand"

gsEfDou.png

SELL!!!  SELL!!!

hq4ZZ7P.png

Start line back view

uFShV2A.png

START!

HOEyKkU.png

Finish line pick up (there will be large bell resonators for easier pick up)

jqjZSIJ.jpg

Please share, promote, come.

https://imgur.com/bIwz99o

https://imgur.com/wdECtRA

https://imgur.com/fdrwwgL

https://imgur.com/rU0TM6O

https://imgur.com/xGp8JTr

https://imgur.com/Q4y3kvW

https://imgur.com/ru1p4Hf

https://imgur.com/gsEfDou

https://imgur.com/uFShV2A

https://imgur.com/HOEyKkU

https://imgur.com/jqjZSIJ

https://imgur.com/hq4ZZ7P

HISTORY WRITTEN!!!!

After a small hiccup, last night was the night history was written: for the first time on Cadence, a HORSE RACE was held on "Emperor's Crossing Hippodrome", a public venue built for various events, fairs, market gathering, parties and everything that makes this game so much fun.

With a huge gratitude to our phenomenal Bunbunn, this event was streamed on twitch, where 30-40 people followed this exciting race. All visitors got a chance to enjoy free pizza Bunbunn donated as well  as some nice free gin, sponsored by Aetheria. Some merchants haggled their wares and we were all set to go.

As the crowd of 10 gathered up, we were ready to go with first ever race: thanks to the fearless competitors, and gathered crowd, we had exciting battle for GOLDEN BELL - and the winners of this race are:

Place 1 - REIGNING HORSEMAN CHAMPION - JAYTOO with horse RAIDPEARL, bred by Carbon

won a whopping 15c prize;

Place 2 - BRAVE LADY KNIGHT - BUNBUNN with horse BRISKWARRIOR, bred by Bunbunn

settled with 10c reimbursement of participation fee; (it should've been 9c but organizer was generous)

Place 3 - VALIANT SQUIRE - MSPLASSH with horse TAILSSTRONG, bred by Msplassh

got comforting 5c reward. (it should've been 3c but organizer was generous)

Jaytoo brought his beautiful supreme cart for the CAT2 race, but there were no other entries, so we were left just to look at awe as he was thundering around track in a best display of what craft and skill in this game can bring.

For the first time some of us saw man riding a Unicorn, as Ngin came in his pink armor. Unfortunately, no other participants showed in CAT3 wild tames, so hopefully next time we will have some Hellhorses along side some Unicorns and have a great race.

Everybody had a great time, a lots of fun and some excitement.

Finally, I have to pay some acknowledgments to the people who helped build this public venue:

Mannfred - Grand Stand design

Tahlula - Grand stand building

Turils - donated sprouts for outer hedges

Cococereza - donated sprouts for inner hedges

Pherikfox - terraforming Grand Stand approach

Isfasio - support

Bunbunn - media support, PR, promotion, being a good friend

Jaytoo, Bubtoo - being a good friend

Aetheria - sponsoring gin

everyone else that came to attend and compete in this event and made it possible

Please, make your own projects, make your tracks and events, let's have a Tour!

Please come here and organize your own events using this infrastructure - it's FREE!

Let's make this a seasonal event and have Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter events, fairs, parties

Hope to  see you soon

Moma

Mokowitcher    

Edited by MoKo33
  • Like 7

These were popular back in the day - and its sad to see such ones decaying now on SFI - I hope these ones get some great screenshots and events out of them being the hype dies! Good luck and awesome work!

• Like 1

Haven't seen anything like this in ages. Will definitely be there to check it out mate!

• Like 1

I'll be joining for cat. 1 and in cat 2, my wife and I will be looking glorious as our cart thunders down the track.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:04 PM, Trash said:

Frantic charge ain't working on mobs.

Doesn't work on PvP, apparently works on PvE?

PvP (Can't even cast on non-players):

[18:06:25] <Tig> [18:06:22] You cannot cast Frantic Charge on an old horse

PvE:

[18:01:14] <Sirstrongwall> [12:01:17] An old fat horse now has faster attack and movement speed.

Edited by Tigrosaur
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tigrosaur said:

Doesn't work on PvP, apparently works on PvE.

PvP (Can't even cast on non-players):

[18:06:25] <Tig> [18:06:22] You cannot cast Frantic Charge on an old horse

PvE:

[18:01:14] <Sirstrongwall> [12:01:17] An old fat horse now has faster attack and movement speed.

Thanks!

And since race is on PvE. let's disregard PvP experiences :)

The Highway runs north from the Sonata. To find a way, you can navigate to the settlement: Shipyard Mikomaroko-ovosh

Edited by Barazh
  • Like 1

I asked to do this months ago and was told a flat out... no.

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fengist said:

I asked to do this months ago and was told a flat out... no.

OH! And what do you suggest? That we should cancel the event?

If I read your post months ago, I would quit immediately. Wouldn't bother doing all the stuff I did.

This proves that you HAD AN IDEA about creating something interesting, but LACK CREATIVITY to come around obstacle you may face.

Besides, I don't think you tried carefully enough to understand replies you got on your question. I don't think those replies suggest "flat out no". And betting aspect is not at all primary thing in this event, abandoned completely after couple suggestions from the users. Fee and reward is completely in line with game concept, so you shouldn't checking that at all.

This post was created 10 days ago. I promoted it on all chats heavily. Someone would come to me with a notice from GM team, if there was any ill doing. You are following the rules a bit too much for a medieval wanderer ;)

So please come and enjoy.

As Ali G would say:" Check it , before you wreck it"

haha i suggested this on freedom chat nice to see someone actually did it :)

• Like 1

After review, this event as described is not considered to come under the gambling rules, so long as e.g. no betting on the results of races etc. takes place.

Pandalet (LFM)

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

3 hours ago, Pandalet said:

After review, this event as described is not considered to come under the gambling rules, so long as e.g. no betting on the results of races etc. takes place.

Pandalet (LFM)

Can I ask whats changed?  to quote retro " Additionally, dealing with gambling disputes is not something we want to deal with, so it wont be changing. 

this was in reply to  What I'm suggesting is, an entrance fee, paid by the participants and then paid out to the winners, which is currently defined as gambling.

After reading that post a few months ago it seemed charging people a fee and then having a "race" and prize money was against the rules, can this be cleared up as a lot of events can be hosted with fees to enter and then people winning a prize pool.

Edited by Badvoc
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 10:53 AM, Pandalet said:

Pandalet (LFM)

And that's exactly the type event I spoke of and Retro shot it down.  So what is this?  Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission?

Allow me to quote the official rules because this event sure seems to fall under the second one listed:

Gambling

Definition:

*Gambling is prohibited in Wurm Online due to Swedish law.

*Gambling is considered to be any type of activity where the winning of a prize is determined by chance and requires payment of any form to participate.

*Contests of chance requiring NO form of payment to participate are allowed.

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 2:05 AM, MoKo33 said:

OH! And what do you suggest? That we should cancel the event?

If I read your post months ago, I would quit immediately. Wouldn't bother doing all the stuff I did.

This proves that you HAD AN IDEA about creating something interesting, but LACK CREATIVITY to come around obstacle you may face.

Besides, I don't think you tried carefully enough to understand replies you got on your question. I don't think those replies suggest "flat out no". And betting aspect is not at all primary thing in this event, abandoned completely after couple suggestions from the users. Fee and reward is completely in line with game concept, so you shouldn't checking that at all.

This post was created 10 days ago. I promoted it on all chats heavily. Someone would come to me with a notice from GM team, if there was any ill doing. You are following the rules a bit too much for a medieval wanderer ;)

So please come and enjoy.

As Ali G would say:" Check it , before you wreck it"

LOL, with that attitude, I see the disputes flying already. Good luck. By the way, when a paid staff member says no and locks the thread from further debate, I'm pretty sure that's not a matter of me failing to understand the reply. That is a 'NO'!

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 1

The rules say "determined by chance" and "contests of chance". I would suggest this is not chance like the roll of a dice. This is skill. Skill at the start and skill at taking corners. Skill at breeding horse etc using the Animal Husbandry SKILL. I don't see any chance here!

20 minutes ago, MorkoOntaro said:

The rules say "determined by chance" and "contests of chance". I would suggest this is not chance like the roll of a dice. This is skill. Skill at the start and skill at taking corners. Skill at breeding horse etc using the Animal Husbandry SKILL. I don't see any chance here!

And if Retro had agreed with your assessment, there would have already been a racetrack.

Oh, and if racing were all about skill, Australia would have never won gold in speed skating:

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 1

Ah, im super sad. It looks like 22:00 GMT is my midnight tonight and I have work early in the morning :(

EDIT: I was informed I read the time wrong and it should start my 11PM, so I should be there to say hi for a bit :)

Edited by WittleBunnBun

I was agin it before and I am still agin it.

Read the mechanism for determining placing, particularly 2nd and 3rd.  In a close race for first, the runner up has little chance of being the first to pick up the second place item.  It is based on chance (i.e. when do they decide to plump for 2nd instead of first?; what if they have just a wee bit more lag than someone else?  there are a lot of chance factors that affect the outcome).

On 11/27/2020 at 2:53 AM, Pandalet said:

Pandalet (LFM)

"After review".  Did anyone review Fengist's description of pretty much the same thing, when it was "no" and lock-the-thread?   

• Like 1

would love some events like this on SFI to, sounds like fun, good luck, i will be there if they decide to merge the servers.

• Like 1