Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

How to deal with lagspikes and do some improvement

I just started playing a new character on Steam version, now i am not so sure if that was a wise thing to do. I did play on the old launcher and never had any problems, except for those on Indy during the rift events, etc. So i rolled a new character and this time wanted to get out of Indy, landed on Xanadu. Did play well for four or five days then the last two days for me was messy. So i wasnt sure if it was my ISP, i checked, look fine and wondering if something poking around like Windows Update, etc was harassing me. So i disabled the update and gonna see if that will help or not. Now for Steam user, that i am not so sure, i did manage to disabled the Steam overlay (Tab) that players can talk in between while different areas, etc.

I have very good fps, just that something fishy going on and was told Xanadu isnt a good place to hang out by other players. On the task manager for Windows, noticed something was taken some bites out of send/receiving on the network while playing wurm online (steam), something about svchost, wasnt sure what was that, then it disappeared. Next time it lagged pretty bad, gonna try write that down and see what the hell was that.

Any suggestions?

O.o i think i figured out my problems, i was using a router here and my gf using her pc as well. While looking at the resource meter on the Network, i went in there and noticed she was watching some videos on facebook. Now i got her off of it and see what it was doing on the resource meter, everything was back to normal. Things like Netflix and watching or even downloading through a router can be tricky if you dont know what they are doing, if split more than one directions.

I spoken to her, hopefully she wont do this while i play Wurm lol. Do that on another time, when i am not playing Wurm. Its been strange lately and didnt realize how could have effect me on Wurm and what she doing in the other room.

• Like 1

Well that unfort, gf just got off the phone with ISP they are having some outages with their machines or whatever it is, that explains why i can play steady on Xanadu.

• Like 2