Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

Any Elves playing on Xanadu?

I just made another character, this time on Steam version and wanted to start fresh and curious is there any elves that roleplay or at least some of it playing on Xanadu realm? Very much like to meet and share some common goals here.

• Like 3

We don't RP much, butr you're welcome to come and visit us at o8 Xanadu. 

Lunar Order always look for new members, allies and friends. 

• Like 1

Cool i will come by when i get into shape, just need time to get my place setup and least have basic skills going.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

We don't have Elves at Xan.

We do have lots of Dwarves there though........

Thorin :) 

its-the-dwarves-that-go-swimming-with-li

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

its-the-dwarves-that-go-swimming-with-li

What do you mean hairy?

the-little-mermaid-is-not-what-you-thoug

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

We don't have Elves at Xan.

We do have lots of Dwarves there though........

Aww that is too bad, looking forward to meet you dorf 😛

18 hours ago, Wildelf said:

Aww that is too bad, looking forward to meet you dorf 😛

Very well.

See you at the Lunalong. :D

I've never really played elf-style in Wurm, but it was something I enjoyed for a while in Minecraft :) 

On 11/16/2020 at 6:43 PM, KharnovKrow said:

I've never really played elf-style in Wurm, but it was something I enjoyed for a while in Minecraft :) 

Not really that hard, if you can roleplay alittle. Just that missing those pointed ears. Try setup a Bio about your character first, background, like and dislike, etc. Then roll in Wurm play it out. The problems is that some players, well most will not understand this or who you are as well what you are. Most simply minding their own business and dont want others bothering them.

Is this some kind of fetish/cosplay thing? How does one roleplay as an elf?

I'm asking just out of curiosity, I've  no interest in getting involved.

If you have roleplay before, then you will get the ideas how elf is. But there are different kind of elves tho, wood/wild elves, dark elves, etc. Also depending on the alignment, so if you never played DnD, then you wont understand it.

For example, this elf is neutral and respect the wildlife, nature around them. So if you had someone coming by or even live nearby, cutting down huge forests, killing poor animals. That would trigger alarm between them two. It like someone live next to you in real life that trashy the place on the lawn or kill your dog, etc. You would been pissed. Of course this just a game, but i respect that. Sadly, not very many know how to roleplay and enjoy the game. Seen alot of power gamers, rushing and dont want to earn it. Yes you can roleplay a evil align character too, seen alot of them cause they dont bury their corpses when they kill.

It was a mess on Indy last Halloween, i had to clean up the mess around Sleepy Hollow.

Sadly, you wont be able to see the pointed ears to recognize them.

Edited by Wildelf

Hmm.

Is this some kind of fetish/cosplay thing?

Is it a sex thing, is I guess what I'm asking.

It is (probably) not a sex thing Ajala.

It's a "roleplay" thing, not in the sense of "roleplay in the bedroom," but "roleplaying games where you actually act out your character instead of just killing things and recording stats." It's pretty common in all sorts of online game communities, many MMOs have dedicated "Roleplay" or "RP" servers for it.

In the context of "roleplaying an elf," they are talking about being sensitive to nature, using "Elven" names (likely based on Tolkien's expansive work on the languages of his fantasy world), and focusing on skills that would seem appropriate for an elf. As noted above, "appropriate for an elf" might vary based on the type of elf; to use Tolkien as an example again, the Noldor were smiths and built cities out of stone (Gondolin), while the Sindarin Elves lived in forests, and tend to adopt natural caverns as homes if they dwell in stone at all (Menegroth, Mirkwood).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KharnovKrow said:

It is (probably) not a sex thing Ajala.

It's a "roleplay" thing, not in the sense of "roleplay in the bedroom," but "roleplaying games where you actually act out your character instead of just killing things and recording stats." It's pretty common in all sorts of online game communities, many MMOs have dedicated "Roleplay" or "RP" servers for it.

In the context of "roleplaying an elf," they are talking about being sensitive to nature, using "Elven" names (likely based on Tolkien's expansive work on the languages of his fantasy world), and focusing on skills that would seem appropriate for an elf. As noted above, "appropriate for an elf" might vary based on the type of elf; to use Tolkien as an example again, the Noldor were smiths and built cities out of stone (Gondolin), while the Sindarin Elves lived in forests, and tend to adopt natural caverns as homes if they dwell in stone at all (Menegroth, Mirkwood).

Correct, that another way to put it. Also can use biography of your character too, by adding some details about your character and if you have more than one can be a problem keeping track of things. Its like a person with multi personalities and wouldnt hurt to write stuffs down about this character to keep track of things. I believe Everquest 2 has it, can roleplay and as well write a biography about that character. This will help to choose the right path and avoid making wrong turns with actions your character make in the future.

You also can change alignment about yourself too, like going from neutral/good to evil, if something have driven you mad. So biography is good to have to keep track of character background.

2 hours ago, Ayuna said:

Have you found anyone to RP with?

Nah, i couldnt handle the Xanadu, too unstable and annoying lagspikes.

I did manage to hang out in Unlimited for awhile, then didnt turn out what i wish for. So many things are different compare to WO to WU. So missed WO lol.

So look like i am back to Indy again. This time something completely different character i never played before, so far i like it, will take awhile for me get up there to be decent. Later i may check out the smaller maps, not the new ones, its too crowded.