Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

The Hamlet's Christmas White Elephant 2020 Dec 18th 6PM PST

Welcome to my Hamlet's first ever event!

It's almost that time for giving and we want to encourage people to do so. "Zuelatek's Hamlet" will be hosting a White Elephant sometime around Christmas. We're going to do our best to bring out all the festive cheer with themed food/drink and decorations. If you have any special requests let us know in a reply and we'll try to fulfill it.

Time: timer_E1608343243.svg

Expectations: Bring a gift of at least 20c in value with you to the event. We may turn you away if it's any lower. 

Location: F24 on Cadence (Top Right). Inland between 3 guard towers. Our highway connects with Sonata.

Spoiler

fy5IxGr.png

LOOKING NORTHWEST AT THE DEED

m02YL2s.png

LOOKING SOUTH OF THE DEED AT THE BAY

U3u5zCj.png

LOOKING EAST OF THE DEED AT THE OCEAN

L4vzc1e.png

What is a White Elephant?

Spoiler

A White Elephant is an event where everyone brings some form of gift to a gathering. All the gifts are put into a pile and then we go around taking turns. The first person takes a gift, and the turn ends. On subsequent turns, each person has the choice to either take a new gift or to steal another's. When a person's gift is stolen, that person can either choose to get another new gift or can steal from another player.

How are we going to run the White Elephant?

Spoiler

The way we're going to run it is as follows. Everyone will bring a gift that has at least some decent value, like a Large crate of Sandstone, and will hand it over to us. Once it's time to start we will randomize the pool of gifts we have and divide out into small groups each with a host. Everyone in a group will have a large sign that dictates what item they currently have. The host will keep track of what people do on their turns and edit their signs to show what items are currently in play. An item can only be stolen 3 times before being permanent. The players will not know what's available in the pool until after it is revealed and given to a player. Once the game is finished the host will hand out all of the gifts and then everyone's good to leave.

Reasons why we're running things this way

Spoiler
  • Actual gifts are handed out at the end so that people can't run off with something before the game is over
  • We're going to have small groups of at most 50 people so that games don't run long and people don't have to be committed to a long event in order to get a reward
  • If a group is not full after an hour we'll go ahead and start it, so people don't have to wait around as long and have a more guaranteed amount of time they need to commit
  • We're only going to allow items to be stolen up to 3 times in order for games to not run forever
  • The pool at the start of the event gets randomized in order to add just a bit more randomness to the whole event

If you have any questions/concerns/whatever just leave a reply and I'll try to check up on this Daily. Otherwise, you can easily reach me at https://www.twitch.tv/zuelatek where I stream Wurm practically everyday or you can DM me on Discord @ Zuelatak#6607

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 8
  • Cat 2

I like your position on the server, not like the maps to get to some of the SFI impalongs, this one's straightforward thankfully. Good luck and I may be there myself. Can't confirm though.

• Like 1

Apologies for the long period of silence. This is our first time hosting an event and scheduling is the hardest part. We've come down to 2 dates. The 25th the day after Christmas, a Saturday. Or the 18th the Friday before Christmas. We made a poll that we would love for everyone to answer to tell us what time you'd be able to make. Can't wait to see you all! ❤️

Got our highway connected today \o/ We are now connected to Sonata and all its connections.

Closing polls today. Event will be on Dec 18th at 6PM PST. See you all soon!

Just a day away, I'm looking forward to sailing over from Harmony with my neighbor. Should be a good time! 🎅

After some testing, more thought, and research we've decided to make change

-Removed the ruling that an item can be stolen no more than 3 times (Keeps an item available throughout the game and keeps the player who holds it more involved)

-Added the ruling that stealing can only happen 3 times per turn (Should speed up turns)