Sign in to follow this  
Craft

You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

What is the purpose of players acquiring disease from standing on the same tile as another creature?

My character is catching disease when standing on a tile with a personal merchant.

I got it too today, but don't know why.

Edited by MrLolan

I get it all the time while riding in my cart and nobody but me and my two horses.  I should say - I get it all the time "now that they turned it back on".  Was nice for a few weeks to have no disease.

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

Frankly that sounds bugged to hell, in the past getting diseased is pretty uncommon unless u had a really crowded pen and u could get it while grooming.

Had a guy who was mining with his cart and horses 2 tiles away come on chat yesterday to ask what the diseased message meant .. so its plainly not working properly.

Yeah i'm getting it all the time hunting, just riding around on a horse i got diseased with nothing else on the tile, and then it clears up while still riding the same horse. Disease does absolutely nothing for a player other than an annoying popup message so idk why they even bothered re-enabling it, just remove it from the journal and the game lol

• Like 4

Disease adds fun to tower construction and bashing alike. Does it even do anything other than the status effect?

-

Edited by Yserin

it has 0 effect on skillgain, things written on the wiki a decade ago with no testing, no numbers and "It has been suggested" being used as a source aren't generally reliable sources of info, even if they are accepted on the wiki  🙃

• Like 2

yeah, i have minimal first hand knowledge to confirm or deny so just stuck it up the flagpole to see if anyone would salute.

Tho if its ancient and always wrong why the hell is it still in the wiki? .. i know its all volunteer deal, but .. must try harder hmm.

-

Edited by Yserin

-

Edited by Yserin

Think of the wiki as a game bible.  It is a book written by many different people and they all get to put things in that they believe to either be true or should be true, but generally isn't always true.

• Like 3

The only effect on players, as far as I'm aware, is faster fat layer loss while diseased - this only kicks in if you fast when diseased.  The primary purpose at the moment is to allow you to complete the journal.

(Player) disease is on the list for rework to be turned into something more useful and interesting, but it's mostly a place-holder for now.

• Like 2