Sign in to follow this  
Josso

Archeology report number significantly lower since patch

Since the patch, the amount of of hidden caches I am able to collect has seen a decrease of about 60-75 %. I am referring the the treasure chests one gets upon finishing a report.

Now, I've heard mention that the frequency of finished reports depends on report ql, with higher ql reports giving less chance of a cache, (which makes no sense) but I can rule that factor out. the quality of my report ql has been unchanged since patch.

• Like 1

I have tried getting a cache at 35-40 archaeology and still no success. Have maybe 2 hundred unidentified fragments so lots of actions.

Just thought to mention this as it is really frustrating to reach that level and still not find a single cache.

52 minutes ago, Idlamn said:

I have tried getting a cache at 35-40 archaeology and still no success. Have maybe 2 hundred unidentified fragments so lots of actions.

Just thought to mention this as it is really frustrating to reach that level and still not find a single cache.

I started finding caches around 40ish archaeology, but worth mentioning, if you don't already know, that's it's largely determined by how many different site reports you're getting for a given site. Finding a cache will happen quicker with a site that only has one former deed on it because all your 'ticks' are going to that report; multiple sites in an area will significantly slow down that process. I'm at archeology 80something and there are still some deeds on busy sites I've never found the caches for, and several that I had to go back to and scan the same ground multiple times on different occasions to turn up a cache (particularly small deeds where the number of tiles you can investigate at one time are lower).