Sign in to follow this  
Amerian

The appearance and the ability to imp the papyrus sheet

Hi,

I have been thinking about this for some time. I really wish the papyrus sheet could be imped. 

I have this idea where we could keep actual books stacked on our bookshelves. And, we can. No doubt about it.

However, I have this book a friend made. And it is decaying. I wish I could imp it so it will last as long as I do in the game.

Secondly, though maybe not as crucial, I wish what we wrote in the books would look like real pages. 

It would be nice if we could build a library and have real books inside :)

Here's me hoping!

Amerian

• Like 1

Do you know if Vynora priests are able to mend books?

I don't think papyrus sheets should be able to be improved, sorry. High quality paper and papyrus isn't hard to produce and I can't think of appropriate tools for improving them.

I adore the idea of being able to write in books, I'd love to have a library of books full of recipes for different affinities.

15 minutes ago, Antony said:

Do you know if Vynora priests are able to mend books?

I don't think papyrus sheets should be able to be improved, sorry. High quality paper and papyrus isn't hard to produce and I can't think of appropriate tools for improving them.

I adore the idea of being able to write in books, I'd love to have a library of books full of recipes for different affinities.

I don't know if Vynora priests can or not :(

Yeah, the papyrus sheets cannot be improved...was hoping it would be something that could be changed.

I am planning in the long term to make a library building and place books inside. Would be horrible if they all rotted away, and I was observing it.

Just keeping my fingers crossed. Who knows! 🙂

Book binding skill could be added to leather working. Book binders could then repair and imp books.

• Like 2

I can't see a really strong reason to improve paper/papyrus sheets but we should be able to preserve them once made.

Leather binding does I think protect the sheets - my understanding is that the "book" is actually the container and the damage that the book accumulates does not effect the separate pages.  @Retrograde can probably explain that better than me.

If that is the case, then we should be able to not only repair but to improve books (i.e. in effect the cover).  Other damage protections, like storing in a chest etc, should then work on the book as well.  Bookcases should hold plenty of books and should function to protect them from damage.

Also see preservation, point 2 here;

• Like 1

Books can be improved

While in a book, pages will not decay, as per our patch at the end of 2019

• Change: The number of pages a book will now hold is based on it’s quality, similar to the archaeology journal. 
    • Book quality 1 – 22 will hold 22 pages.
    • Book quality 23 or greater will hold the number of pages equal to it’s quality.
  • Change: Paper, papyrus and reports will no longer decay inside books.

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Books can be improved

While in a book, pages will not decay, as per our patch at the end of 2019

• Change: The number of pages a book will now hold is based on it’s quality, similar to the archaeology journal. 
    • Book quality 1 – 22 will hold 22 pages.
    • Book quality 23 or greater will hold the number of pages equal to it’s quality.
  • Change: Paper, papyrus and reports will no longer decay inside books.

Oh that is strange...the pages in my book have been decaying:(

Not sure if the decay has stopped since then (end 2019) but I see plenty of damage.

I will need to check and recheck that the decay does not change.