Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Dead Goblins swallowed up by the ground

Please fix the dead goblin pixels, so they don't fall into the ground with only 1 toe pixel sticking out.  Sure, if you know how to fight them just right, you can make them fall the other way, so only their heel is touching the ground and the rest of their body is doing a magic floating trick.  Either way, it is a bit cheesy and a pain to deal with.

it's Client, not server 'feature' where in a mine or above ground at certain slope of the floor/ground - goblin bodies sink into the ground and only few pixels of a foot stick out, sometimes not even that - than you have to wave your mouse pointer around to find a 'magic spot' allowing you to get the body outline(if the client settings have that enabled) and right click take/butcher/bury/etc...

+1 Yes Please fix! Whatever the cause, any slope above 40 seems to eat up the corpses, which leads to annoying time consuming methods of digging or mining them out. That's if it's not in the middle of a highway that I'd rather not damage then have to repair.

Please let me know if this is also happening with creatures other than goblins.

To build on this if I may, this happens with stone house walls too. The model of them dead on the ground can clip through the model of stone walls often making it impossible to mouseover them.

I think the key with the goblins is their really cool fall back animation.  I try to always move quickly to the up slope, so they turn to face me uphill, then when they die and fall backwards, they hover over the ground in death.  I've seen other creature animations where after death, they do a quick position "snap" to their death position, which is probably centered over where they were standing.  Maybe if that were done with the goblins, it would eliminate the chance of falling back into the ground or buildings.

Trolls have a similar falling animation, but with their huge size, it is never an issue to find them after.