Sign in to follow this  
ThatOnePike

Can't Launch Game

So i downloaded the game a while ago and this is still happening, I'll start up the game and get to the startup window. Then it will tell me "Update failed! (Error: Error opening connection to patch server.)" I'm running this through steam, i'm not sure if that might have something to do with it? I can press retry update but nothing happens, if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this that'd be very appreciated. 

Please give bit more information (I think, though, one of the devs should look at the issue once you gave). Did you try to trace where the network route goes to?

On linux it would be /usr/sbin/traceroute wurmonline.com, on Windows tracert.exe  wurmonline.com . If all is good, you should land on some telia.net switch (for me e.g. hbg-bb4-link-telia.net (62.115.119.86). You dont get the complete route as the provider does not disclose it, but that shows you are getting to the right place.

A ping wurmonline.com should show you :e.g. (this is linux output, but windows should be very similar as this is low level internet ICMP stuff)

PING wurmonline.com (139.162.175.212) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from c1941.cloudnet.cloud (139.162.175.212): icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=31.1 ms

If both succeed, a dev should show into the issue and advise.