Sign in to follow this  
Azgodeth

music, and instruments.

i noticed a distinct lack of music instruments in a game about creating items and learning to fool around with them (yoyos anyone?)

how about some classical medieval instruments for us to play with?

using the fine carpentry skill we can carve: 
Lute body, strung with tailoring or ropemaking skill. 
Flute. used single, or several combined with string or wemp fiber for panflute. 
Harp body, strung with tailoring or ropemaking. 
Drum body, with hide streched over it using leatherworking. 

finally, once created you can perform with each instrument, gaining music skill, and possibly even skill in each instrument type. higher skill allows for better playing. lower skill causes more bad music and screw ups. 
much like early puppetry or yoyo skill, you'll do more messing up then playing for awhile.

to take it even further, we can have the number keys represent notes once you have an instrument ether equipped or highlighted. pushing a number will attempt to play that note on the instrument. low skill will cause off key or wrong notes. high skill will allow people to play songs in game. multiple players masters different instruments could put on concerts, or form entire medieval symphonies! 

• Like 14

Would love this, then I can become a traveling bard - especially if it allowed my midi guitar or midi keyboard input ;) 

• Like 1

+1 I like this idea, but would prefer to see glassblowing come into the game first - for windows and glass containers of all sorts, etc.  Give sand some love!

6 hours ago, Baloo said:

+1 I like this idea, but would prefer to see glassblowing come into the game first - for windows and glass containers of all sorts, etc.  Give sand some love!

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't they do both?

• Like 1

yes please!

i love the musical part of games, mostly from a listener's perspective.

random concerts in ff14 are a treat.

sailing with my shai summoned to the side and playing coffin dance on bdo is great

wurm involves many hours of standing around doing ###### all, music please.

blaze's idea makes me think though

travelling bards would be a thing, or could be, and would give life to our dead inns

Edited by Makarus

16 hours ago, Makarus said:

blaze's idea makes me think though

travelling bards would be a thing, or could be, and would give life to our dead inns

I agree.

Oh hell yeah, i was so disappointed when i found out that there are no instruments at all. Imagine the future community events this can bring! People could make music nights, concerts ect. Overall this is an amazing idea and i hope that this will end up appearing in game.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 5:14 PM, Katrat said:
On 11/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, Baloo said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't they do both?

Yes! Both! Glass harp!

• Like 1

Bard related skills could make it easier for fellow players to focus during combat.

Higher skills could make music boxes. 

A simple music generate could be implemented so players could make original music.

Allow attaching music boxes to settlement totems for deed music. 

Deed music could quicken stamina recovery or shorten queued skill times. 

Add: Jester hat

• Like 2