Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Local chat improvement

Sometimes it is hard to find another player once he shows up in the local chat. Next to the player's name there should be an icon, e.g. circles or 3 rings, which would activate ring closer to center when we approach the player. And if the player is in the cave, it should also be tagged in some way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq9lUdh4YbQyjSKE8cYLZ

• Like 1

-1 Chaos

+1 Freedom

I would support this as a possible thought for Freedom servers, however no way in the high heavens would I suggest this for any of the PvP realms.

Alongside that  sentiment, I think I would also like if this were to be disabled for characters wearing no locate enchantments. 

Sounds great if you're just looking to find the locals, but the second fighting for a unique, or PvP comes into place, this would cause all types of hell.

• Like 2

I would like this only if you can choose to show up like that because this would take away sneaking on your friends and pranking them while in local.

Edited by Ame
  • Like 1

If you really want to find someone, could you not just ask them (in local chat) to describe where they are?

• Like 4

Not all players want to be found. Personally I will always try to say hello if I see someone nearby or I pass by someone. However I do not see the need to search said player out. There's no real purpose to it. If this was to be implemented they should allow each player to choose whether its active or not. 

• Like 1

I really don't like this.  We are playing characters, not RADAR-equipped vehicles.

Maybe, when someone actually chats in chats, put a 1-pixel blip on the compass to indicate which direction their voice is coming from, with brightness or colour to indicate distance somewhat.  That way, this is only working when people are making their presence felt anyway. Or maybe just colour their chat comments based on distance rather than their name in the list.  Again, that is just providing a visual analog to what IRL would be an auditory cue.

There is not really any reason to have a radar or homing beacon on people. Just ask in local chat where someone is and if they want you to find them they will reply with directions. If a color or ping *was* implemented, I would request that it is an option on the profile screen that can be toggled off/on.

• Like 1