Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 09/NOV/20

PatchNotes-1-1.jpg
  • Text: Descriptions of imbue enchantments on items now list the exact skills the enchantment applies to.
  • BugFix: Animals that cannot be ridden untamed, will now properly kick occupants when they become untamed.
  • BugFix: Equipping and removing armour now only cancels spells/archery actions as intended.
  • BugFix: Moving armour around inside your inventory will no longer cause actions to be cancelled.
  • BugFix: Pets will now follow movement orders even when wearing a saddle.
  • Change: Players can once again become diseased and contribute to disease like other creatures.
  • Change: Humid Drizzle will now cure disease on players, and Heal will cure disease in addition to curing wounds.
  • BugFix: Killing an avatar on pve servers will now generate a new mission.

PvP Changes:

• BugFix: Pvp CA Help should now function as intended
  • PvP Change: The marks shop deity transfer will now allow you to change kingdoms to swap to deities from other kingdoms.
    • Note: This still requires you to be eligible for a kingdom transfer, such as not having changed to recently, not being a king, not being a champion, and not being a village mayor. This is available on all PvP servers.
  • PvP Change: Roaming Depot Tweaks:
    • A new depot will now spawn 38 hours after the last is captured.
    • Depots can now be picked up on pendulums at the same range as battle camps.
    • Depot light will now show up after 6 hours.
    • Depots now have a chance to drop the cosmetic items that past depots dropped.
    • Looted depot items now have a more random quality over 75.
    • Depots now requires at least 40 fight skill to claim its contents.
    • Fixed “depo” to “depot” in comments and in-game/logging text
  • PvP Change: Battle Camp Hota Tweaks:
    • After capture battle camps will display location information like before in the village info section where they are listed.
    • Pendulum range restored to former distance when finding battle camps.
    • the time between battle camp spawns has been increased to 70 hours after the last win.
  • PvP Bugfix: Defiance Valrei Fixes
    • Guiding deities on defiance valrei will now properly have them move to that tile.
    • Finishing missions on defiance valrei will now lower the move timer on deities.
  • PvP Change: Returned humid drizzle to its own spell resistance group for PvP servers
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

I scorn the lack of spell changes.

Spell balance for pvp is up for discussion/change next, I did see the comments on them and we do plan to look into them next.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

BugFix: Killing an avatar on pve servers will now generate a new mission.

Nice

• Like 2

Uhm maybe not increase timers for depo and hota, why would we want less PVP?

9 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Uhm maybe not increase timers for depo and hota, why would we want less PVP?

Felt like they where a bit to often for how much running around they took was a point I took away from feedback, if they end up being to long we can always reduce it we want to keep tweaking this till it feels right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Felt like they where a bit to often for how much running around they took was a point I took away from feedback, if they end up being to long we can always reduce it we want to keep tweaking this till it feels right.

I think people just minded running around before because it was aimless and hardly worth it, but the pendulum ranges returning to old range is awesome!

The thing is, most people only participate in events that falls within their own playing time, mostly, meaning you catch every other or less HOTAs, making it quite the rarity now that you get one in your playing time.

Ah, new update.

Means that I have to disable the Non-English CA-Help again.

Wish that would be fixed and stay OFF!! after I turned it off, instead of having to turn it off after each update.

And yes, bug report was filed a long time ago.

Thorin :( 

42 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Ah, new update.

Means that I have to disable the Non-English CA-Help again.

Wish that would be fixed and stay OFF!! after I turned it off, instead of having to turn it off after each update.

And yes, bug report was filed a long time ago.

Thorin :( 

I am sorry I was unaware that was an issue I will take a look into it for next update.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AceRifle said:

@DarklordsDepot Spawn locations still being looked at? 

I did take a look and they where very across the map for me, going to keep an eye out on defiance spawn locations going forward and plot them to see if there is something on live that I am not getting on test.

• Like 2

Thank you very much for the HD and heal to cure disease!  I have enjoyed not having any for the last several months and it was always an annoyance getting it in the past.

4 minutes ago, Darklords said:

I did take a look and they where very across the map for me, going to keep an eye out on defiance spawn locations going forward and plot them to see if there is something on live that I am not getting on test.

One of the worst and most reoccuring spawns currently has been consistently near the BL/SW corner of the island- it pops up around there often and it's not at all a competitive spot

On 11/9/2020 at 1:22 PM, DevBlog said:
Change: Humid Drizzle will now cure disease on players, and Heal will cure disease in addition to curing wounds.

Thanks to whoever finally listened!

Best change so far.

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

On 11/9/2020 at 4:09 PM, Darklords said:

Spell balance for pvp is up for discussion/change next, I did see the comments on them and we do plan to look into them next.

Is impossible to balance the priests in a pvp environment as long as one light has 3 gods and the other just 1.

I am aware that wurm pvp is not necesarily designed or ment to be a white light vs black light matter but as long as there is the 3 gods vs 1 god situation either the 3 gods will be too goot and have all white light kingdoms populate while black light is deserted (like on chaos) or have to make lib be able to compete with all 3 of them which means black light Defiance uber alles.

So my solution would be one of these:

1. make Magranon black light so then you can balance 2 vs 2

2. make Vyn and Fo pve gods only and only allow Mag for WL and Lib for BL on pvp servers  (with the portal mechanic it would be possible for someone to be a  Vyn preist on pve and a Lib priest on pvp) and can just delete Chaos or make it portal access only too.

3. Add 2 more BL gods so you can balance 3 vs 3

4. Remove priests from the game completely and just make followers be able to cast some combat and utility  spells and design a new system that would perform the role of items enchanting.

5. Remove priests from just pvp servers and allow followers to be able to cast some combat and utility spells and have items enchanting be done thru tomes (instead of tomes granting just buffs with a lill debuff just make them be able to hold a spell and charges/favor.

For example a follower would grind a skill and once the skill passes a treshold spells will be unlocked then they could activate a charged tome right click and altar and choose what spell to be binded on that tome and then have the charged tome in inventory and activate a statuette and be able to  cast that enchant on an item, and once the charges on the tome run out they will stop having that ability untill they recharge it or get another one and then find a way to sacrifice stuff to charge tomes and bob's your uncle.

L.E. In case you decide to add 2 more BL gods here are my suggestions:

You add a god called Tich and she will be the BL counterpart of vynora giving the 10% xp on stuff (like Tosiek was)

You add a god called Rofl and he will have the strongest spells in the game (BT+LT+Venom etc. in one spell) but..... all these spells will have a positive or a negative effect and each time there will be a 50% roll to decide if the effect will be positive or negative :)

For example say you are fighting a mob with a weapon enchanted with Rofl's new spell that is BT+LT+Venom etc. each swing that hits is a 50% roll that decides if  all the weapon's effects for the swing will be applied on the mob or on the player:)

Sure you could try to balance it and make it so that in the event the roll goes against the player just 10% of the effect to be aplied in order to make using Rofl's spells feel less frustrating but the  ideea is to have him be this flavour: can give the best spells in the game but those spells, half the time, will go against you:)

So now you can finally balance VynFoMagranon vs TichRoflLabia

Edited by Cipacadrinho

@DarklordsFYI, according to Twitter the Depot spawned at 5:25 AM CET and as of 2 PM CET it has not lit up or been looted.

A change for priest could be to use materials and quality of statutte to make spells more limited.

Quality to effect any non enchantment spell power by limiting the cast power to the quality of the stattutete + 12 (+beniditction)

the materal of the statutte should limit the effects of spells by up to 50% 

Some lose examples:

Silver = healing/self buffs @100% damage at 50%
Gold = Damage Spells @100% healing at 50%
Electrum = Both at 75%

Addy = AOE damage @125% healing at 25%
Glimmer = AOE Healing@125% damage at 25%
seryll = Single target healing & damage @125% AOE healing& damage 25%

This would atleast seperate the strengths of priest/play style in combat, offering a choice between offencive or defencive strengths. It also addds in more depth to the material system of the game.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:22 AM, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Players can once again become diseased and contribute to disease like other creatures.

[16:37:30] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

Wow. Thanks. I'm really glad disease was re-enabled.

Said no one ever.

Sign in to follow this