Sign in to follow this  
Yserin

Spontanious Horse Death on Deed. (player error)

Bug: dead branded animals not showing cause of death when moused over by the mayor. I am not even sure how this horse could have died.

two possible issues but before that please READ the list what I have already checked.

This was checked by mayor of the deed.

Found dead branded horse.

Check List of Possible deaths and measure to avoid it.

Horse was Mature, Was not diseased ( unless the client has a bug that does not show this now), Fairly sure it wasn't pregnant ( get to this in a second), BRANDED, groomed, was on crop tiles and was not starving All attached gates that can go into the pen are locked. Attack citizens is disabled. The horse Was ON deed. if it was a hostile creature there where several closer animals to the edge of the deed and off that was not behind a Locked Fence. the pen is on deed gates were not unlocked.

Creature ratios was too high when I checked today so the death is probably justified but I want to know for sure this is the case since I lost a foal a similar way, I just have no idea how it died and I would like to know so I can prevent more of this. If there was a legitimate reason for the death I am good with it because, seriously I get that one was on me if there was a reason. I have no complaint with the system when it is working as intended even when I loose animals. But if this is a deed ratio thing and wasn't a miscarriage ( pretty positive the horse wasn't pregnant but I am human I could be wrong) then I would like to know.

Actual Issue: I have no idea how this horse died despite being branded. you Are suppose to get a reason when you mouse over then and it says, starvation, miscarriage ect... My mayor can find no reason.

I lost a  foal the same way a couple days ago, branded, On deed, No reason when moused over, no explanation, no disease, fed, Groomed, SAME locked pen, Foal means it was not possible for it to be a miscarriage.

This horse has none of that. I would like to know why the horse died so I can either correct it the problem or put the whole production on hold. IF animals have a small % to just up and die because of the deed animal ratio being bad I would like to know this. if it was a miscarriage that is 100% on me for not paying attention to creature ratio. The foal death I shrugged off as deaths happen, bugs happen UI display bugs happen. but this is the second unexplained ( by the system) death I have had.

Bug: branded horse, death unexplained.

This was taken on the mayor over the horse:

https://prnt.sc/vg1a3y

doing tracking on the tile gets : [03:02:24] You find tracks of aged fat Piejohan 'M' leading straight ahead done more than three hours ago.

Th actual horse that died on the tile isn't even listed when tracked.

-----

Separate issue but still animal related.

Taming my mountain lion: event window says  I start taming it. I get no progress bar. after a couple tries ( because I am stubborn) I get the you create a stronger bond message. The mountain lion still has the red hostile outline and I still dont get a progress bar when trying imp the tame bond level.

https://prnt.sc/vg2wf1

this I assume is just the client wigging out for whatever reason relogging fixed it.

edit on cadence

Edited by Yserin
added to the list of things checked.

Just so you are aware, branded animals do not show cause of death on their corpse. Only cared for animals do.

O.o well thats annoying apparently most of my dead animals were cared for then since I started playing. Alright fair enough feel free to close it then.

edit I do want to say tho xD that everyone in CA was also confused why I couldnt see cause of death so that contributed to why I posted. would be a nice feature. :D thanks for the response.

Edited by Yserin