Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Deed Rebuild for Solium Theonis

Hello all.  Recently I had began a new deed after finishing the mountain one.  I have been gathering slate and marble.  Which isn't easy to find, especially in the quantities I wanted.  While those bricks were made and stashed away, I got to making the mortar.  That is when it occurred to me, why place such rare resources into a deed that isn't even that important to me and is only being done to keep me busy in game?  My mountain deed had its top done back in 2016.  The longest part was the access tunnel up to the top of the mountain at G 11.  I still intend to build at the new deed but that idea will change as to what it is made out of.

The mountain Top deed is connected on the highway network as I had hopped to get visitors but in the last 5 years, I have only had 9 people that I know of pop up there.  Most of them told me they would never do the trip again :D.  Any ways, I am currently up there making more mortar and will be for a bit longer.  If you want to come up and see the view you are welcome to as the original design was intended to preserve the view.  Normally I wouldn't even post what the deed looks like as once you do that, no one will explore it on their own.  In this case, since I am about to demolish the work I have up there, I'll post what I have into a paste bin so you can look at it in Deed Planner.

The satilite towers at the edge of the deed connected to the main structure via bridges was what I liked most of this design.  As you can see, the deed was also some what fashioned to use the towers.  The towers are there so you could get the best possible view ovedr the edge of the mountain.  This is really handy when I have some kind of tree farm going,

The pastebin is only good for a month from the date of this posting.

https://pastebin.com/VYZyhycG

Edited by Theonis
  • Like 1

This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff. As of today lol

Pretty cool castle  - I've never been on the Deliverance Server so seeing a build from there is pretty interesting.  Nice work 🙂

Getting out to other islands is fun.  Xandu, not so much.

That castle design was put up a long time ago and even now I don't know what would work better, as the deed was designed around the building it self.  I could keep the build and just change out the walls as it was built before the other materials had come out.  As I now will be using slate and marble in the build, perhaps a third type of brick.  There are some things that I don't care for.  One the main entrance into the building is from the south, but the tunnel is to the west.  So its a bit of a run around to get into the main building.  Not much but enough to add more turns that I don't care for.  Storage of bulk goods is the major draw back.  The multiple floors was intended to for storage but hoicking stuff up and down a latter with a rope is a PITA.  So I will want to design it with easy access ramps in the future.  The 5x5 foot print was chosen as I also wanted to host sermon parties as they were a thing back in the day.  While also providing people the opportunity to do their crafts while they stood around.  Also I had toyed with the idea of perhaps hosting a Impalong up there, but the building is to small for that, the hike up the mountain takes to long, and no sea access means people wouldn't make the trip.  So the new design will take all this into account.

If you get off your horse at the top of the mountain, there is an accolade for tiles above sea level achieved, or just walk it, just be sure to bring water.  The small barrels of water I leave in the tunnel go missing once every 4 months so I stopped leaving them to stop and drink about 6 months ago.