Sign in to follow this  
Gumbert

Dragon scale and Drake hide from Archaeology

You're exploring the lands of Wurm, gathering information on a settlement that used to be there when you finally locate the hidden cache. You dig it up and alongside the small token and other goodies is a piece of either Dragon scale or Drake hide.

Each cache has a chance of having either some scale or hide but not both. The maximum amount of scale or hide that can be found is 0.10kg per cache.

RNG would play a role in whether you get scale, hide or none. Having higher Archaeology and Restoration would increase the chance of getting some.

• Like 10

Could help with the current situation of players complaining they are note getting enough chances for dragon mats.

But then, it is no longer as exclusive and top tier is it?

On 11/11/2020 at 2:49 AM, Idlamn said:

Could help with the current situation of players complaining they are note getting enough chances for dragon mats.

But then, it is no longer as exclusive and top tier is it?

3.20kg of hide for a full set. 5.80kg of scale for a full set, So you would need 32 caches giving hide or 58 giving scale. Yes it may eventually become less exclusive.

While I am not completely against the proposal, the amount of 0.10kg is absolutely over the top. An amount of 0.01 might be ok. Mind that you can do arch around your backyard, getting a couple of tokens every day once you concentrate on. For drake/dragon loot from public events, you usually have to sail to other servers, and get 0.02 to 0.03 at a public slaying.

I still think adding such finds to Treasure Hunting would be nice ..

Now to see if the dev's  can add treasure hunting to the game..

It is partially set up now with archaeology in the game..

Just need have maps drop from mobs ....

• Like 2

@Damascusoh my god yes. If I hadn't played the WU treasure map mod I'd be very much against the idea but it's an absolutely brilliant feature mod. I would literally do nothing else all day but run maps if they were added to WO. I wouldn't want them to reward hide or scale though.

Archaeology on the other hand, 0.01-0.03 hide and 0.01-0.02 scale seems fair. Just have it require a tremendously high skill.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, Gumbert said:

3.20kg of hide for a full set. 5.80kg of scale for a full set, So you would need 32 caches giving hide or 58 giving scale. Yes it may eventually become less exclusive.

Don't forget that such a set would need imping. A 1ql scale set is next to useless.

The idea is nice +1 as it offers a way to gather more scale/hide after all uniques have been slain.

The amount of material found can be made random from 0,01- 0,10.

+1 for finding a fragments of anything that exist in the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GroeneAppel said:

Don't forget that such a set would need imping. A 1ql scale set is next to useless.

The idea is nice +1 as it offers a way to gather more scale/hide after all uniques have been slain.

The amount of material found can be made random from 0,01- 0,10.

You improve the sets with normal leather. 

but yeah this would be a cool twist to archeology. Would also be cool to have a chance to find some moon metal lumps. 

• Like 3

+1 to the OP.  If dragon scale and hide are far more durable than other armors then it only makes sense that such items would last very long and thus be found among other archeology fragments.

+1 to this as well.

On 11/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, Damascus said:

I still think adding such finds to Treasure Hunting would be nice ..

Now to see if the dev's  can add treasure hunting to the game..

It is partially set up now with archaeology in the game..

Just need have maps drop from mobs ....

They should be added to treasure chests too as they are actually considered "Treasure".

+1 Just a great idea. Makes them really not for the "chosen ones" 😃

Dragon Raids (Double Dragon Raids) are still quite fun to attend, and get the title.

I think being able to find a .01 scale or a hide in a chest (not every chest) would make the new feature more popular.

• Like 4