Sign in to follow this  
Azgodeth

Clothing!

as a woman who has put many hours into tailoring, i'm shocked by the complete and total lack of any woman's clothing, and by the choices of clothing at all.. 
no dresses or skirts? no vests or cloaks? no robes or anything like it? 
with everyone dressing the same, and the clothing choices being just dyed default shirts and pants, tailoring feels undervalued. it would be nice if we could dress up a little nicer, and to be able to tell the sexes apart a little better. 
Dress- Full gown, work dress, skirts. 
Pants- short slacks, workpants, shorts, anklets.
Robes- Cloaks, hooded capes. 
Shirts- sleeveless undershirts, blouses, vests.

sleeves- shortsleeves, bracelets/wristlets.

hats- bandanas, hair ribbon, turban, hood without shoulders.

all just cosmetic of course, and i know that flowing clothing can be difficult with this kind of game engine, but its worth a shot! 

• Like 13

Yep.  As long as we aren't talking "men's" and "women's" armour, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

+1 It would be so nice to have more options as a female!

I would support more clothing / tailoring items. 

Let's see much more variety in cloth, wool, and leather! 

Please a giant big huge NO to gender-locked items. YES to skirts and dresses and vests; NO to skirts-only-worn-by-females and vests-can-only-worn-by-males. That's some crappy crap. We don't like it in other games, and we won't be pleased if that stupidity comes to Wurm as well. 

Would like to see better modular clothing items.  Like simple blouse sleeves that can be paired with a leather vest or a cloth/wool bodice (to make an overdress + chemise look). 

Have no problem with non-modular clothing "sets" too - would be fun to collect all the different clothing parts that combine to make one full, coherent look - like the milkmaid outfit, or baker, barman/barmaid, innkeeper, washerwoman, plague doctor, apothecary, jester, minstral, troubadour, lady in waiting hermit, etc.

• Like 3

PS. Aprons of all types. leather aprons for blacksmiths. cloth aprons for bakers. rough aprons for peasants' everyday wear. 

• Like 2

this includes all sorts of new work clothing sets, or even better padded armor sets that work better then regular cloth, but still lighter then leather.

everyone looks the same thesedays. we should be able to tell what you do at a glance, by the clothing you wear, and the accessories you have on. if you have blackened apron on, over a sleeveless cotton shirt, im going to assume your some kind of smith. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 11:50 PM, Azgodeth said:

padded armor sets that work better then regular cloth, but still lighter then leather.

PLEASE YES

On 11/17/2020 at 11:50 PM, Azgodeth said:

we should be able to tell what you do at a glance, by the clothing you wear, and the accessories you have on.

I dunno if we should.... but it would absolutely be fabulous to have that option!!

I really love Wurm but...
you forget about us women!
Nearly no clothes.
The hairs are rubbish (no long hair)
The faces are ugly

Pls Pls .....

• Like 1

a few more clothes for going out to the impalongs and wearing at u deed yes . no to getting to many ,and no to male skirts , yes to the girls have hair and faces changes .no to aprons

of all the things that can be done to improve this game, this is pretty low priority.  -1

actually, this is of vital importance! 
you might not care about running around naked like some cloned peasant, but the majority of the people i've spoke to would prefer to be able to actually show a little personality, and not look identical to everyone around you.
in other games cosmetic upgrades are a million dollar industry, helping some game supplement payments or even replace monthly fees. (not that im suggesting they start to charge us for clothing, but it illustrates how much people value cosmetic changes in this kind of game.) granted a small number of people might not feel its too valuable, but these likely don't use many of the skills in the game already, and are overlooking the niche in the market that this kind of thing fills. if you spend all your day in a cave, and have never tried to weave a suit, then your not going to understand. 

• Like 1

Yes please! Plenty of medieval-ish clothes can be great on any gender. We need long tunics/dresses and nicer pants. Maybe a kilt. (Just please no bikini armor, thx)

• Like 3

On 11/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, christopher said:

no to male skirts 

... not a fan of kilts? 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, christopher said:

no to aprons

curious about this response, too. 
is it a look thing? or a game mechanic thing (like, how to implement "apron") ?

+1

I am a woman but in just in general I was shocked when I started playing and looking a future tailoring items seeing how limited it was. I would think a game with tons of crafting and customization would have more clothing options. 

Im new even but tailoring is what I want my main skill to be even. So I hope they add more clothing options in the future! 

(And maybe revamp the face model and hair options too.)

i agree more clothing choices would be nice also more hats, especially a miners hat, or hats for various professions like for instance a workers hat a sailors beanie(wool)  nobles hat woman's scarf or kerchief pontiffs hat for priests wizards hat for sorceror types, the lists could go on, also Cloaks and capes ye have a slot for wearing them make them craftable instead of a one off that you can only get from end game content. seriously the people of the medievil times had plenty of clothing choices especially those with money like merchants and nobles

just my 2 irons worth 

I'd want a lab coat. :D That would be something no medieval-style game has.;) 

08926-cover7-marieirenecxd.jpg

Marie_Curie_in_her_laboratory-cdff5da009

It would be nice to have more clothing options. Especially if they would 'inherit' the protection of your armour. Otherwise there would not be many occasions to dress up living out there in the wild.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:39 PM, Katrat said:

+1 It would be so nice to have more options as a female!

Katrat I love your signature so much.

• Like 1