Sign in to follow this  
Oakmaiden

Have you taken my horses?

If you are the person who took my two silver black mares from my perimeter deed stable, at Oak Grove (the old Nysa deed) then please would you get in touch.

I know officially you haven't broken any rules, and it is my bad luck that I hadn't quite had the chance to brand my new mares, but they are an important part of my collection and I would really like them back.  If you would consent to return them (maybe via a GM so your identity remains hidden?) then you are welcome to keep the other stuff you took, and I will replace them with a pair of adolescent black 5 speeds I have...

Please.

• Like 3

This problem would be easily rectified if animal ratio would be decreased, and we would be allowed to set perimeters to one tile, animal breeders are forced to keep animals off deed in populated areas, and these animals are being stolen and it is legal despite a non stealing rule. I can't understand why there are rules being applies that are NOT in the official rule set and these that ARE in the rules set are not applied. Issues with perimeters poison the community and nothing is being done to rectify the issue. 

@Enki@PomonaC'mon please do something, perimeter wars and thieves are a poison to our community, it is basically #1 cause of all quarrels and dramas. No stealing is no stealing. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

This problem would be easily rectified if animal ratio would be decreased, and we would be allowed to set perimeters to one tile

What about ppl stopped hoarding 400 animals in every deed? all you need are 4 breeding horses (2 pairs) and few to ride. Max 10 horses per any PVE deed. period. 

Because? I have a ranch, why I can't hoard animals? We can hoard everything in Wurm, why not animals? IRL there are thousands of animals on the area a lot smaller than our deeds. Why it is even your concern of how many animals I have? 

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

animal breeders are forced to keep animals off deed in populated areas, and these animals are being stolen and it is legal despite a non stealing rule

you know you can brand animals to keep them safe off deed, or expand your deed to hold more animals. the animal ratio is there to combat animal hoarding, if you do weird workarounds to get around it and your horses get stolen, that's on you for not securing them properly. No rules against taking unowned things that are off deed.

• Like 4

I can't expand my deed. And yes, I can and I do brand my animals. However, branded animals can still get killed off or released by griefers. 

Edited by Platyna

7 hours ago, Platyna said:

Because? I have a ranch, why I can't hoard animals? We can hoard everything in Wurm, why not animals? IRL there are thousands of animals on the area a lot smaller than our deeds. Why it is even your concern of how many animals I have? 

You obviously didn't play Wurm before the ratio and Care For were introduced, and when "enclosure rules" were still in force

Every horse you keep alive takes up a slot in the creature count on the server. It was so bad at for a long period of time that no wild horses (or anything else non-aggro) spawned, because so many were being hoarded. It was not a good time. 

Also, on PvE servers, branding your horses prevents other players killing them, and putting a saddle on them prevents them wandering away.

• Like 9

Sorry for derailing your thread, Oakmaiden. I hope you get your horses back. One of those lessons we all learn the hard way, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

Fenced area with a house conected to walls ofdeed.breaking in its agains pve rules.as far i know. No house there means free to take

1 hour ago, Zarame said:

Fenced area with a house conected to walls ofdeed.breaking in its agains pve rules.as far i know.

Such a rule does not exist since many years, formerly known as "enclosure" rule.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zarame said:

Fenced area with a house conected to walls ofdeed.breaking in its agains pve rules.as far i know. No house there means free to take

This rule no longer apply. And I didn't play Wurm then and I think that with current population on SFI Animal Ratio on deeds should be reduced, greatly, to like 50% of its current value. Or it should depend on mayor's AH skill - like every 10 AH levels one point is dropped. If a horse is born it takes a slot, no matter if you keep it safely on deed or if someone steals it, not to mention that if you live in little populated area or in Xanadu you can make an enormous deed, people in more populated area like SE Ind, which I think is the most populated area in SFI and also the SFI capital of drama, have a problem.

And the enclosure rule should be back, but in changed form - it should apply at least to your deed perimeter. Look, the rules are inconsistent and there are numerous threads pointing this out, so it is not just me. Deed perimeters are not owned, but the highway on them is protected by the deed permissions, deed perimeters are not owned but I can't build or repair a house on someone's deed perimeter or pitch a tent, they are not owned I have to get one while making a deed and it will be often more tiles than the deed itself, and this land is blocked from me to take ownership, even if the neighbouring deed belong to my alt, even if I pay for additional perimeter tiles...they are still not mine...despite the fact I have to pay upkeep for them...

You can bash someone's gate and steal the animal, but you can't lockpick this gate. There are rules not in ruleset (like deed it or lose it, even if deeds are optional feature of the game) applied and these in rule set are not (no stealing). 

If we want a healthy and welcoming community these issues has to be addressed, this is another thread made by a player who was robbed from their property, even staff members are getting robbed on PVE. This is not pleasant to deal with, and we play Wurm to forget about IRL, where you can steal and get away with it if you know the right people or can afford good lawyers. 

Edited by Platyna

3 hours ago, Platyna said:

If we want a healthy and welcoming community these issues has to be addressed, this is another thread made by a player who was robbed from their property, even staff members are getting robbed on PVE. This is not pleasant to deal with, and we play Wurm to forget about IRL, where you can steal and get away with it if you know the right people or can afford good lawyers.

If it is off deed and not secured, then it belongs to no one. If no one owns something then it cannot be stolen, it is free for the taking. Like it or not, it is the way the game is currently. I have seen many posts where people say that items were stolen, when in fact they did not take the actions that the game provides to secure their things. Once something is placed off deed and is left there, it belongs to whom ever assumes possession of it next. I don't own the fences off deed just because I built them. The only thing that I own is what I have on deed, or I have secured off deed using the systems in place that the game provides. Statements like the one  you said are false and I wish people would stop saying them because new people read them and get the wrong impression. 

I fully understand the frustration involved in these situations, and I also think that something should be changed. I agree it is not pleasant and can be very discouraging. But in the mean time the game is the way it is and if you are going to advocate for change or modification of the rules, then please represent the facts as they apply in game. Using the terms of "stealing" and being "robbed" tends to give thought that in Wurm, if someone takes something that I did not secure, it is stolen and I can seek some kind of relief for this item being stolen. This simply is not the case and I believe it is better to educate people on the systems within the game that can be used to secure things that would keep any of these posts from even ever being made. Real life rules of stealing and ownership do not transfer to the game.

• Like 4

Locked gates are not security? According to this rationale if you forget to lock your house I can come and take whatever I want. That's a ludicrous anarchy. 

I know that this is a controversial topic, but branding and saddling pretty much guarantees horses can be neither stolen nor released.

The OP acknowledges that the horses were not branded, so knows that s/he is now at the mercy of the innate spirit of fairness that resides in the heart of a horse-thief.

18 hours ago, Schiann said:

Sorry for derailing your thread, Oakmaiden. I hope you get your horses back. One of those lessons we all learn the hard way, I'm afraid. 

Oh hey. Look at this. A post involving the words "perimeter" and "horse" and "taken" got derailed by something that belongs in a different subforum (like, Suggestions? or Town Square?). 

Oakmaiden, I definitely hope you get your horses back. I am also a fan of the black silver horses, and of collecting, in general. I have no idea if I'm around your area or not, but do you happen to have the names of the horses? That will help us all keep an eye out for them. 

For *cough* *cough* everyone else.... I am going to repost Oakmaiden's original post. Let's try to stay on topic this time, okay? 

On 11/8/2020 at 4:21 PM, Oakmaiden said:

If you are the person who took my two silver black mares from my perimeter deed stable, at Oak Grove (the old Nysa deed) then please would you get in touch.

I know officially you haven't broken any rules, and it is my bad luck that I hadn't quite had the chance to brand my new mares, but they are an important part of my collection and I would really like them back.  If you would consent to return them (maybe via a GM so your identity remains hidden?) then you are welcome to keep the other stuff you took, and I will replace them with a pair of adolescent black 5 speeds I have...

Please.

Amata since when you became a mod? You have to remind forum admin to put up your badges. 😉 :P 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 10:55 PM, Platyna said:

This problem would be easily rectified if animal ratio would be decreased, and we would be allowed to set perimeters to one tile, animal breeders are forced to keep animals off deed in populated areas, and these animals are being stolen and it is legal despite a non stealing rule. I can't understand why there are rules being applies that are NOT in the official rule set and these that ARE in the rules set are not applied. Issues with perimeters poison the community and nothing is being done to rectify the issue. 

@Enki@PomonaC'mon please do something, perimeter wars and thieves are a poison to our community, it is basically #1 cause of all quarrels and dramas. No stealing is no stealing. 

Maybe take the suggestions to the suggestion forum, and stop pushing your own agenda?  Novel, I realise, but there you are.

Oakmaiden, I've not been through that part of Indy in a while, so I can't offer anything other than hopes you get your horses back.  Good luck!

@Oakmaiden

Sad to hear your mares changed owner without consent, and the new and proud of himself owner didn't return them.

If you could sail to Pristine, I have 2 pure 5sp silver black girls I could part with, since I'm not playing there a lot nowadays. All you need are 2 animal cages, a ship able to contain them and a forum pm sent to me, to agree over an hour and day you could come and pick them up.

For your own safety, never, and I mean NEVER keep animals and things you care about in your perimeter, unless in a house with high ql, finished walls. And never have any important horse taken offdeed without being branded. Ever.

• Like 6

@Evening, have messaged you.  And thank you so much for your generous offer.

@Platyna, thank you as well.  I am the proud owner of a lovely knarr and some creature cages, so I am able to go myself, but I am very grateful for the offer.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Oakmaiden said:

@Evening, have messaged you.  And thank you so much for your generous offer.

@Platyna, thank you as well.  I am the proud owner of a lovely knarr and some creature cages, so I am able to go myself, but I am very grateful for the offer.

Nice. If you want you can come with your mare to get some new genes. Good luck to you.