Sign in to follow this  
Garrick

IF I pay for a Settlement, Let me allow in whoever I want

Simply put, If I am using real life money to pay for my own settlement, then I should have the right to allow anyone I want to come visit. 

Well, you can actually do this by putting fences, fence gates and houses on your deed and block off any visitors whatsoever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadmint said:

Well, you can actually do this by putting fences, fence gates and houses on your deed and block off any visitors whatsoever. 

I do this already, but I cannot allow any friend from an "enemy kingdom" to visit. I cannot give any friend that I want permission to enter my own settlement that I pay for using real money. I just want any friend that I have to be able to come in and stay and be a friend......

Are on PvP or PvE? As far as I know, on PvE you can give specific permissions to any person you wish for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadmint said:

Are on PvP or PvE? As far as I know, on PvE you can give specific permissions to any person you wish for. 

no option to even try playing PvE since it's either Epic or Chaos server and cant go to anywhere else. Literally, we go through an epic portal and can only get to Chaos server... with 0 skills to make a boat to move elsehwere... We're not training skills for the purpose of having them taken away again with a move to a PvE from Chaos. That's stupid. We just want to play together and the game is making it impossible to play how we want as friends

Edited by Garrick

Well, you didn't say anything about the server on the first post so couldn't know that. Then I don't know about the PvP side. Might be impossible or not, PvP folks might help you with that.

2 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

Well, you didn't say anything about the server on the first post so couldn't know that. Then I don't know about the PvP side. Might be impossible or not, PvP folks might help you with that.

I honestly think if I'm paying my own money to have a settlement with my friends, and the game will not allow me to let any friend I want into my settlement, I want a refund and I'll go back to not having a deed at all because it's not worth it to pay money to protect my stuff if I can't let any friend that i want in. It's not worth it at all. 

I need this fixed, or someone refund the $165.16 USD that I paid within the last 24 hours to get this settlement set up . This money is not worth it anymore if I can't enjoy this game with my friends 

did your friends start on a different server/kingdom or something

Maybe don't spend 160$ on a game before you understand what you're doing

• Like 1

It's a PVP server and you friend from enemy kingdom won't ever be able to be a "friend" by a rules of this server, unless you convert him to the same kingdom.

32 minutes ago, RainRain said:

did your friends start on a different server/kingdom or something

Maybe don't spend 160$ on a game before you understand what you're doing

Based on the documentation available, I was under the impression that I could establish specific permissions for trusted friends to enter/pass gates/manage item if I wanted to. If my friends betray me, that is on me, not the game. I should have the right to choose what friends would betray me and which ones would not betray me. 

I also believed that the in-game settlement reputation system could be used to protect specific people. Perhaps, it was foolish afterall to assume that the only person in that feature would be for guards to kill on sight. I was looking at how that feature could be used for positive numbers for positive results. 

I know your forum account is newish, but how old is your game account? Some time back most of the skills from Epic were copied over to the Freedom cluster (with x3 next to the part you didn't get) so that players on epic could transition over to the freedom cluster (including chaos).  It was a one time thing but if your account is old enough you may have gotten that.

If it's a new account, why did you start on epic? Just curiosity asking.

he's couple months old on his account. also i have no idea how he managed to spend 160 quid on a deed. the deed is barely 15x15 with no guards, thats about 7s to place. and yes, you cannot set permissions for enemy friends. Both or all of you have to be same kingdom. Either your friend converts to yours, or you convert to his, tho if you convert you will loose your settlement. 

Edit: if you put another 153s into the coffers, well once you disband your deed you will get those back in your bank

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

he's couple months old on his account. also i have no idea how he managed to spend 160 quid on a deed. the deed is barely 15x15 with no guards, thats about 7s to place. and yes, you cannot set permissions for enemy friends. Both or all of you have to be same kingdom. Either your friend converts to yours, or you convert to his, tho if you convert you will loose your settlement. 

Edit: if you put another 153s into the coffers, well once you disband your deed you will get those back in your bank

So what exactly is that deal with getting money back with disbanding? I can just choose to disband with x amount of money in the coffers & get the money back? Where would the money actually go to if I disband the deed where my bank is?

I started early September, logged 34 days, 9 hrs, 29 minutes of near-constant sleep-deprived playtime. I chose Chaos at first because I wanted PvP, then I got there and saw the landing zone was basically just empty with zero people on local and there wasn't even any nice buildings to look at or help me get started. It looked like literally a barren wasteland. So I hopped in the epic portal (which really should definitely not have been at that landing zone to begin with.....) and every time I go back through an epic portal, I'm forced to be right back in the dead, useless space, but at least epic still has some nice stuff to get me going around their landing zones. 

The money I've spent on this deed also includes needing to buy

• Farwalker stones so that I can easily navigate to my other off-deed properties to consolidate everything
  • Rod of Transmutation so i can get the resources that I want to work with and do what I want to do rather than what the land wants me to use
  • Spirit templars
  • Also, I spend additional money so that I can have the option to keep money in the coffers for sustainability & to have enough to resize as I want to
  • Top QL equipment because let's face it I can't do anything substantial or meaningful with low QL items
Edited by Garrick

1 minute ago, Garrick said:

So what exactly is that deal with getting money back with disbanding? I can just choose to disband with x amount of money in the coffers & get the money back? Where would the money actually go to if I disband the deed where my bank is?

All the money in your settlement coffers get refunded to you if you disband that settlement. Its goes into your bank automatically, you can access it from a token. you always have access to it from a starter town token

6 hours ago, Garrick said:

I started early September, logged 34 days, 9 hrs, 29 minutes of near-constant sleep-deprived playtime. I chose Chaos at first because I wanted PvP, then I got there and saw the landing zone was basically just empty with zero people on local and there wasn't even any nice buildings to look at or help me get started. It looked like literally a barren wasteland. So I hopped in the epic portal (which really should definitely not have been at that landing zone to begin with.....) and every time I go back through an epic portal, I'm forced to be right back in the dead, useless space, but at least epic still has some nice stuff to get me going around their landing zones. 

• Farwalker stones so that I can easily navigate to my other off-deed properties to consolidate everything
  • Rod of Transmutation so i can get the resources that I want to work with and do what I want to do rather than what the land wants me to use
  • Spirit templars
  • Also, I spend additional money so that I can have the option to keep money in the coffers for sustainability & to have enough to resize as I want to
  • Top QL equipment because let's face it I can't do anything substantial or meaningful with low QL items

First of all drop attitude i payed i demand as you clearly have no idea what are you doing and you over payed unnecessarily and better ask people to explain you how stuff work.

Your money is tied to your account, bank at token is just place where you can acces that money (can widraw from any deed token and deposit only at the one you chose as bank which can be relocated at any time with 24h colddown). When you disband all money from upkeep goes back to your account balance its just importan to stay on server until disband completes.

What I don't understand is how the heck you and your friends ended up on different kingdoms? Someone is freedom and someone hots? Can always easy have one of you converted not sure why would you want to stay different kingdoms, and why would you play on Chaos not as part of some player made kingdom but on your own...

No offence but buying transmutation rod at start was really stupud and thats money wasted which cant be returned. Can always make rowboat(really not that hard to grind for it) and move with your friends to freedom and pve environment

Also can always make a nee characters and start playing on Steam servers where population is more dense and pvp is more active from what i heard...

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

wow im living the dream 3 bucks a mth cool deed ,those numbers , we australians are smarter

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Garrick said:

Okay, wow, you've got a lot going on & its definitely making all the little problems join up into one big, giant, ugly problem. Let's get that sorted out for you, mmkay?...

1. Slow Down. 
    Wurm is a play-for-years-to-get-to-level-1 kind of game. You can jump right in and start Day 1 with just about anything you want... but it wont be days, weeks, or even months to get established and stabilized as a player. It will take 6 months to any number of years. So, with some patience, I'm sure we can get you back on the right track for a more enjoyable experience.

2. PvP - go where the action is, but requires a brand new start
    This option is best if you prioritize active PvP play above all else, are willing to make an entirely new character, and would rather be poor where people are than rich but relatively isolated. If you are dedicated to the idea of playing PvP in Wurm, it is important to go where the other PvP players are... unfortunately, it sounds a bit like maybe you jumped right in without asking around or checking in on forums or wiki, etc. That means your pick of where to PvP was totally random / uninformed... and sadly, you went with a bad pick. Currently, the "new hotness" are the Northern Islands - and the PvP is happening on Defiance. I do not have the server population data off the top of my head, so I don't know what kingdoms, if any, are still active on Chaos. All islands have their own subforum - I would recommend asking around in the various subforums to see who is active & where they are. Also, be sure to check out the Village Recruitment Center subforum... literally a whole subforum dedicated to people talking about where the action's at. As I write this, one of the top posts is currently a post all about PvP activity on Defiance. Probably lots of good information there for you! 

3. Kingdoms?? - maximize on your investments & play with your friend, but see less action
    This option makes the most of your current settlement and investments, you and your friend will be playing PvP content together, but the level of activity on your island will rise-and-fall from time to time. If you want to play with a friend on a PvP server, you will need to both be "on the same side" - that is, in the same kingdom. I might be wrong, but I really can't think of any other PvP game out there that handles things differently. If your avatars are on opposite sides of a war, be it player v player, faction v faction, or kingdom v kingdom, it is generally understood that "the other guys" are not going to be able to visit you in-game in a PvP setting despite being friends IRL. You should have known that from the start. And if you didn't, you must be very new to gaming overall. Welcome to gaming; now you know. If you want to both play together in PvP and fight each other too, then be in the same kingdom for PvP play, and duel or spar with each other when you wanna fight. If one or the both of you are seriously dedicated to the kingdoms you are in and don't want to switch... well that's something you'll need to discuss with your buddy and work out for yourselves.  At this point, considering your investment in a settlement, your best option is probably to have your friend convert & join your kingdom. 

4. PvE? - just get around other players as quickly and easily as possible, screw the action and the deed
    This option is good if you don't want to make an entirely new character, are flexible about playing PvP or PvE, and want to get involved with active players with the least amount of hassle. From Chaos, you do have the option to switch to a PvE island - take a look at the Southern Freedom Isles and poke around the SFI subforums to see if any seem active and/or interesting to you & your friend. Even if you do not have a boat of your own, it is possible to ask around in-game, or on forums, and arrange transport with a kindly soul who owns a boat. You would be disbanding the settlement on Chaos and starting anew on a different island - but you would be able to join an active village or make a new settlement in an active neighborhood basically right away. 

17 hours ago, Garrick said:

• Spirit templars

Hey, Big Spender!... slow down

I can appreciate that many, many MMOs and games these days are pay-to-win. And even if they aren't pay-to-win, cash shops abound and are basically the normal thing these days. Wurm is not that kind of game!! 

For the future, please do yourself a favor and wait to earn these sorts of items and perks without dropping quite so much RL money on them. Many of these items you've purchased are optional, or intended as rewards for playing this game for years and years.

A new character is not expected to have top QL equipment, or a Rod of Transmutation, or a Farwalker stone. These things are considered major Quality of Life Perks, earned by long-time players who have first done things "the hard way" and are ready for a little reward to make things easier and nicer. Spirit templars are a smart investment for a deed....if you can afford them!  Having a nice, fat balance in your coffers for upkeep and resizes, etc - that's optional. That's a goal to work towards

Your spending decisions are your own responsibility, but we're invested as a community in helping each other make wise decisions & keep the game enjoyable for everyone! In the future, consider asking around for advice and assistance before making in-game purchases that might be a little overkill or otherwise unnecessary. 

Also, as a play tip.... you will earn greater skill gain from improving a low QL item, than with using a high QL to directly craft and harvest items that are high QL to begin with. It is very common for high level, long time players to have a full set of low QL tools, resources, and crafting materials - in order to craft Low &  imp High. (Imp = improve). Imping is a time honored Wurm tradition, the best activity for skill gain, and means that low QL materials and resources will never be "under level" and therefore useless, like in other games. 

I genuinely hope that some of this information helps you get a "fresh start" on your Wurm experience.
~ Amata, Lady of Heartsease Vale, Independence 💜

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, Garrick said:

We're not training skills for the purpose of having them taken away again with a move to a PvE from Chaos. That's stupid.

You will not lose any skills moving from Chaos to other servers on the same cluster. For instance, if you train Shipbuilding to 20 on Chaos and then take a rowboat to Xanadu, you'll still have your skills, items, and the rowboat on Xanadu when you arrive.

• Like 3