Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Add currency to mob drop

Seems like the overall population likes hunting when there is a chance of something odd dropping. 

I suggest we add some kind of currency (lets call it crowns just for the sake of the suggestion) to the drop list, at a low chance (maybe even lower than halloween drops).

The crowns are just added to a bank account, much like rift points. Its not possible to trade crowns or get them in any physical form.

When you have X amount of crowns you can visit an NPC in starter town to buy some special items.

Examples of these items can be old holiday drops like the most recent halloween drops.

It could either change by season - so people that didnt have time to participate in for example halloween event also could get them for the next 3-4 months. Or the store inventory can be set and items just get added as they are added to the game.

Its important that this store is expensive enough to not be a farming thing. Lets say you need 1000 crowns to buy a black bear helm, and there is a chance of getting 1 crown from one mob.

• Like 6

PS; i got all the drops from halloween, so this is not a scream for help there. 😛

I'd like to see random rolls for coins when hunting happen more often.

• Like 1

We have rare coins as mob drop, just add NPC that sells items only for rare coins.

Whether you use current currency somehow, or introduce a new currency to be specific to this ..... I would totally be down for this addition.

Vendor items to consider could be:
past seasonal / holiday event loot - as in the OP
more skins for weapons and tools
vanity items like civilian outfits / costumes (milkmaid, baker, barman/barmaid, innkeeper, washerwoman, plague doctor, apothecary, etc),
vanity / non-combat pets (tabby cats, domestic dogs, birds, baby animals, pixies, nature sprites, etc)
decoration items and objects
"decor" NPCs to enliven a deed (a blacksmith with anvil animations, milkmaid at cow, town jester, minstral(s), a juggler, merchant / market types, nobles and courtiers, etc)

On 11/7/2020 at 6:23 AM, Nordlys said:

Seems like the overall population likes hunting when there is a chance of something odd dropping. 

we love the shineys! gives us the Precious!! 

I am not in favour of a THIRD in-game currency.  We already have mirons and marks.  The chief difference between them is that for marks there is really only one way (with 2 slight variations) to acquire them, which is spending other currency and only one place to spend them, and a select market of purchases you can make with them, some for only a short window of time. Mirons can be acquired many ways, and can be spent on pretty much anything in-game, and can be transacted in many ways, or even just given away or even dumped/dropped.

We already have rare coins, which despite being rare are only worth face value.  What would be good if rare coins were not ONLY (or even necessarily) in-game currency but objects with their own value, able to be traded.  In that case, fantastic and supreme coins would be great (if they are not a thing already).

I have my "complete" collection of rare coins, which I value more than their collective face value.  From when I decided on acquiring a complete set, I specifically hunted and foraged to find rare coins, but now that my collection is complete that is no longer a motivator for me (currency is a nice bonus, but not sufficient reason to spend an hour or two fighting or foraging).

• Like 1

I really hate those marks, points, tokens or whatever you see in other mmos. It just makes things much too complicated. The only points that I can understand having is loyalty points.

If any new points are added I sure hope they get awarded upon burying the slain mob, so that that there won't be tons of corpses polluting the landscape.

• Like 1