Sign in to follow this  
Hypatia

My horses are back! (Halloween Horse Effect Thoughts)

I am so happy to see my horses again.  As a horse breeder I have a lot and recognize them by their colors as well as their names.  These past weeks I have felt like my horses went on vacation --- but I still had to look after them! xD 

Listen, Wurm staff, the skeletal horses were REALLY well done and it was awesome, but maybe next time could we just have the skeletal look on saddled horses?  Or at least an option to turn the effect on and off?  It was oddly disorienting dealing with my herd with this effect.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome skeletal horses, but boy I am happier than I even thought I'd be to have my herd back from "vacation." :)

You are aware that there was a setting to turn the effect off? 

They added the option to turn it off shortly after it was added in the setting before you launch the game:

ZQPZhmV.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yaga said:

You are aware that there was a setting to turn the effect off? 

LOL!  I was not!  xD

I looked for a place to turn it off and tried to find out briefly via Google but the internet was not forthcoming.  I'm a hermit, but I guess I should have asked in the general/help chat.  But I decided to just endure knowing it was a temporary effect anyway.  Where was the switch?

*Edit Ok thank you Dokhida .  Sadly I guess I overlooked that when I was trying to find an effect switch.  Silly me!  No biggie, I was ok enough with it, but only realized how deeply I missed my horses when I saw them today.  :)

Edited by Hypatia

1 minute ago, Yaga said:

😀

Nice!  Since that was released after I checked for a setting, I do feel a little less stupid.  But I guess I need to do more than occasionally skim patch notes! xD

• Like 1

I understand how you feel, grateful for the setting patch of course, but I wanted to see all the other stuff so just gritted my teeth and waited lol. Very unhappy making grooming skeletons though. I didn't enjoy the newer version on halloween as much as I always did in the past mostly because of this, but also missed the scary faces on oak trees and deer and pig as dancing trees, those were a lot of fun. Anyway, yes, good job devs but a lot of us are happy to have our horses back :)

• Like 2

Something I just wanted to add, the horse skeletons were very well done and fascinating to watch on a cart, but I tended to ignore my stud horses whilst they were skeletons, didn't check, groom or breed them at all.  I guess I perhaps found their appearance a bit off-putting or it didn't hold my interest in the same way as the beautiful coloured horse skins.  As a result I got a couple of horses that were diseased - and amazingly the diseased horses reverted to their original colours, so I was thankfully able to spot it in time and save them.   Having learnt from this, I would ask that we could keep this 'feature' for future events and let diseased horses keep their original horse colours, so that we can spot them at a glance.  It was actually so very helpful during this event.

• Like 2