Sign in to follow this  
Degrath

Limited time only One way transfer from NFI to SFI

I would like to suggest a one time use limited time offer type of server transfer from the new server to the old. You don't even need to allow items or currency to pass just a naked transfer from one to the other. Hell even maybe a one time pay cross.

I am sure this has been brought up before and everyone has their arguments for or against linking NFI and SFI that's not what I am asking.  Just hoping for a limited time only one way trip from the new servers for new players who want to jump over to the old servers and not have to start over.

• Like 3

-1 because proper concept about "what do we do now" is needed then half doing stuff

+1

The data is definitely indicating the old cluster needs a player infusion.

No, its either link the servers or don't

What about new players who started on the SFI and now think that was a bad idea, should they be allowed to move to north 1 time only transfer and if not why not?

We need a fix not half arsed band aid ideas. so -1 for me.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

+1 From me. I definitely would like it as a one-time option.

Just keep them separate, if they would like to join old cluster make a new account.

The reason being, the second you give someone the option, x person is going to transfer and they are now going to sit and complain that they can't go back.

Please just keep the two clusters completely separate, if someone wishes to join the old cluster they can make a new account.   

Edited by Dokhida
  • Like 2

I do not see reasons against, other than that atm, the "old servers" seem to have a stable, even slightly rising participation according to mrtg logon statistics, while harmony and melody are still in decline, whereas cadence has slightly rising logons, and defiance is stable. So a pressing need is not given for the "old servers".

The proposal for a one way portal to the south has been raised repeatedly, especially when the new servers were overgushing with players with not few quitting in frustration due to the stress and the lack of good places to settle. Done in time, it may have saved a number of participants. For that, it seems bit too late in my opinion. Cadence still has some room, and more places get freed on Harmony and Melody. The PvP community on Defiance is something the old environment with its worn out, disgruntled and toxic mini PvP "community" has lacked for years as far as I could observe.

Still, I do not see why not, and why not allowing the exilant to take her bank account, and maybe what she can carry on her body, with her to the new "old" location. It would not crash the southern market for sure.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I do not see reasons against, other than that atm, the "old servers" seem to have a stable, even slightly rising participation according to mrtg logon statistics, while harmony and melody are still in decline, whereas cadence has slightly rising logons, and defiance is stable. So a pressing need is not given for the "old servers".

According the data I have, both clusters are in long term decline; there may be small weekly peaks but mostly it's a slow path downwards.  The table below shows the percentage of the population remaining compared to the month previous (based on the monthly averages; the first one is calculated only using the latter half of August and is far less accurate mind):

Old New
85.07% 77.41%
95.51% 74.59%

It's not looking good for the new cluster, however it is still much more densely populated than the old cluster (the old cluster having had a net loss from the steam release) and being able to transfer over with skills (and as Ekcin has suggested, whatever they can physically carry) may help redress this issue somewhat.  Indeed, it may help turn some of the people who are leaving the new cluster, and quitting wurm altogether, to remain on wurm in the old cluster (since the old cluster is far less overcrowded).  Though here it may just be wishful thinking!

• Like 2

I doubt that average counting a little bit. It is taking hourly samples which have a lot of randomness. Niarja live graphs (based on 15min intervals, and available server wise) show how much they may miss both peaks and downs (beneath that averaging peaks over the week is creating a statistical artifact of questionable relevance). Though the mrtg statistics on server level are created rather shortly, and have an irregular artifact begin of September, I consider them more reliable. According to those, the southern cluster accumulated logons are as I described: slightly rising or stable on South Freedom cluster, also somewhat on Cadence, dropping on Harmony and Melody, and widely stable on Defiance. Unique logins for all of Wurm have gone considerably down from a 28k maximum short after steam launch to 7.1...7.5k recently, yet to see whether stabilizing or dropping further. The sharp drop in the months after the launch has decelerated considerably, though.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

No items in inventory, no coin in bank? Sure, come on over.

Just...

1zdGTec_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Antony said:

No items in inventory, no coin in bank? Sure, come on over.

Just...

1zdGTec_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

exactly the option I'm looking for!

7 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

it may help turn some of the people who are leaving the new cluster, and quitting wurm altogether, to remain on wurm in the old cluster (since the old cluster is far less overcrowded)

We have been saying something very similar to this since the get go of the new cluster.  Encouraging/funneling new players to an overcrowded cluster and then marooning them there is simply not helpful to the game as a whole.  There should have been a one-time inter-cluster teleport available to all new characters from the start of the new launch, with "new" being measured by way of experience in some analagous fashion to that of the bartenders' free food and drink..

link them and make cheaper the fees .people will hold and come back to accounts if there cheap ,gamers game around 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

According the data I have, both clusters are in long term decline; there may be small weekly peaks but mostly it's a slow path downwards.  The table below shows the percentage of the population remaining compared to the month previous (based on the monthly averages; the first one is calculated only using the latter half of August and is far less accurate mind):

Old New
85.07% 77.41%
95.51% 74.59%

It's not looking good for the new cluster, however it is still much more densely populated than the old cluster (the old cluster having had a net loss from the steam release) and being able to transfer over with skills (and as Ekcin has suggested, whatever they can physically carry) may help redress this issue somewhat.  Indeed, it may help turn some of the people who are leaving the new cluster, and quitting wurm altogether, to remain on wurm in the old cluster (since the old cluster is far less overcrowded).  Though here it may just be wishful thinking!

If overcrowding is an issue in NFI that's causing people to quit (wouldn't surprise me as overcrowding generally leads to friction between players and a worse atmosphere) then one way travel from NFI to SFI could indeed help with that. Honestly they should probably just link both clusters before their planned big marketing push (according to the roadmap), else it will just make things worse.

Can we link the clusters already. Most of the skills are filler or useless after 60 anyway

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Leilue said:

Can we link the clusters already. Most of the skills are filler or useless after 60 anyway

what do you get from the link?

• Like 1

Connect the servers when the time is ready. Sail wherever you want to live.

• Like 3

On 11/7/2020 at 10:25 AM, Ecrir said:

If overcrowding is an issue in NFI that's causing people to quit (wouldn't surprise me as overcrowding generally leads to friction between players and a worse atmosphere) then one way travel from NFI to SFI could indeed help with that. Honestly they should probably just link both clusters before their planned big marketing push (according to the roadmap), else it will just make things worse.

sure and it the problem was the lack of flying pig,s adding those would solve it. but it isnt.

the number 1 reason people quit even in cadence is because the game looks dead, i remember just a couple of days ago someone "hello" on freedom chat and then someone else answered the person who said hello before said "oh so people do play this game, it looks like nobody does." so if even Cadence has an "undercrowding" issue, sfi has it much worse.

should they have a plan before any expected influx of new players? yes please dont wait until after it happens to think of something, plan it before it happens.

it also doesnt help that the tutorial is in its own server and there is usually 1 to 3 people in it, there must be new players that quit right there as soon as they see that they start in a server with 1 to 3 people in it.

as a player that started with the steam launch and having lived on all of the north pve servers i wanted to explore the south servers to see what people before had done on their deeds. so i made a charactor to explore around the south servers and found that i fit in much better there than i ever had on the north. so now i am slowly building my new deeds on the south while maintaining at near bare minimum my stuff i own on the north. however if there was a way i could bring my toons from the north to the south i would probably abandon the north servers because frankly i find it is calmer and less stressful in my experience on the south servers, and i have made more friends on the south servers than the north. so even if i couldnt bring stuff with my toons from the north i would still love to move them all into the place where i feel calmest. currently i hold 3 deeds in the south and 4 in the north and spend a lot of money to support them and my small army of toons each and every month. so keeping the servers locked off does not benefit me very much

• Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 12:18 AM, Tpikol said:

i remember just a couple of days ago someone "hello" on freedom chat and then someone else answered the person who said hello before said "oh so people do play this game, it looks like nobody does." so if even Cadence has an "undercrowding" issue, sfi has it much worse.

That doesn't equate to lack of people playing.  I had that problem was Cadence was crawling with people - calling out in chat and getting nothing back at all.  Didn't matter if it was global local or whatever - except for maybe trade copping a spamming.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:02 PM, Finnn said:

people. seeing the same toxic old players that own every part of the surrounding areas and are perfectly okay to give it to friends* and allow them in the area but no one else that is outside their social bubble.  

• Like 1

@Leilue

Please give us names of the same toxic old players that you are talking about.  I want you to give us the names!

On 2/7/2023 at 11:02 PM, Finnn said:

what about combining the small community wurm have instead of splitting them?

11 hours ago, Leilue said:

people. seeing the same toxic old players that own every part of the surrounding areas and are perfectly okay to give it to friends* and allow them in the area but no one else that is outside their social bubble.  

this i have never heard of.

• Like 1