Sign in to follow this  
Leora

Secret Passage Ways!

I think Secret Passage Ways should be an in game feature!

This would be so easy to do, just make a setting for any wall, window, etc (not doors, obviously)  to become a secret passage way. When the setting is turned on, said wall etc will be able to be passed through after it swivels on a center axis. It will then time out after say 20 seconds and close again. It could require Permissions to use it or even see that it is there. Then you could build secret society rooms for Religious Sermons, or have hidden places where you store your most precious valuables! You could also make a skill in lock picking to detect hidden doors!

• Like 10

I love this idea, though I imagine it could be a challenge preventing people from getting stuck in walls and doors.

5 hours ago, Antony said:

I love this idea, though I imagine it could be a challenge preventing people from getting stuck in walls and doors.

Wouldn't they just work like a regular door in that regard?

I imagined the collidable model would rotate so players could run through the wall while the secret passage is open.

nkrbYQU.gifIf the wall rotates at its center axis and it has the behaviour of a door, the player could walk through the door cause doors in wurm typically don't have collision unless they're locked and since it's unlocked we could technically walk through the wall. It wouldn't accomplish anything but it'll look odd. 🤷‍♂️

dfWzpgQ.gif If the wall model has collision as it rotates it'd push the player character out the way

isygfOf.gif I don't know what I was thinking when I animated this, sorry. Something about demonstrating being stuck.

In any case it'd be a really cool thing to have in wurm.

omg, imagine an entire house full of secret passages. Every wall, secretly a door. That could get crazy.

Edited by Antony
I'm really tired :(
  • Like 2

I did Puzzle Labyrinth a few days back, and for a project like that it seems that it would be useful. Other than that maybe it might be of some use to people on pvp. However then a system needs to be in place for finding and opening them and there would have to be a trade-off between those and usual doors.

Other than that it doesn't seem to have much use. Just a curiosity.

Making them and bypassing them (on pvp) could make use of the traps skill.

I already have secret passages in my castles; old school style. Just pop a tall bookcase in front of a single door ;)

• Like 5