Sign in to follow this  
goemo

Would people be interested in a alt free city?

Heyho wanted to know if people would be interested in the following :

A city without alt accounts. Priests have to be main priests ( but are not forced to grind channeling until infinity )

A natural progression where nobody is forced to grind one skill until they are sick of it. 

I started with Wurm overall about 2 months ago and would love to see the game as it was intented to be.

You can use as many alts as you want but playing in this city only with one char. Dont use your alts to help yourself with CoC and similar. 

Priests would be support roles that help out where they can. getting skills quickly to 100 would also not be the goal. Just having a nice relaxed city capable of what they can do. That means if there is no priest available you have to either buy them from somwhere or even not having those advantages at all. No making 1000 needles to grind skills. 

Please dont see it as a recruitment iam just interested if something like that would even be wished for. 

Bonus would even if the city would be 100 % self supplying and not getting help from outside via buying. As little as possible use of the cash shop aswell besides maaaaaybe having enough silver to set up a deed. ( I rather would make some money ingame though in advance and pay it that way )

If you have other neat ideas to make the gameplay more as intended by the dev´s please let me know. 

Edit : Also on a sidenote i would love to Main the FO priest and iam already at 30 faith.

Edited by goemo

Sprinting to 100 is only useful if you plan to make money in game. I think that enforcing an alt free city would be hard, but other than that there are plenty of deeds and adhoc groups that play like you described. Because they are just playing for fun.

Like I main my Fo priest and don't care too much for channelling because everything is high enough to grow trees with my powers. :)

I have an alt to build thing on my deed though and do what I can't, like cut down trees that grow in the wrong place.

There are definitely already people who prefer to play with others who aren't using alts. You'd just need to advertise around a bit, but you could make this happen. Only thing is, people get bored and quit, and if you're limiting yourself to a smaller subset of the playerbase, you're making yourself more vulnerable to villager shrinkage, just something to keep in mind. For me personally? I wouldn't be able to enjoy wurm at all only playing one character

ppl that play with no goal in this game either quit fast or play very little. Either way, its hard to do ANY tasks with such ppl, even building a nice deed, because nothing gets finished. On the other hand, the ones that have goals in game, they play a lot and try to achieve their goals, might be build a deed for some, become a fighter or a crafter or a good priest for others. Every goal to their own, but some goals should be common between those ppl, and only then you can have a nice village where everyone has their own tasks. Now, ideally this never works out too, as everyone wants to have their own village more or less. The only times iv seen this ever working were when a group of in game friend players (or irl friend) set a task to themselves and they stick together. Other times this works on pvp servers, where a group of ppl and team play is a must. 

Since you have no in game friends, you dont play pvp, whatever best intentions you might have it will never work. Not saying you dont even try, ofc do your best and most inportantly - play how you wanna play the game, just dont get upset or disapointed if your plan never works out.

I play for many, many years and I'm not using alts. (beside deed holders, since i have 3 deeds). I'd love such a deed/ community. Anyway I'm living in SFI, so it's impossible for me. Anyway, wish you good luck. Remember, regardless of everything, there are still people who don't use alts. 

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 1

I have never used an alt in any game and I am not about to start.  There are definitely players who don't alt.

13 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I have never used an alt in any game and I am not about to start.  There are definitely players who don't alt.

Your signature says you have an alt though...

In gaming, an alt is shorthand for an alternate ID, or alternate character. It's just another character that you play sometimes. It doesn't necessarily mean that you multibox, or even have both on the same server really. Unless you fully retired Thetrickster I guess?  Then I suppose it'd be fair to say one or the other isn't just an alt and the other is your main

10 hours ago, Arronicus said:

Your signature says you have an alt though...

In gaming, an alt is shorthand for an alternate ID, or alternate character. It's just another character that you play sometimes. It doesn't necessarily mean that you multibox, or even have both on the same server really. Unless you fully retired Thetrickster I guess?  Then I suppose it'd be fair to say one or the other isn't just an alt and the other is your main

Nope.

The NFI and SFI are effectively two separate games.  I play both and I couldn't start in the North any other way than start a new character.   Thus I have two characters for two games.  For each game I have a main and nothing else. My signature tells you my character on each of the WO games available. 

They are alternate games, not alternate characters.  I don't think anybody would suggest that a WU player character is an alt of a WO main character.  This is the same as that.

• Like 1

Until travel becomes available between SFI and NFI :P At which point it would be considered the same game

1 hour ago, Kellen said:

Until travel becomes available between SFI and NFI :P At which point it would be considered the same game

"Until" could be never, and if it happens then I will happily retire Junior, because I only play 1 character in game.

Regardless, currently they are as much separate games as WO and WU are separate games.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:32 PM, goemo said:

If you have other neat ideas to make the gameplay more as intended by the dev´s please let me know.

Be careful trying to interpret how the devs 'intended' you to play.  The main intention is for you to have fun, and if playing without alts is that for you, then go for it.  There have been many, many devs over the years, and some of them have had quite different intentions on direction, intent, style, etc.  Even just looking at the current dev team, 'as intended' may be quite different, depending on who you're talking to.

Given the setup, if I had to pick alts or no alts as the 'intended play style', I'd have to say the intent was generally for people to have alts.  But who really knows - having a main-only village may well be a fun thing to try.

• Like 1

My deed is currently doing just this! Our current one and only rule is no alts allowed on the deed and no interacting with any alts of deed members. It's been working great. The only downside to it is that by limiting yourself to no alts you really need to have make up for by having lots of deed members. Otherwise things can kinda become a little too challenging for most people. We're currently 10 members strong and I assume things won't start truly balancing out until about 20. If you'd like to see what it's like to live on that kind of a deed you can check out my Twitch channel where I stream the deed constantly :) We're also always looking for new members!

7 hours ago, Wonka said:

Be careful trying to interpret how the devs 'intended' you to play.  The main intention is for you to have fun, and if playing without alts is that for you, then go for it.  There have been many, many devs over the years, and some of them have had quite different intentions on direction, intent, style, etc.  Even just looking at the current dev team, 'as intended' may be quite different, depending on who you're talking to.

Given the setup, if I had to pick alts or no alts as the 'intended play style', I'd have to say the intent was generally for people to have alts.  But who really knows - having a main-only village may well be a fun thing to try.

Yeah i know what you mean. But still no mmorpg was planned with alt accounts in mind. If you catch my drift...

On 11/5/2020 at 5:25 AM, goemo said:

Yeah i know what you mean. But still no mmorpg was planned with alt accounts in mind. If you catch my drift...

I would say that given Wurm allows you to link 5 accounts to 1 email account, the devs absolutely intended alt play.

That being said, good luck with your idea here.  I don't know how it would work - if you are asking folk to buy items from outside the deed even if they have an alt capable of making it (in your example, buy enchanted goods).

None the less, I wish you the best.

From what I understand, Golden Bay (G10) is a deed with a few members and no alts allowed.