Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Wax food to prevent decay to display food on tables.

A usage for wax could be to wax a plate full of food or any food item which would make it not decay while on deed.  It would become non-eatable.  Than can display food on table without maintenance.

• Like 15

Yes! In fact, any process that can be applied to items to make them no-decay but also unuseable for their original purpose I'd be for. The first weapon anyone ever gave you? Display it proudly. Want to set out a buffet display to make your deed more festive for a month or so? Go right ahead. Want to build a museum to display your archaeological treasures in every metal type imaginable? It's safe.

But yeah, even if it only applied to food, I'd be all for this.

• Like 2

There's so much beautiful food it would be great to see it displayed more often

• Like 2

Yes please! I love decorating to make the place feel more alive but it's hard to keep up with it when things decay so fast.

+1 Would be so nice to put some food on the tables of my tavern. A lot of food looks really good but that is a complete waste if you can't put it out on display. 

+1 , can't see any valid argument against this

Another interesting idea for decorative items would be to introduce something like a 'wax sculptor' skill where you could make decorative replicas out of wax.

Was going to post this, not sure if I should just necro this instead or make a new post

There's so many foods in this game that go completely unused because pizzas and meals are objectively better; I would absolutely love to use some of them for decor but they decay really quick (and randomly) which is really discouraging.

We have wax paper used to normally preserve food; why not just add an option called something like "Preserve for display"  - maybe write in event log "You begin to wax the (food) to preserve it for display. This will make the food not decay, but will make it inedible!" and give it a 30 second timer or something so people don't accidentally ruin the food. I suppose you could tie to a skill, but having to figure out the recipe and cook it is skill enough in my mind.

This doesn't feel like it would be too hard to implement, since it would reuse the same model and materials that we already have

• Like 1