Sign in to follow this  
blondschopf

Tunnel under the mountain

We dig a tunnel under the mountain to connect from the south to Encode. Is this basically possible? We get stuck at one point. See for yourself:

wurm-20201031-2118.jpg

The cave entrance on the other side of the mountain which may be the problem.

wurm-20201031-2119.jpg

In the cave.

wurm-20201031-2246.jpg

You can see that in the tunnel.

It's said "A dangerous crack is starting to form on the floor. You will have to find another way." at left side of this tile.

Edited by blondschopf

You have reached an already existing tunnel which is way lower than your current one and so mining ot the wall of it created a dropshaft.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blondschopf said:

Do we have to mine around it? We have no idea how deep we are.

mine around it, if you can tell where/how long the mine is, or get a mag priest and strongwall 3-5 tiles of the old/random tunnel and then go through

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, neopherus said:

As this is not a bug, I've moved the thread to Community Assistance

Ok. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Oreo said:

mine around it, if you can tell where/how long the mine is, or get a mag priest and strongwall 3-5 tiles of the old/random tunnel and then go through

We are  mine at left tile. In the right are tin and iron veins. But we don't know how deep we are. Do we have to dig up at some point?

Edited by blondschopf

Thank you all for the information. We have found a way on the left side and are now mining upwards.

23 hours ago, ausimus said:

You can mouse over the tile border if climbing and see how high or low you are in relation to the adjacent drop shaft tile.

It was not possible to count the slope. The high mountain is very steep in some places.

The tunnel has now been completed. It runs directly under the mountain from Encore in a southerly direction to Bree and is 200 tiles long and overcomes an altitude difference of about 690 slopes. A cobblestone way begins in southwest of Encore and leads to the entrance.

• Like 2