Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Change Rift from 4 waves to 3 waves.

With Jackal not coming back any time soon and the low turn out rates to Rifts, can you reduce Rifts from 4 waves to 3 please?  Gets really long and boring after 3 waves.

• Like 4

Agreed, rifts are too long and waste of time, if didn't have to do 100 for journal I wouldn't bother about them. Having just first 3 vawes at its current difficulty would be someowhat bearable, 4th one just takes to long and its not fun at all...

• Like 2

nobody cares guys, good try, isn't this 3rd-4th topic asking for the same thing..

Agreed - been asked for many a time, but just ignored - unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Baloo said:

We'll continue to be ignored sadly

+1 also make them contribute towards mission count and include sleep bonus reward

new players like the long rifts u take ages to get there may as well have a long rift ,just go make a coffee for a while

Actually, I do not see much of a difference between the old 3 wave rifts and the 4 wave one now in terms of length. Wave 1 is extremely short, the kill count on lower participation barely providing the hearts to sac. It is often done in a few minutes. Second wave is not hard either, much like old wave 1. So putting 1 and 2 together would not really harm but also not be real fun or needed. Wave 3 is somewhat more demanding with the first ogres, and higher numbers of summoners, casters, and champions of all sorts arriving. Wave 4 is indeed somewhat more difficult and lengthy, but also with a couple of challenges, the WM in particular.

When comparing the old style rifts with the recent ones, the further had only few higher difficulty at times, namely

• large numbers of creatures of all sorts pursueing and able to be dragged on others by reckless or malevolent players
  • rift creatures agroing every creature even outside the rift area, especially horses and bisons hitched outside pens
  • traps (only recently removed), also mainly killing horses

None of the above is really missed.

As a measure for rift length, I had a few old rift fights with very low participation (3 to 5 players), and considerably more later (mainly second half of 2019). All of these took comparably long time, up to 7 hours. High participation rift combat was bit shorter with the old rifts (from Niarja data), mainly due to missing WM fight (the old WM was a joke), but not more than 10-15 minutes on average. And, by the way, old style rifts with rift mobs agroing everything required more preparation of rift camps etc. which made up for the slightly shorter combat time.

Generally, I tend from neutral to -1 to the proposal. I understand that those not liking rifts yearn to have the 100 rifts goal completed as soon as possible. But especially lately, I met quite a number of players loving these combat events. Crippling rifts would not be welcomed by those players, including me.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Finnn said:

nobody cares guys, good try, isn't this 3rd-4th topic asking for the same thing..

7 hours ago, Baloo said:

This is probably the 5th time asking.  Hopefully they can reconsider with whatever the rework or addition to whatever they said they were doing that is supposed to make things more fun.  2.5 hour Rift yesterday sucked and we couldn't even kill the Warmaster even though everything else was dead.

Please don't make this game only for people that have no real life outside of the game.

dont go to rifts if you dont want to do them i dont understand this ,why do u want to get u stuff n go early maybe thats a thing the ones who want to finish in a hr should be able togo and get something for there troubles on the way down the road? killing war master needs 10 to 15 hitting him consistantly at once to get him, i miss the old 2 yrs ago rifts when internals were dangerous if u had no salve, bring this back not full on but make us use it again , some used to bow to pull them, now it seems so easy u can just run in and fight , for us pve ers this is our action dont make it shorter its a war ,or we will sit on our farms day in day out and do jack, and no we aint interested in pvp, i think expand on the one action part of our game make it better n harder more stuff happening . put new creatures or stuff cmon devs think danger ,nearly kill that guy ending it early at the alter .bring in a fully armed up skeletons a mean harder than a troll ones, seems people just there for the end collecting the stuff after its closed ,not joining in shouldnt be able to get the stuff

9 minutes ago, christopher said:

killing war master needs 10 to 15 hitting him consistantly at once to get him

me and @Madnathkilled it with just us 2

• Cat 1

2 hours ago, christopher said:

dont go to rifts if you dont want to do them i dont understand this ,why do u want to get u stuff n go early maybe thats a thing the ones who want to finish in a hr should be able togo and get something for there troubles on the way down the road? killing war master needs 10 to 15 hitting him consistantly at once to get him, i miss the old 2 yrs ago rifts when internals were dangerous if u had no salve, bring this back not full on but make us use it again , some used to bow to pull them, now it seems so easy u can just run in and fight , for us pve ers this is our action dont make it shorter its a war ,or we will sit on our farms day in day out and do jack, and no we aint interested in pvp, i think expand on the one action part of our game make it better n harder more stuff happening . put new creatures or stuff cmon devs think danger ,nearly kill that guy ending it early at the alter .bring in a fully armed up skeletons a mean harder than a troll ones, seems people just there for the end collecting the stuff after its closed ,not joining in shouldnt be able to get the stuff

Almost impossible to read, but I agree with most of it (i think?).

I loved a thrill of internal wounds or risk of loosing a horse due to traps. I hate when devs are making things easier and easier. Without any risk at all. I think there always should be something in game, that involves some risks. With good ol' rule- higher risk, higher rewards.

Reduce to 3 waves please. In the meantime I'll await for the 5th time it's posted in 2 months again.

I cannot say that I am for reducing the number of waves, but also not passionately opposed when it deals with putting 1 and 2 in one new #1.

Those advocating 3 waves should be honest, towards themselves in the first place. Do they only want rifts easier to get their goal done, even on cost of making them less fun to those who like them, or do they want better rift fights. If the latter, kindly specify.  Most seem only to get the Destinations Unknown goal done as fast as possible.

In fact, I fail to see a 2.5hr battle much of a reason to complain, and it is proven(see Niarja) that rifts can be completed in 1:25 hours. To demand combat time further shortened is a mockery towards those travelling an hour and more one way to reach the rift location.

As to the comparison of old style vs. new style rifts I disagree somewhat with Christopher in several points. I do not resent that the traps are gone, they were more unpleasant than dangerous. Losing good horses to them was frustrating but that is all. And that a combat death not spelled a death sentence to the mount I do not really see as a loss. It removes the need for lots of backup horses, and frustrations like having to leave a cart behind to grab it later because the hitches are lost. There is nothing "difficult" in providing enough mounts, it is just tedious and frustrating to do so. And I never saw a player killed by a trap, often the damage was ridiculous to humans. 

As to the internal wounds, I agree to some extent. Btw. they were dealt by ogre mages, not ogres in general. Ogre mages at that time were ridiculously weak, and I managed to kill them even with my sickle. Nowadays, ogre mages are stronger, but deal less damage by casts, especially no or much weaker internal wounds. I would not object them to become stronger under that respect again.

What has changed, and what I do not miss, are the pursueing crowds. They allowed chaos caused by incompetent or malicious players which was no fun and sewed dissent. Other than that, they were incredibly stupid and predictible, and their agro range was fairly short, easy to disperse. Nowadays, packs of beasts are a real danger as they tend to gang up, and taunt in turn, resetting focus and swing. And beasts can even cast damage spell (enchanted paws? ;) ). There is also cooperation between ogres helping summoners and casters, beasts assisting jackals and so forth. Some of the mechanics could be tweaked further, sure.

The WM has only become interesting through the new mechanics, before he was a joke. While killing him by 2 players requires top skills and equipment (high imbued BT staffs and very good armour I suppose), and can't be done by many, 5-7 higher level players suffice to bring him down if they stick to the fight. It is very favourable when at least one or two have PoP elemental immunity so that they can ignore the AoE spells. And if enough healing is available (LoF and Scorn), BT weapons are better than LT. 

I fear, for highly combat skilled veteran players rifts cannot and will not be a challenge. Depending on their mood and play style they can be pleasant social event in cooperation and giving guidance to lower and medium level participants. 

• Like 1

Rifts got made boring for me when they changed them from single target to aoe and the weird teleporting thing. Beforehand i'd actually have to watch what i was doing otherwise i could get chunked, nowadays i can literally afk in the beam for 7 minutes and block nearly every single hit (i'm not even joking about this i did this at a recent rift), but all the newbies around me get slaughtered by aoe's so i can't really be the dedicated tank either. Rifts scale based on people in the area but with people going for the journal and crafting in the area while they wait for it to end makes it random whether or not you'll get a normal rift or one that slogs on for 3+ hours and i don't really have the time to sit down and mindlessly slap mobs that have 0 threat to me, give nearly 0 weapon+shield skill and give like 1/6 of the points needed for a metallic liquid. 

• Like 1

maybe rift creatures should hit 20% harder for the higher ranked and the scale armour you wear, so its not so dull for the high tier players, they need problems to stress over then they wont say its to easy for them , I agree no traps for horses ,