Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Public Slaying: The venerable starving sly red dragon

Three days ago inside a little makeshift mine:

Spoiler

[21:36:29] You start to annoy The venerable starving sly red dragon in all imaginable ways.
[21:36:35] The venerable starving sly red dragon ignores your antics.

[21:37:00] The venerable starving sly red dragon breathes fire!
[21:37:00] The venerable starving sly red dragon burns you.

[21:37:11] The venerable starving sly red dragon hits Mordeith deadly hard in the chest and harms it.
[21:37:11] You miss with the sickle.
[21:37:20] The venerable starving sly red dragon hits you extremely hard in the stomach and harms it.
[21:37:20] The venerable starving sly red dragon ignores the effects of the studded leather jacket.
[21:37:21] You miss with the sickle.
[21:37:26] The venerable starving sly red dragon hits you deadly hard in the chest and harms it.
[21:37:26] The venerable starving sly red dragon ignores the effects of the studded leather jacket.

[21:37:52] You stop attacking.
[21:37:52] You are summoned to the location of Obrut.

.. out alive :) 

Lake Vrock Alliance proudly announces: Public Slaying of that fiery creature.

Caution: Penning has cost us two good horses. RIP.

timer_E1604782851.svg

• Like 22
  • Cat 1

RIP Horses :( Your sacrifice will not be in vain!

Thank you very much for putting this together, @Ekcin and Alliance :D 

• Like 2

Thanks KharnovKrow.

Sorry to have forgotten yesterday:

Special thanks to Mordeith who found the dragon and spread the word,

Killerspike as the lead miner who also closed the pen

Mordeith, Killerspike, and Timothymarker for luring the stubborn beast to the mine (it refused a lot to go in), 

and of course my priest Obrut who got me out.

Beside what I already bragged about I also took part in digging and mining :) .

• Like 1

Seems like.but without a meeting point or general area where the slaying will take part, nobody is going to bother

Nice job Ekcin and the others who are putting this together. I'm sure the location will be revealed closer to the time of the slaying, and there will be loads of people there, no matter what the negative nancy's say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skullripz said:

Can anyone participate in the slaying?

Yes, though only premium players will get the blood and a piece of scale (and low level players should be cautious). Timothymarker will give further informations about the location early enough before the slaying. There will be signs in place pointing to the event location early enough, and a map of the area in question and the route to the dragon will be posted.

Edit: @Zarame: Lake Vrock Alliance should give at least a general idea where to go, sufficient for over a week before the event.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

Is this going to be near VRock Landing?

Edit:  I don't know if this was updated or I over looked it, but thought it said 6 hours, not 6 days.

Edited by nicedreams

The event is next weekend, as the timer says. Vrock Landing would be a good starting point to get there, but detailed information will be given during the week.

8 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

The event is next weekend, as the timer says. Vrock Landing would be a good starting point to get there, but detailed information will be given during the week.

I thought it said was happening in hours so was wondering where the actual location was, but if happening in 6 days it makes sense no exact location yet.

Lol, Platyna. I already wrote that the location, together with advices how to get there from all SFI servers (and pointing signs in the area) will be published in the course of this week as it is the usual standard for public slayings. The organizer Lake Vrock Alliance already gives an impression where to go, and as said, Vrock Landing (or Vrock Landing Inn run by LVA ) are valid points to get there. Looking forward to see you Saturday.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Lol, Platyna. I already wrote that the location, together with advices how to get there from all SFI servers (and pointing signs in the area) will be published in the course of this week as it is the usual standard for public slayings. The organizer Lake Vrock Alliance already gives an impression where to go, and as said, Vrock Landing (or Vrock Landing Inn run by LVA ) are valid points to get there. Looking forward to see you Saturday.

Where? I can't see them. Why couldn't you write them in your main post? Or draw like Stanlee did lol. :D

Edited by Platyna

Is it inland or close to shore? As i would like to know to come just by knarr or bring a cart

24 minutes ago, Zarame said:

Is it inland or close to shore? As i would like to know to come just by knarr or bring a cart

@EkcinCould you tell us map grid coordinates, please?

5 minutes ago, Platyna said:

@EkcinCould you tell us map grid coordinates, please?

This doesn't seem that hard. I went to http://wurmonlinemaps.com/xanadu , did the search/dropdown in the lower left corner for Vrock Landing and voila, I found what has been stated as the closest point for now. As per usual, I highly doubt folks will be giving out more info until closer to the event.

• Like 3

I think Tim will announce the exact location later in the week. I recall other public slayings (if not on Stanlee's default place ;) ) were announced less than 24 hours before it, maybe this one will be published bit earlier.

As said, Vrock Landing (with Vrock Landing Inn offering food and beds :) ) is one good starting point (G13 on map). Coming by ship is easy as Lake Vrock as the nearest mooring point can be reached from north, south (through LVA tunnel) and west. Of course, mooring at the former Sojourn harbour in Lake Selkie (north H14) is also still possible.

Those coming without a band of priests 😎 on a cart can easily do with a horse, and the location is close enough that even one fished out of the lake might suffice. Care to arrive best one hour in advance at least though. But it is inland, no chance for alts to stay in a ship moored.

Edited by Ekcin

Thats all i wanted to know.i will bring a cart and horses. Since i want to bring my priests also

Oh, look, a public dragon slaying, what a surprise. :)

Like Ekcin already said, location is the general Vrock Landing region of Xanadu. Precise location will be posted 24 hours before the slaying. There will be a map with mooring spots and directions/signs planted from there to the location. Location is not at a highway, directions and pointing signs will be posted from Vrock Landing starter town as well.

Of note:

- Mooring spot for large ships is in Lake Selkie, reachable via Fogshore tunnels from Xanadu's western coast.

- Mooring spot for boats and knarrs is in Lake Vrocks, reachable via tunnels from Xanadu's north coast.

- Both mooring spots are undeeded, thus safe to offload creature cages.

- Location of slaying is not in any local of coast.

- Note it's a starving dragon, thus he may attack your horse, bring your priced horses on your own risk. No reimbursement for killed horses.

- Location is in the hills. There will be a spot for carts with alts and tents, but please don't complain about the slopes. Spot for carts/tents is well within the slaying location.

• Like 5

And hello again! :)

MUaofYp.jpg

Route description to the poor dragon:

- From Vrock Landing starter town: find route to Scorpion Hill, along the ride (only a few minutes) you pass Troll Hill guard tower. There will be signs to the slaying location.

- From Xanadu north coast (boats and knarrs only): pass through the tunnels into Lake Vrocks, In the south eastern bay of Lake Vrocks is a peninsula that serves as mooring spots. From the boathouse/pub/chapel at the northern end of the peninsula point signs to the slaying location.

From Xanadu West coast (useable by large ships): moor ship near old Sojourn deed, from the guard tower (named H14) there signs point to slaying location.

Detail view thanks to Ekcin:

ud4Oq6P.png

Organizers of slaying reserve the bone drop, all other loot gets rolled amongst slayers as listed on Niarja. Good luck!

• Like 3

Out of interest do you know if the tunnel would be close enough at that point to park a boat in local?

12 hours ago, Jospicy said:

Out of interest do you know if the tunnel would be close enough at that point to park a boat in local?

No chance to park boats in local. The real route of the tunnel does not go point to point, rather it goes mostly north first, makes a sharp turn to the west east of Undermountain deed until it turns straight north again. It will be approximately 100 tiles away from local at the closest point.

Btw., boats can also be parked around the northern tunnel entrance as there is a road leading to the boathouse, pointing sign in place.

Edited by Ekcin

will there be vynora altar at the site, so i can sac and summon people