Sign in to follow this  
Badgers

Demon Helmets stuck on Defiance

So I have just learned that Demon Helmets stuck on Defiance will not be moved to freedom.

Now of course some of you will say "Hey they warned you!" well not everyone reads the announcements or forums especially the Steam Community or Casual players. Or ones that were away and only returned during the event. But what about the players that knew and tried their best to log out on the PVE side but couldn't? For me the last time I played before the update Defiance server crashed. Every single day before that I had always logged out on PVE. There are also stories I've heard of other players who had their characters moved over by a friend accidently. Some more people thought because of the wording the reward would be when "logging in" for the first time not that it would be dumped into their inventory when already logged in.

Fact is there is probably a handful of players in each kingdom that would love to have their reward moved across to PVE.

We all pay premium for this game so I feel like we should be entitled to the same reward as everyone else, that would be fair right? A lot of things happened in the lead up to this update that were out of some peoples hands. I also strongly believe that the method in which this reward was delivered was a very bad way to hand them out and at least for next time could the DEV's please rethink this and maybe use another way to claim rewards (like maybe at the token or typing in a redeem key or something). Then at least this problem won't happen again.

I really do not understand why the GM team have choosen to say no to moving the helmets, it won't hurt anyone. It won't damage the economy if it is done now (perhaps a timeframe to move them and a cut off date). I believe that by doing this the GM team would actually be delivering good customer service.

Also just to note, even more people on the steam launch had sleep powders stuck on PVE or Golden Valley and GM's were happy to move the sleep powders from one inventory to another. Everyone was really happy and felt alot of respect for the GM's that were able to help. I was one of the ones that had their sleep powder moved.

It is such a small thing to ask to move a handful of helmets for a few PVP players so we can enjoy this limited edition reward on freedom (who wouldn't want to wear it at Rifts and Slayings?) and in return it would make a lot of happy players in the community and overall have a big positive impact. I would actually love to know what the reasoning was behind this decision and if the GM team could maybe re-consider their decision not just for me but others in the same position too.

• Like 2

How were we supposed to know when and where we were going to get it. I was out hunting on pvp and it was dropped into my inventory.

There should have been a redeem option so all players could choose where they wanted to collect the helm.

Being forced to play on a specific server during a time frame is unfair as pvp can be called any time on defiance.. The Hota could have been on.. Someone needed help "Nah m8 gona get me limited offer helm sorry in the next 10 mins to 5 hours" etc etc

i was online and in the process of moving alts and main to pve when it happened and missed out by 5 mins - the note also mentions when "logging  in" not logged in

unknown.png

• Like 2

My helmet is also on a different cluster than I would've liked it to be.
Why not just allow it to be redeemed from token?

• Like 1

I don't really see why devs did not choose the well tried way of getting the complimentary item using the redeem function of the tokens. That would avoid all this. Also I don't think there are thousands of helmets that would be asked to be moved so that is something that really would just raise moral of the playerbase with an acceptable level of workload.

EDIT: and yes it was worded upon logging in.

I for myself was so afraid to get it on the "wrong" cluster I dared not move off PVE for the full day before.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I'm not affected by this scenario at all.  However I feel for people who were logged in at the time of the event going live.  Then receiving the item while they were afk.  Now the items in question are bound to a server that doesn't allow items to leave.  Nor most likely will the items ever leave Defiance. 

Hopefully GMs take heart and help out the what I'm sure is a rather small number of players. 

• Like 1

Note: A friend who logged in after a long time away, received his helm as soon as he paid premium (it had the same time stamp as the premium payment) and he did not need or get a chance to log out and back in, so if you have not paid premium yet, choose where you want to be when you receive the gift.

[16:44:19] You now have premier playing time until 27 Nov 2020 23:54:53 GMT.

[16:44:19] You have received a Demon Helm item! Spooky!

Also the item only gets an owner's signature once examined, so if you prem an alt on PvE, don't examine the helm until your main toon can come over and pick it up.

Edited by Muse

Samool took my big bucket of Halloween candy away and said I could not go trick or treating this year unless I agreed to help with this little oversight.    So yeah, you can make a ticket for a one time transfer of the demon helm off of Defiance.

• Like 6

Thank you Enki, this has greatly restored my faith in the Gm team and I thankyou for reconsidering this one