Sign in to follow this  
OhPee

Planned RoS cast planned for Nov 1

I did not say that this is someone from this topic. I just saw from the messages above that people enter the trading post and write outright lies. And unfortunately, there is no yelp here and there is no way to prove that this is a lie. And if tomorrow random people come to any merchant in the same way and write lies? And it all started with calls to ruin trade on the first page.

• Cat 1

7 minutes ago, Sovos said:

Hi, I'm not in anyone's group here, I'm just here because it's absurd that you think this plan had any sort of headway in the community since it was only posted yesterday. There's nothing to stop anyone that has the ability from casting a rite, and if you wanted this to be more out there in the community then it should have been announced earlier. You know, like every other rite post. It isn't like it's a surprise as to when a rite is going to be available.

If it makes you feel better to believe there's a secret wurm cabal pulling the strings and punishing these wrongdoers then sure I guess?

People are going into the caster's merchant thread and leaving bad reviews because people took the high road and linked it in this thread.

I did not include any names with the group when I said that, but I can see how it was taken that way, so I thank you for clearing that up. Concerning me thinking any thing is absurd, if you read my posts, my concern is about the behavior and conduct about the caster and that is all. I was not part of the group that was planning to cast, I don't even know any of them, ( that I know of ). As I have stated already about the casters merchant thread, that is another issue and I have addressed my views on that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

Thank you for clearing that up. I do not know about any private messages outside what has been posted here. My only involvement has been what I've seen here on this thread. I do not know Dargol, you speak well of him as some others do, while others do not. We all have been in that position. I can only speak for what I have seen and the interaction I've seen from him and his behavior. I've expressed my thoughts on that already so will not go into it again. If there are issues of harassment happening from others to him or his friends via PM, either in game or on the forums, that should be reported and addressed. I also do not agree with posting on the merchant page, I will let my money speak for me and not spend where I do not feel comfortable. To go beyond that goes into the grey realm of harassment and does not gain anything for anyone involved. 

As Milkdrop has said previous, I think there may be some break down in communication due to being new and possible language conflicts. I can understand that, which is why when I don't understand something I will ask for clarity. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. I wish you and everyone else involved well, after all it is a game and we are all part of the community within it. Good luck and have fun :)

Great answer, wise thoughts

• Like 1

I think everyone will agree that this is an unpleasant situation. And because of the disrupted rite and because of the incorrect behavior of people in the store thread. Perhaps it is worthwhile to somehow discuss the conditions for preparing the rites in such a way that it is convenient for everyone, and not for a small group of people. Otherwise, such situations will simply continue. And just posting a thread a couple of days before the rite is not enough.

• Like 1

So what is "enough"? For future reference? Seems it was enough time to get quite a few people interested in coming to the prayer. But what is enough time or place to post such events? 

Perhaps like in this situation..when the person who casted was told that there was already one planned in a few days but went ahead and casted it anyways, I guess there will never be enough time.  

Edited by Brewboo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

I think everyone will agree that this is an unpleasant situation. And because of the disrupted rite and because of the incorrect behavior of people in the store thread. Perhaps it is worthwhile to somehow discuss the conditions for preparing the rites in such a way that it is convenient for everyone, and not for a small group of people. Otherwise, such situations will simply continue. And just posting a thread a couple of days before the rite is not enough.

The thing is, doing a public forum post and announcing a time, date and place has been the proper way for years, OP followed known rules.

That is also why the situation escalated as it did and no one can claim the other side did not know, they run a market post there, the Cadence Forum on the main page is right above it and there is not so much activity in there so the RoS cast was fairly often on the front page.

Stick to known rules and everything will be fine.

I admit those "rules" or "procedures" are not known to new players, but when confronted Dragol should have reacted differently, instead of making fun of it wherever he could.

He poured gasoline into the fire with his non apologetic behavior, making fun of people and basically just doing what he did, that is what made people who play by the unwritten rules angry and reulted in what you have been witness to today.

Back when SB was only granted to people online during the cast, this was a far worse offense of course.

What makes it different this time is the recent changes to rite casts, we have zero idea how long it will take for the next one to become available even, people wanted their journal tick... Dragol had it and walzed over everyone else, would there have been any harm to wait 2 days for his 5h of SB for the greater good of the lot of people who planed to gather, planed to burn their SB in time for it... now he ruined peoples plans, this trashes peoples real life time they carefully planed around the event.

Trying to be considerate of your next person goes a long way, specially in tight knit community games like Wurm.

Edited by Milkdrop
typos
  • Like 3

Why do you think that this man did not plan his own caste long before this post? Gathering people for the ritual takes time. And he was not offered to choose a convenient time for everyone, but only set conditions and threatened. Please re-read the chat screenshot from the first post.

• Cat 1

Yeah sure, so he was willing to take the 5 sleep powders and throw away his long prepared cast ?

• Like 2

It seems to me that the threatening tone of the topic starter in the chat only provoked the problem instead of trying to solve it. IMHO.
And I would not like to repeat this situation.

I bet nothing would change the next time he wanted to cast to get that SB IMHO

2 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

Why do you think that this man did not plan his own caste long before this post? Gathering people for the ritual takes time. And he was not offered to choose a convenient time for everyone, but only set conditions and threatened. Please re-read the chat screenshot from the first post.

I would not think that if he had it planned out for himself and a group of others, he would not have agreed to accept the 5 sleep powders that were offered to him. He in fact did accept to take those in exchange to not casting. This is the key to what I view as his behavior being selfish. If he had a group set up to cast it, he would be messing that group up if he took the powders and choose to wait. So the natural thought process can lead us down several different paths here. His own words and his actual behavior speaks loudly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piyu2 said:

Yeah sure, so he was willing to take the 5 sleep powders and throw away his long prepared cast ?

Why not? Favor is not something that can decay over time. In any case, there was no deal.

5 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

I see no RoS post on the forums by him, also it was said he was still looking for someone to assist with the cast to get the favor required just before he did it.

2 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

It seems to me that the threatening tone of the topic starter in the chat only provoked the problem instead of trying to solve it. IMHO.

I can agree, I think both parties involved could have handled themselves better and more friendly. Did the tone of the OP push the caster to want to cast more, I don't know, its possible. But yes, I do agree with you that the tone was not the best at any time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

Again, it is a mild warning and not a threat, what happens right now is what he was warned about, this is common knowledge here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gnomegates said:

I would not think that if he had it planned out for himself and a group of others, he would not have agreed to accept the 5 sleep powders that were offered to him. He in fact did accept to take those in exchange to not casting. This is the key to what I view as his behavior being selfish. If he had a group set up to cast it, he would be messing that group up if he took the powders and choose to wait. So the natural thought process can lead us down several different paths here. His own words and his actual behavior speaks loudly.

So if he agreed, he is guilty. If he refused, he is still guilty. It looks like fascism.

Just now, SethDrake said:

So if he agreed, he is guilty. If he refused, he is still guilty. It looks like fascism.

LOL

1 minute ago, SethDrake said:

He backed himself into a corner, by agreeing to take the powders yes, he looks bad, by casting, he looks bad, the last option was to not cast and be involved with the group that was planning it, that he was made aware of. He did not choose that path, he choose instead to cast. He always had a choice to back out and not cast.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Milkdrop said:

Again, it is a mild warning and not a threat, what happens right now is what he was warned about, this is common knowledge here.

May be it's a language barrier, but for me it sounds like an explicit threat not as warning.

1 minute ago, Milkdrop said:

Not a mild warning, but a compulsion. Why should I put pressure on anyone at all? What part of the community do you represent? Also 5 powders + deferred ritual is better than ritual at time. As i said ritual was planned in the beginning of week.

For the unwritten rules of old-timers, newcomers can not be responsable and should not be subject to pressure for it.

Just now, SethDrake said:

May be it's a language barrier, but for me it sounds like an explicit threat not as warning.

Maybe, but that is no excuse for his behavior either way, he clearly understood enough to decide for a better choice but he only picked selfish ones.

The people that had plans, the community and no one else but him mattered to him.

Selfishness does not go very far in a MMO.

As I said, instead of saying sorry, he rubbed it in, stired people up even more against him in public Freedom chat and poured salt out in this very forum thread as I mentioned before.

He does not display proper behavior and thats what irks people and eventually ruined his reputation and will cause him less deals as well.

1 minute ago, SethDrake said:

I think the way to look at what Milkdrop is saying, is that in the history of wurm there are ways that things are normally done. There are patterns that can be pointed to and used as examples of what will happen if something goes outside of what is normally done. With a game as old as Wurm, its not hard to look back at the past and predict the future. That is what I believe you are seeing here. Just the pointing out of what the outcome of the casters choice would be. This is not something new, and it happens with many different things in Wurm. The rites are not unique in this regard.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tihoretsky said:

newcomers can not be responsable and should not be subject to pressure for it.

Even when they are told that it was being planned in advance, they still aren't responsible?

He was even offered a slot if he wanted to join the group a few days from now.

Edited by Brewboo

Just now, Brewboo said:

Even when they are told that it was being planned, they still aren't responsible?

You are REALLY want to be responible.

• Cat 1

3 minutes ago, Brewboo said:

He was even offered a slot if he wanted to join the group a few days from now.

Why didn't they ask if they could join his ritual, for example? Double standards?