Sign in to follow this  
OhPee

Planned RoS cast planned for Nov 1

22 minutes ago, Tihoretsky said:

You are not correct.  Other patricians of ritual get journal entry. It was discussed with part of community, why your part of it is more important than our?. TC almost immediately moved on to threats to destroy Dagrol reputation, it is logical that the answer was rude.  It's not first ritual. You said that there are many people who don't like it. I said there are many people who like it. Don't think somebody have more rights, but somebody have more opportunities. What's done is done. Sorry for bad english.

You are trying to say that I was wrong in what I said, but at the same time you are applying the same reasoning but just to your viewpoint. In the chat logs that I have seen, no where did Dagrol suggest that he had it planned, that it was a community event. Where I can see here on the forums that it was a planned event with people planning on taking time to gather for this. That is the event. If Dagrol had it planned, he did not make it public, which I will say he does not need to, but he did advertise looking for someone else to help finish his group. So his group was not even large enough to do it, he needed outside help. After it was pointed out to him that there was a group of people that were waiting for the journal entry, he said he did not need the journal entry, he wanted sleep bonus. If you have logs showing that he had it planned and that there was more community behind it, then please share, because at this point it just looks like Dagrol wanted 5 hours of sleep bonus for himself and was not willing to consider rest of the community, after it was pointed out to him. That my friend is selfish behavior.

And like Ohpee has said, he had every right to do it, but the community also has every right, and I would say a responsibility to voice their thoughts and opinions if they do not agree with something that effects the whole community. 

By waiting, no one would have been effected in a negative manner. By casting when Dagrol did, HE then created the negative effect that does effect many people. So while there are many who like it, they would have liked it today, or 2 days from now just the same. The many that don't like it today would not even be involved, and we would not even be having this talk if Dagrol did not make a choice that many view as a selfish one. That is on him, he made the choice. 

You talk of threats, I do not see threats. What I see is Dagrol being told what the natural outcome would be if he went through with his choice. Warning someone of the outcome of ones action is not a threat. Me making the choice to do business or not do business based on their actions, is not a threat, it is the result of choices that are made. We all make choices that we have to live with, I try to fall on the side of truth and honor as often as I can and support those that try to as well.

Your english is not that bad :) Please do let me know if I don't understand something that you were trying to say. I believe that it is better to help and educate, and be educated when there are differences of thought.

Edit: I will add, that like we have seen in the past, there will always be someone who does not like it when one of these is cast. It is never the best time for everyone. I get that and understand it. My only point in all of this is the behavior of one person and how I view it. If this was 2 days from now and RoS was cast then, there would be others that did not like it at that point. I'm not blind to that.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 3

Nice, I will advise everyone I know not to make any dealings with this merchant, as they're far too selfish to take any of our silver.

Sorry it got ruined.

• Like 3

Agreed, I will not do any dealings with him. I will certainly make sure the normal people I interact with know about what happened and let them decide.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2020 at 8:53 AM, OhPee said:

This was the outcome of our conversation screenshot

If he casts, he casts and there is nothing we can do about it. If he doesn't, hats off to him for reconsidering. But if it is casted early, you know why.

I get that you want to burn sleep powder and not waste it, but you went in and immediately started browbeating him because you wanted to cast it. You come off looking like this:

Edited by Bakhita
Removed photo with gun
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

4 minutes ago, Sovos said:

I get that you want to burn sleep powder and not waste it, but you went in and immediately started browbeating him because you wanted to cast it. You come off looking like this:

Point of view which depends on cultural background and other variables.

But within the entire context it was a mild warning to the backleash and reputation damage Dragolls selfish actions would result in which is a known fact by anyone who has been playing Wurm for longer.

Now it is a "told you so" situation, not to mention just a short while ago Dragoll added on to this by behaving pretty childish in public Freedom chat when confronted with the issue by someone else.

Obviously he does not care at all for what people think or that he trashed a planned event that people with schedules and lifes wanted to attend to further progress their gameplay.

This individual is not really a community person going by his actions, this may work in WoW or other MMOs where you can namechange but Wurm is quite different and here we come back to the mild warning given.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sovos said:

You should read the whole..... it was absolutly nothing about HE wanted to cast....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sovos said:

I get that you want to burn sleep powder and not waste it, but you went in and immediately started browbeating him because you wanted to cast it.

Considering it had repercussions on a lot of us community members that were waiting only goes to show how inconsiderate it was. I can say that his words are reflective of what most of us feel towards Dargoll. 

• Like 2

a59Rgv7izpo.jpg

You REALLY don't want to do anything we don't like. Or we will write that you are a bad trader. It's pathetic.
Also for some reason no one is outraged about the Fo ritual today.

Edited by Tihoretsky
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

Lol, topic starter just imagined that he could dictate his terms to everyone and immediately violating his own offer. Like a cheap gangster from B movie. Not friendliness, not an attempt to negotiate, but only cheap threats.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

5 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

Lol, topic starter just imagined that he could dictate his terms to everyone and immediately violating his own offer. Like a cheap gangster from B movie. Not friendliness, not an attempt to negotiate, but only cheap threats.

Oh right...."Planning on casting a RoS on Cadence on Nov 1. Since the 10 hour SB, I suppose to give people time to burn that 10 hour SB Sunday Nov 1 will be a great time. Would people mind if I was the caster? I am 50+ faith on 2 other vyn priests and will be close to 90 by Sunday on my main priest. Any other priests would be a GREAT help! And always, when the next RoS comes around, I am willing to help with that too. "

Yeah that's really dictating terms?!?!? LOL 

Have you seen the screenshot of the chat? I did not see any proposals there to discuss or agree on. Only threats - don't do it, but I'll do as I want. Why does he decide for the whole community? It would be enough to invite to the topic on the forum and discuss it with everyone, and not decide for everyone.

• Cat 1

And I believe that these threats and the imposition of opinions only ruined everything

• Cat 1

4 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

Have you seen the screenshot of the chat? I did not see any proposals there to discuss or agree on. Only threats - don't do it, but I'll do as I want. Why does he decide for the whole community? It would be enough to invite to the topic on the forum and discuss it with everyone, and not decide for everyone.

You accuse the OP of doing the very thing that your guy actually did. Your group comes here and posts memes and does not address the many issues that were brought up. You show no interest in actual dialog or discourse on the concerns that members of the community bring up or a path forward to help keep this from happening in the future. So I have to assume you are trolling and will no longer feed into your garbage. Have fun.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

Naw. Mostly just to see that he was in it just for the sleep bonus. The way he was acting. He could have just got someone else to cast and him as a battery and he would have gotten a free 5 hours since that is what he was hungry for. Too many risks for that deal to go down. Why I stopped it y when I thought about it. I was too busy trying to figure out how to get through the "wall". 

7 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

And I believe that these threats and the imposition of opinions only ruined everything

What threats? You mean opinions and pretty well assumed facts that we all know happen in Wurm. Reputation of merchants gets spread by word of mouth just like in RL. 

Ever heard of Yelp reviews for RL restaurants? Should have one for Wurmians in general. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

You accuse the OP of doing the very thing that your guy actually did. Your group comes here and posts memes and does not address the many issues that were brought up. You show no interest in actual dialog or discourse on the concerns that members of the community bring up or a path forward to help keep this from happening in the future. So I have to assume you are trolling and will no longer feed into your garbage. Have fun.

It is a much more adult position to write in the store's theme so that you don't have to deal with the trader. (not a personal claim, "group?")

• Cat 1

2 minutes ago, Tihoretsky said:

It is a much more adult position to write in the store's theme so that you don't have to deal with the trader. (not a personal claim, "group?")

Can you please expand on what you are saying here please, I don't understand what you are trying to say with this statement. Thank you.

If you are referring to those that are posting on the merchants page, that is not me and I am not involved in that. So your issue is with them on that subject matter, not me.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 1

As I wrote before, you guys confuse a threat with a mild warning of what happens when people go and ruin public events for others, to anyone who plays Wurm for more than a few months this is common knowledge.

I apologize if you guys are new and did not know any better, but his behavior in public Freedom chat later did just add up to it, adding insult to injury and put him in a even worse light, no decent being wants to deal with someone like that.

And that is what is happening now, you walzed over a public event that was announced in the public and sniped it before it could be done - most likely because you guys noticed this forum post.

You behave like this in a community, you will reap what you sowed, simple as that.

Just because game mechanics allow for it, does not mean it is cool to do it.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Tihoretsky said:

a59Rgv7izpo.jpg
Also for some reason no one is outraged about the Fo ritual today.

Take a REALLY good guess to why that is.....I'll give you a few minutes.

• Like 1

Am I correctly understand that these guys, instead of expressing direct claims, are simply writing outright lies in the store reviews? Great, honest position. For cowards.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 minute ago, gnomegates said:

Can you please expand on what you are saying here please, I don't understand what you are trying to say with this statement. Thank you.

If you are referring to those that are posting on the merchants page, that is not me and I am not involved in that. So your issue is with them on that subject matter, not me.

Yes, that's what I mean. Once again, nothing personal, just a question for the defense team. They also write to people in private messages, don't have anything to do with Dargol. And these people raise the question of some kind of honor. I don't think it's right. I didn't participate in the ritual, and I don't have any interest from the store by the way, but i know Dargol. He can be rude, but he always does business honestly.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

15 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

Your group comes here and posts memes and does not address the many issues that were brought up.

Hi, I'm not in anyone's group here, I'm just here because it's absurd that you think this plan had any sort of headway in the community since it was only posted yesterday. There's nothing to stop anyone that has the ability from casting a rite, and if you wanted this to be more out there in the community then it should have been announced earlier. You know, like every other rite post. It isn't like it's a surprise as to when a rite is going to be available.

9 minutes ago, OhPee said:

What threats? You mean opinions and pretty well assumed facts that we all know happen in Wurm. Reputation of merchants gets spread by word of mouth just like in RL. 

If it makes you feel better to believe there's a secret wurm cabal pulling the strings and punishing these wrongdoers then sure I guess?

7 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

People are going into the caster's merchant thread and leaving bad reviews because people took the high road and linked it in this thread.

Edited by Sovos
  • Cat 1

2 minutes ago, SethDrake said:

Am I correctly understand that these guys, instead of expressing direct claims, are simply writing outright lies in the store reviews? Great, honest position. For cowards.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I have not posted or even looked at D's merchant page. That is not my responsibility. 

6 minutes ago, Sovos said:

People are going into the caster's merchant thread and leaving bad reviews because people took the high road and linked it in this thread.

It does not take a lot of processing power to find that threat and many people posted the name of the person, the name of the "market" and one person but not the OP posted a link... mood point.

And if the traders behavior is as nasty as shown then yea... I mean it is hard to cover up when he himself comes around in this post and is like "yea its been casted, have a nice weekend :P" .... if you consider that nice or proper behavior then I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Milkdrop
  • Like 2

Just now, Tihoretsky said:

Yes, that's what I mean. Once again, nothing personal, just a question for the defense team. They also write to people in private messages, don't have anything to do with Dargol. And these people raise the question of some kind of honor. I don't think it's right. I didn't participate in the ritual, and I don't have any interest from the store by the way, but i know Dargol. He can be rude, but he always does business honestly.

Thank you for clearing that up. I do not know about any private messages outside what has been posted here. My only involvement has been what I've seen here on this thread. I do not know Dargol, you speak well of him as some others do, while others do not. We all have been in that position. I can only speak for what I have seen and the interaction I've seen from him and his behavior. I've expressed my thoughts on that already so will not go into it again. If there are issues of harassment happening from others to him or his friends via PM, either in game or on the forums, that should be reported and addressed. I also do not agree with posting on the merchant page, I will let my money speak for me and not spend where I do not feel comfortable. To go beyond that goes into the grey realm of harassment and does not gain anything for anyone involved. 

As Milkdrop has said previous, I think there may be some break down in communication due to being new and possible language conflicts. I can understand that, which is why when I don't understand something I will ask for clarity. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. I wish you and everyone else involved well, after all it is a game and we are all part of the community within it. Good luck and have fun :)

• Like 4