Sign in to follow this  
OhPee

Planned RoS cast planned for Nov 1

Planning on casting a RoS on Cadence on Nov 1. Vyn is brimming with power and have the option to cast it on altar. Since the 10 hour SB, I suppose to give people time to burn that 10 hour SB Sunday Nov 1 will be a great time. Would people mind if I was the caster? I am 50+ faith on 2 other vyn priests and will be close to 90 by Sunday on my main priest. Any other priests would be a GREAT help! And always, when the next RoS comes around, I am willing to help with that too. 

What would be the best time for people to contribute? 
I am currently at D22. "The Hollow"

If you are interested in giving help, let me know what time you are available and we can agree on a time by Saturday Oct. 31. Please include time zone that you reside.

You can also find me on Cadence Community Discord: https://discord.gg/eChAXjQ

• Like 4

I can add a 68 Faith priest, my prefered time is in the evening EU-time and I'm flexible in reaching coastal places :)

• Like 1

Maybe postpone the ROS by a week? on friday there is a ROC. Would like to take both 5h with swichting religion

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ilovemagranon said:

Maybe postpone the ROS by a week? on friday there is a ROC. Would like to take both 5h with swichting religion

aka maybe leave it to get sniped on a weekday, again, so everyone loses 😜

6 hours ago, Ilovemagranon said:

Hoping it doesn't get sniped. By making the forum post, it would be something planned by the community. Therefore the person sniping would be highly looked down upon by the community. With the new system in place we don't know when the next will be. And this is the perfect chance to get people into the battery to get it for their journal entry. But RoC and RoS are for 2 diff deities as well. Not everyone has one for each religion. 

6 hours ago, Pokter said:

I can add a 68 Faith priest, my prefered time is in the evening EU-time and I'm flexible in reaching coastal places :)

Got your name written down Pokter :) I am EU based as well. But we will see the timing for everyone and hopefully average it out.

8 hours ago, OhPee said:

Hoping it doesn't get sniped. By making the forum post, it would be something planned by the community. Therefore the person sniping would be highly looked down upon by the community. With the new system in place we don't know when the next will be. And this is the perfect chance to get people into the battery to get it for their journal entry. But RoC and RoS are for 2 diff deities as well. Not everyone has one for each religion. 

like i said one (followers) can just switch religion and get both 5h SB after waiting the 7days cd on swaping religion. So every follower could get both

Heya guys - looks like Dargol is going to snipe this in 3 hours from now.  Good luck.

[20:59:24] <Dargol> (Cad) PC I am looking for a priest of Vaynora to perform the ritual. closing the job in the journal. we draw along the coordinates G9. need 65+ Faith priest

[21:00:12] <Dargol> (Cad) pc in 3 hours we plan. sorry for offtopic

Edited by Carbon

6 minutes ago, Carbon said:

Heya guys - looks like Dargol is going to snipe this in 3 hours from now.  Good luck.

[20:59:24] <Dargol> (Cad) PC I am looking for a priest of Vaynora to perform the ritual. closing the job in the journal. we draw along the coordinates G9. need 65+ Faith priest

[21:00:12] <Dargol> (Cad) pc in 3 hours we plan. sorry for offtopic

Having a word with him now in-game

[10:02:42] <Dargol> (Cad) PC [17:02:20] As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing!

I wish I could say that the selfish nature of man surprises me, but sadly it does not any more. There seems to always be someone who wishes to do things only their own way, with no regard to anyone else. Dargol and the "Dragon Valley Market" is now added to my list of people I won't do business with in the future. Good luck all.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 4

[17:02:20] As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing!
Have a nice weekend friends 😜

• Cat 1

Sorry to hear this got sniped from a planned event - especially by a merchant seller in the community.

Hope everyone can get their SB at least!

• Like 3

This was already been planned on Monday. On the forum, the topic was not created because the ritual could be performed on their own. What planned events are we talking about? Since when does one speak for the majority? Many people are comfortable getting a slip now and are grateful

Edited by Tihoretsky
  • Cat 1

4 minutes ago, Tihoretsky said:

This was planned on Monday. On the forum, the topic was not created because the ritual could be performed on their own. What planned events are we talking about? Since when does one speak for the majority? Many people are comfortable getting a slip now and are grateful

For me its not about it being planned, that much is up to those planning it. I take issue with the attitude of the caster. When he was approached, he responded in a manner that speaks to him wanting to do it because he wanted sleep bonus. He did not care that others were waiting and gathering for journal entries. He said he wanted sleep bonus, so he wanted to cast it. He would have got the same sleep bonus if he had waited 2 more days. By him doing it now when he wanted, he showed he had no regard for others that were planning and waiting to cast this to get the journal entry. He even agreed to not do it in exchange for 5 free sleep powders, showing that he did not care about anyone else in the community. He was simply interested in "his" sleep bonus and was not going to wait. This is a selfish attitude and as it is a free market, I choose not to do business  with people that show this kind of behavior. 

For full disclosure, I had no horse in this race, I'm not a vyn priest, I was not waiting for the journal entry myself. I simply feel that if things can be done to bring unity in the community it is a good thing, and when things like this happen that keeps that from happening, it makes me sad.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Tihoretsky said:

This was already been planned on Monday. On the forum, the topic was not created because the ritual could be performed on their own. What planned events are we talking about? Since when does one speak for the majority? Many people are comfortable getting a slip now and are grateful

To each their own. When does one person who already had the journal entry and just wanted SB get to dictate the work of something on the forums planned. And that a server worked forward. If he did all the praying, all the saccing, and all the sermons....Then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Trust me, more people are NOT happy with the sudden SB. You can see more people complaining that they have so much to burn in such little time now. The server worked for the SB, not just him because all of a sudden he didn't have any.

Edited by OhPee
  • Like 5

He also didnt seem to have any consideration for others - there are some who couldn't use up all their SB because they have a life, work, kids whatever. Now I have to use 6 hours up, which I am NOT ready for what I was gonna use it on, before I pray because some selfish git couldn't wait another day. I certainly will never use his market .

• Like 4

I have to burn 5h now before I can pray again, I planned with the Sunday cast but not this, this is a great inconvinience for my weekend plans.

Also I agree wholeheartly with what gnomegates said.

This is a small population MMO with no namechanges or alike, being rude to a chunk of the population while trying to run a market to make sales... yea good luck with that combination.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

He also didnt seem to have any consideration for others - there are some who couldn't use up all their SB because they have a life, work, kids whatever. Now I have to use 6 hours up, which I am NOT ready for what I was gonna use it on, before I pray because some selfish git couldn't wait another day. I certainly will never use his market .

1 minute ago, Milkdrop said:

I have to burn 5h now before I can pray again, I planned with the Sunday cast but not this, this is a great inconvinience for my weekend plans.

Also I agree wholeheartly with what gnomegates said.

This is a small population MMO with no namechanges or alike, being rude to a chunk of the population while trying to run a market to make sales... yea good luck with that combination.

Being rude to a chunk of a population that is more than 90% positive to planned community events will leave an everlasting scar on his sales/shop. He will forever be known as "THAT" guy.  He made his choice when that casting timer went down to 0. And we have to live with it either way. His market/shop will fall under because of his new reputation as "THAT" guy. The rest of us merchants will get some benefit from it. Not in the form of SB, but silver :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

Harmony is up also if you need it for the journal.

Thanks for the info. But I don't want people to be drowned in SB that is already hard to burn. If it is sniped, then oh well. Planning on spending the today and tomorrow with the wife anyway. Was SUPPOSED to come back Sunday to do the RoS on Cadence like I was trying to plan. But of course that fell through :D Thought Monday would have been good given the weekend and people having time to burn that SB.

• Like 2

*sigh* Oh well, I was looking forward to this.  I guess ill try to burn a bunch of sleep when I get home from work tonight and go pray on Cadence.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

For me its not about it being planned, that much is up to those planning it. I take issue with the attitude of the caster. When he was approached, he responded in a manner that speaks to him wanting to do it because he wanted sleep bonus. He did not care that others were waiting and gathering for journal entries. He said he wanted sleep bonus, so he wanted to cast it. He would have got the same sleep bonus if he had waited 2 more days. By him doing it now when he wanted, he showed he had no regard for others that were planning and waiting to cast this to get the journal entry. He even agreed to not do it in exchange for 5 free sleep powders, showing that he did not care about anyone else in the community. He was simply interested in "his" sleep bonus and was not going to wait. This is a selfish attitude and as it is a free market, I choose not to do business  with people that show this kind of behavior.

You are not correct.  Other patricians of ritual get journal entry. It was discussed with part of community, why your part of it is more important than our?. TC almost immediately moved on to threats to destroy Dagrol reputation, it is logical that the answer was rude.  It's not first ritual. You said that there are many people who don't like it. I said there are many people who like it. Don't think somebody have more rights, but somebody have more opportunities. What's done is done. Sorry for bad english.

P.S. It is natural that those who do not like it write here, if you are happy, you don't need to go to the forum and complain

Edited by Tihoretsky
P.S.
  • Cat 1

2 minutes ago, Tihoretsky said:

You are not correct.  Other patricians of ritual get journal entry. It was discussed with part of community, why your part of it is more important than our?. TC almost immediately moved on to threats to destroy Dagrol reputation, it is logical that the answer was rude.  It's not first ritual. You said that there are many people who don't like it. I said there are many people who like it. Don't think somebody have more rights, but somebody have more opportunities. What's done is done. Sorry for bad english.

Oh he had every right to cast. We are not arguing that. "Judge someone on the content on their character" - Martin Luther King Jr. And now we are discussing with the same rights as you as community members. People can also "Judge myself on the content of my own character" if they wish. And judge, we are doing. 

• Like 2