Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 29/OCT/20

PatchNotes-1-1.jpg5080
  • Added an option to the game settings (Graphics tab) that allows to disable seasonal event visuals. This must be set from the launcher settings before starting the game.
  • Tweaked chances of Halloween drops.
  • Creature spawns on Harmony should now be fixed.
  • Fixed the demon helm not being improvable.
  • Like 8
  • Cat 1

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Tweaked chances of Halloween drops.

So did you increase or decrease chance of drops?  What direction did you tweak it to?

• Like 1

Thanks for fixing Harmony spawns! Seem to be working great!

Edited by Stormcrow

tried to disable the event graphics, as stated above. It did not work

EDIT: used pvp portal to defiance and it turned them off 

Edited by steamedlunch

Creature spawns on Harmony should now be fixed.

Very nice just in time for Halloween thank you devs.

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

Creature spawns on Harmony should now be fixed.

Any more context on this? I think there have been 1-2 "fixes" in the last couple updates about the creature spawn being fixed. Is this a, its actually fixed, or a temporary forced creature spawn type of thing? happy either way. thank you!

I am seeing significantly more creatures on Harmony.  I got a bear mask from 3 hours of hunting.  My friend got zero from longer.  My other friend got one within 15 min of hunting.

Yes, seeing significantly more coins that holiday treats, so I think they tweaked down.

I spent about 8 hours wandering around Cadence and traversed a distance around 5 or 6 map grids.  I killed this stuff:

1 black bear
4 scorpion
1 wolf
2 mountain lion
7 wild cat
3 brown bear
10 spider
3 crocodile

3 pig
1 pheasant
6 hen
7 dog
1 deer

and got NOTHING!  I killed everything I saw except a few trolls as I can't kill them. Why does it matter if the Halloween drops are common? Only issue of matter can think of is it will devalue the things. But they should be for people to have fun with, not make silver from selling.

-

Edited by Yserin

1 hour ago, Ogare said:

I spent about 8 hours wandering around Cadence and traversed a distance around 5 or 6 map grids.  I killed this stuff:

1 black bear
4 scorpion
1 wolf
2 mountain lion
7 wild cat
3 brown bear
10 spider
3 crocodile

3 pig
1 pheasant
6 hen
7 dog
1 deer

and got NOTHING!  I killed everything I saw except a few trolls as I can't kill them. Why does it matter if the Halloween drops are common? Only issue of matter can think of is it will devalue the things. But they should be for people to have fun with, not make silver from selling.

realistically the depressing thing is that you spent 8 hours and found 49 creatures over it, or roughly 6 an hour, not the drop rates

but hahah look at 'em charts right?

• Like 1

Well, some places the drops are better than before. I made it from 50 to 70 today in FS.  All the rest of my time hunting from the start in July until today was 1-50.  I did not have to "hunt", I just got in the cart and started driving.  Many times, I would get stuck with 2-3 on me at once. At one point, a champ troll and pair of lava spiders... had to run away.

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

I think they tweaked the drops down a lot. The were ok the first day but the second day after they tweaked them nothing.

I wish I had kept a chart.  I did some killing on friday for 2ish hours,  6+ on saturday, and another 3-4 on sunday. I got 1 black bear helm.   I did get a pumpkin shoulder on the very first day, before they tweaked the drop rates.  

Pretty discouraging when I can spend most of my weekend freetime killing stuff and get 1 subpar drop

18 hours ago, Gremzir said:

I wish I had kept a chart.  I did some killing on friday for 2ish hours,  6+ on saturday, and another 3-4 on sunday. I got 1 black bear helm.   I did get a pumpkin shoulder on the very first day, before they tweaked the drop rates.  

Pretty discouraging when I can spend most of my weekend freetime killing stuff and get 1 subpar drop

Did you actually hunt at night? I got a silver mask and a Witch hat in a little over 1 hour today.

Edited by neopherus
My mistake

haha, funny you should mention that.  I actually made a remark to myself "it always seems like I go out hunting at night when it hard to see stuff"  So yeah I would say im out at night most of the time.

Good catch though, I would have been kicking myself if it was the other way around

4 hours ago, neopherus said:

Did you actually hunt at night? I got a silver mask and a Witch hat in a little over 1 hour today.

Not understanding this...does it make a difference when you hunt, in terms of drops?

41 minutes ago, RainRain said:

that is the most obscure way to say drops happen more at night

So obscure that I'm not too sure it's actually being said at all.

It's not being said. 

I'm just being poetic

And by tweak we mean before that we saw no drops of the bear helm, so was definitely up! 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 5:50 PM, Wurmhole said:

Well, some places the drops are better than before. I made it from 50 to 70 today in FS.  All the rest of my time hunting from the start in July until today was 1-50.  I did not have to "hunt", I just got in the cart and started driving.  Many times, I would get stuck with 2-3 on me at once. At one point, a champ troll and pair of lava spiders... had to run away.

I do this, just drive.  When I have to run away I look like the lead float in a parade.

Cart gives you a Combat Rating nerf which makes you less effective in combat vs...say being mounted on a horse which actually gives you a CR buff. Wagons are the worst of course. As tempting as it sounds, to hunt on a cart, you'll be taking a lot of dmg to your armor doing so.

6 hours ago, elentari said:

Cart gives you a Combat Rating nerf which makes you less effective in combat vs...say being mounted on a horse which actually gives you a CR buff. Wagons are the worst of course. As tempting as it sounds, to hunt on a cart, you'll be taking a lot of dmg to your armor doing so.

Yeah definitely CR nerf for being on the Cart.  I will occasionally take a cart out instead of a horse if I am looking for a lot of meat etc.  I do get off the cart to fight, but its still not as good as being mounted.

Sign in to follow this